1st Time Grow Jack Diesel Sativa Indoor CCOB w LST Hydro

Lovely cannabis Christmas tree. Was not able to see this thread last month I was away for the holidays. I have a pic to share too but I guess it's no longer Christmas time so sorry me. :)

Lovely cannabis Christmas tree. Was not able to see this thread last month I was away for the holidays. I have a pic to share too but I guess it's no longer Christmas time so sorry me. :)

Put it up anyway - that thread is on the internet until the internet is no more, and that will take at least an apocalypse...

I HARVESTED!

I was away for 3 days and upon our return and 1 week into flush we realised there was a serious problem, some of the massive buds looked like they were dying - it was... BUD ROT! we hacked the plants down, cut out the rot which lost us around 10% of the crop so not too bad. The trichomes were all milky, no hint of amber but they couldn't wait. Luckily we managed a small flush.

Why did we get bud rot? Humidity was too high, plus this strain has mahoosive buds in places which are prone to bud rot (dark grey mold). I am already ordering a dehumidifier.

We spent a full day trimming and ended up with 1.5kg just over 1.5 Lbs of wet trimmed bud. In a week I will update you on the dry yield and then it's cure time. We are being ultra vigilant because the fear of more bud rot during cure and dry is very strong. I should have sterilised my cutters each time but didn't due to ignorance so there is a possibility I contaminated the whole crop. I am SO glad we caught it. I am also glad that we are learning by trial and error, these small mistakes are the best way to learn IMO.

I have a bin liner full of scrap and popcorn bud to make hash, that makes me very happy!

Next time - I will LST and mainline properly - or Flux as our esteemed friend Light Addict has coined the term in a more green friendly way. I will strip the stalks allowing more air flow, I will organise the pruning and teasing of the plant to maximise space and flow, not let the plant dictate to me in the 'organic' aka newbie way I did this time. I will provide 'air in' with a machine, and have a dehumidifier in place. The temperature will be maintained better, with in a very small fluctuation, same as the humidity.

Finally I think I will do a soil grow and use organics. I know hydro is fine etc but I try and eat organic and free range so I think I should grow that way too. My system can do both so no loss there. I also think it will be less humid? I will find out :D

Next grow will be Bubba Kush, in soil (TBC) and organic - real organic not 'organic chemicals'. Again TBC.

Here is the trimmed bush ;)
IMG_26356.JPG

:Namaste:

Congratulations on the harvest! I like the changes you are planning to implement for your next grow!! I sure could use some of your humidity for my grow right now!!! ;) BTW is it 1.5 kg or 1.5 lbs. that you ended up with after harvesting?

What an idiot. 1.5kg so 3.3 lbs!

Dang 3.3 lbs is very nice, way to go. As far as humidity I think in soil you may have more humidity due to the soil being wet a lot of thee time. In my setup the only humidity problems I have are from my error of leaks on the carpet. But when my carpet is dry I don't really have much more humidity maybe 10% more than normal. But you will have a dehumidifier so humidity shouldn't really be an issue for you either way. Can't wait for the smoke report.

Dang 3.3 lbs is very nice, way to go. As far as humidity I think in soil you may have more humidity due to the soil being wet a lot of thee time. In my setup the only humidity problems I have are from my error of leaks on the carpet. But when my carpet is dry I don't really have much more humidity maybe 10% more than normal. But you will have a dehumidifier so humidity shouldn't really be an issue for you either way. Can't wait for the smoke report.

Great numbers :) well done !!

I haven't had an incident with bud rot yet, knock on wood. Still looks like you ended up with some decent sized buds though!

Wow, impressive!

Thanks virtual friends. I'm shocked myself! So much learned in the last 4 months and this has been the best hobby EVER. I'm researching my next moves - we may postpone to get the flat valued but that may only be in 6 months so maybe I'll sew the seeds sooner. Will know this week. For now I'll be researching with Rusky the medium we go with next. 24 hrs and so far no sign of more rot. Fingers crossed we make it to the end of dry and into cure - that's where mold can strike too so very vigilant. Green love to you guys :)

Scrap the organic idea, a chat with Rusky came to a joint (lol) decision that we will go hydro again. I had a skim through the organic process and thought uhoh, I don't understand any of this, which means another grow with zero experience. I am looking at second hand tents on ebay and toying with the idea of a second organic tent... :D

This is the first jar! I didn't think too much and assumed I'd jar upon one go but obvs it doesn't dry all at the same time. Doh. This is 5 days after chop. I put lemon peel in to enhance the lemon of the diesel... As per Cervantes instructions. Being a baker I can't wait to also have a jar w lime and one w orange peel purely for comparison. Lol what about cinnamon and cloves star anis.... Not sure if Rusky will let me go mad with that, but we're agreed on lemon and a test jar of lime and orange. Ooo orange and star anis? Lol. Happy Friday beautiful Green people.
image7018.jpg

Back
Top Bottom