1st Time Grow - Shiva Skunk - Advice Welcome

Cgodod

Got some Shiva Skunk seeds from Amsterdam and now im back home in germany. Iv lived in germany for about 5 months total. The plant has been growing indoors with a cfl and is going great... iv been reading about nutrition and fert... my problem is everything here is in german so im having a rough time knowing what to buy. I bought soil and its organic with guano... looking for someone who might know what i can buy here... i dont feel comfortable ordering online... trying to make poor mans grow... i have both cool white cfl and a warm light but just using cool right now...i forget the watts but it cost me 10 euros each light.. just looking for friendly advice... first grow...its like my baby! any and all advice is very much appreciated. i will try to put a picture.. if i can get things from OBI, which is like homedepot, that would make it easy since its nearby....its just on water right now and the guano soil

Re: 1st time grow-Shiva Skunk...Advice Please

WIN_20140519_174350.JPG

Re: 1st time grow-Shiva Skunk - Advice Please

Thats great to here... i need to clear up that the soil im using is frux bioline kräuter und aussaaterde which is not with guano but i have Compo natural fertilizer guano (i mixed it all up in my head). which i have not used but bought it cause i saw guano... also because i have strawberries and thought about them.... iv read the ph is important but i dont have a tester for now.....also that i shouldnt feed it in the first 2 weeks i was thinking to try that naturdünger when i would feed.......i only have the white light on should i already start the warm? id like to know if the products iv picked are on the right track and what im missing... nutrition wise im not sure....im glad to here i can get everythinng in obi...

guano
https://www.obi.de/decom/product/Compo_NaturDuenger_Guano_1_kg/9613035?c=249

soil
frux BioLine Kräuter- & Aussaaterde 20 L kaufen

A complete poor mans grow will be about 75-100+ watts of CFL bulbs per plant (CFL wattage, not the higher incandescent equivalent #), pots/buckets, drain trays if using buckets, fixtures for the bulbs, using the light bulb splitter helps fit 2 bulbs into 1 socket (extenders will be needed if using with the reflector). A timer for the lights will make your life a lot easier as well, but isn't required if you can turn the lights on and off at the same time every day. 18 hours on/6 hours off for veg is most popular. For photo strains, then you switch to 12/12 for flower. Auto strains can keep the same 18/6 schedule for the entire grow.

I'd suggest definitely using nutrients, I bought a small 3 part kit, that was about .9 liter, and it lasted through my first grow of 3 plants, and I have A LOT left over. You'll definitely need a PH meter, a digital one is best, but the cheap crappy one CAN work if you're really on a tight budget. (I'm using a cheap one now). For harvesting accurately you'll need at least a 30x magnifier. 60x is even better. You can find cheap microscopes with LED lights on Ebay for a few Euros. (You won't need one for at least 1-2months)

You will also want to be able to raise/lower your soil PH using a product called PH up and PH down. (Or something similar) Just be sure not to purchase the one for swimming pools. You can hold off on buying this, but as soon as your PH goes up or down, you'll need it as soon as possible. In a pinch you can use some household items, like lemon juice or vinegar to make the soil more acidic.

You'll need 1 small oscillating fan, or a breeze of some sort blowing on the plant at all times.

And depending on your situation, you might want an exhaust fan, and activated carbon filter to filter the smell of the Cannabis when she starts to flower.

I was able to purchase all of my equipment for about 180 Euro.

its looking good. One thing I've learned with CFL's is try to cram as much real watts as possible. And give nugbuckets(main-lining) a try. Its straight up and makes good use of available light. Google it and if have any questions feel free to ask. The best way is not really mess with nutrients. A organic soil, with guano, and other stuff shouldn't really need any. And for PH unless its hydro I don't measure it(think of mother natures rain water has a lot of ph difference). I say Give it RO water if possible, if not regular water is more important than nutrients IMO. Would love to see more pictures for sure :)

Im glad to see everyones interest....Ill write more details later on tonight...

WIN_20140520_132621.JPG
WIN_20140521_145657.JPG
WIN_20140521_150346.JPG
WIN_20140521_145650.JPG

Is this an outside grow? Or did you just take the pictures outside?

The stem looks a little bit stretched out, if growing indoors, how close is the light, and how many bulbs/wattage are you using?

You can put the bulbs as close as 2.5cm/1" to the plant with constant airflow, but be careful, if leaves start touching the bulb, they'll dry up real fast.

And of course we're interested. Everyone here is watching for a new grow, so we can all help out, and possibly learn a few new tricks as well.

Keep on going, It's looking pretty good so far!

i started this planet knowing i was moving to a new home in 2 weeks so my setup isnt ready yet but it should be ready next week.... as of now iv been using one light.....cool white.. osraum dulux..17w/840....170mA...50/60Herz.... from what i understand the 17w is the important part and i need more of it...right?

light cycle: 18on/6off with timer

i have a warm 23w/825...230mA.......as well but havent found a spliter so cant use it....once i get it, both lights will be on...im thinking one more cool white for now as well.....any advice?

i have it indoor growing but when the sun is strong iv put it outside with the strawberries for about 3 hours.....iv done this 4 days now.....

the rest of the setup ill get is as i need it but thank you Antics for the sum up its a good checklist.....

yes it is stretched......after the 4th day i noticed the stretching so i got the plant closer which stopped it....

they r sensi seeds feminized

FaTalPsYcHo thanks for the info on nugbuckets..... i will look into it alot more.... since this was brought up..... my goal is to get this to be a mother plant and i take clones from it ...which i need to read alot more about..... i dont realy now much or try a high yield experiment.... iv read about bending the plant over and hooking the tip to the lip of the pot with string.... causing all the branches to push up and more room for each branch...something like that....has anyone tried this.....

p.s. i have a dark green growth on the top layer of the soil not everywhere more like in patches...any advice?

:Namaste:

im reading that the mold is something that happens sometimes with organic growing and its probably due to over watering...

Usually mold issues on soil can be fixed just by removing the bad part and throwing it out, and controlling the watering as you mentioned.

I had some white fluffy mold on the soil once, scooped out the top layer of soil, and controlled how often I water, and I haven't seen the problem come back yet.

Yes mold and fungus comes from overwatering. But if you start with like a cup of water every other day with that pot, it shouldn't get moldy. Of course too little water is bad as well. Mainly play with the waterings and figure the plants needs. For lights ya the 17 is the important number to look at for "real watts" the other is a comparison to incandescent lights. For nugbuckets it's for about yield, not mother plants for for taking clones( it is possible with the cuttings but would not recommend that training for a mother plant) with the limited light you are better off just growing it for smoking. I would recommend just naturally letting it go

update...

now its on 2 warm (23 and 20) and 2 cool (17 and 21).....so at 81w mix...... anyone think i need more white and less warm or more over all?

i got a mister.. spraying twice a day..two squirts... thinking about keeping a moist paper cloth in there.... also might try making a fan with a computer fan for fun....

pics.....

old housing
WIN_20140521_151534.JPG

current housing
WIN_20140522_174610.JPG

plant day12
WIN_20140522_174716.JPG
WIN_20140522_174713.JPG

For Veg, most recommend the 6500K color scale, and for Flower, most recommend the 2700K color scale.

I started using 6500K bulbs, and slowly added more 2700K, and have been growing with both throughout most of my grow.

I don't see a problem as long as the plant has those color scales available to use, although the tried and true method of 6500 for Veg, and 2700 for flower has been proven to work time and time again. But if budget limits you, what you're using now will work fine.

Total wattage now will get you through Veg, but when you start to flower. If that isn't an auto strain, you'll manually be changing to 12/12 lighting, and that's when you should add a couple more bulbs if possible.

id like to know if the npk on this product is good.....would you recommend any other feeding...11.....6......3.5

Compo Bio NaturDünger Guano 1 kg kaufen bei OBI

FaTaLPsYcHo
iv been thinking about what you said....to take it easy with the nutrition..... this is the guano product as well......u mentioned just letting it do its own thing...i would like to push the odds on a nice yield.... what tips would u give me if i wana try nuggetbucking or similar ideas....

p.s. i dont know if by writing the name of who i want to see the message will send the person a message ....is there some other thing i need to do....

thanks in advance
:Namaste:

What's the deal with the plant on the left? It looks almost like 2 plants similar to the one on the right, plus a new sprout in the pot.

Do you have a small oscillating fan at your disposal? If not, that'll be something to add to your list. I've read many times that they help the plants build stronger stems and branches to support the weight of the bud later on. I'm using one myself, on the lowest setting, and the stem on the plant closet to the fan is much thicker, I don't know if that's just a coincidence, or if the fan really worked. It also helps improve air flow, and might discourage insects, and mold from growing as well.

Using information found HERE! I would say that product would be great for Veg, but probably not the best to use when you start flowering, because of the higher Nitrogen content.

To send a Private message to someone, you'll need to reach a 50 post count first, and then you'll be able to send a PM. These limits are set in place to protect us, by preventing spammers/advertisers from signing up and sending spam PMs to everyone, which could include unauthorized advertisers, or even scammers.

Sorry guys but its not skunk thats actualy a strawberry plant... im using it as my test subject.....I had fed the guano to it and I learnd that I was feeding to much..got the nut burn.... leaves turnd slight yellow in patches and some of the new leaves where distorted. ...im going to start realy light feeding.....mixing small pellets(the guano) with alot of water......

I do have a fan...I got lucky and found one....u know...one mans trash is another mans treasure.......Ooo Yeah.......I have heard the same about fans...just seems right what I also heard is to bend the steam by hand everyday once its strong.... iv been doing this since I felt it could handle it....not tough bend bu more like stretching it out

Iv moved to a new area and the water taste a bit different which has me thinking if shes gona notice and be a drama queen....I think ph test might be next purchase.... perlit as well for transplant..... I read about espom salt...something like that......and trace minerals.... what im reading about now....

Shes happy right now...ill try put up pic

Back
Top Bottom