1st Time Grower Box Build - 1st Clones And New Grow - Maui Wowie - GDP - LA Kush

I did feed them a couple days ago when I watered. I gave them a guano/fish/kelp tea that is high in N with some P and K. I'll probably water again tomorrow. They'll get the same nutes again when I water. I'm thinking that should fix the yellowing. It started when they where still in small containers in the baby box with the clones. They probably just sucked every last trace of nutrient out of those smaller pots. They seem nice and happy now. They grow visibly every day.

I'm lucky,

I can get clones from the local collective. Plus, I am fairly close to Seattle and they have tons of places to get clones. I would like to grow from seed at some point. Might even try some breeding. But, for now ......I'll just be happy to not kill clones ..... LOL.

If the stems are any indication, I am expecting some purple color from the GDP. All the stems are a deep purple right now.

The bad thing is ..... you get what you get. Some places have some sad looking clones. And, the conditions in most collectives are far from optimal. So you do with them what you can to get them looking healthy.

You can't even get into the place unless you have a drivers license and a recommendation. Once you are in there, you can check out all the goods.

Day 7

When I checked on them today, the dirt was dry several inches down so I decided to water them again with the Fish/kelp/guano water. My PH is about 7 ish. But, that shouldn't be too big an issue since I'm using soil. The girls are showing new growth and they look good. But, still a little pale. I water them more than I did last time. I don't think I gave them enough last time. Either that, or the cloth pots are just drying them out much easier. I'm hoping the nutes will help a little with the pale leaves.

I did notice that the leaves that were yellowish were all fan leaves with long stems that were stretching for better light when under the T5's. Hopefully that will be the end of it. I pinched off the worst two of the bunch cause I was sick of looking at them.

Anyway, here they are. They have all been showing new growth and the Maui Wowie is all the way up past the net and is sticking up a couple inches higher than the net. I should be able to start training her next week.

DSCF03681.JPG

DSCF0369.JPG

DSCF0370.JPG

That's it for now. Nothing else really to tell. I'll keep you guys posted on the pale color. The nutes I've been giving them is high in N .... just hoping they work it out.

Checked on the girls this morning and the color is much better. I think I have been underwatering. I soaked them last night ...... which means they got more nutes too. They seem to be doing better because of it.

LOL ..... I'll toss up a pic of the Mini Me clone later on. Want to show off all the roots it's got going. I finally decided to pinch off all the dead leaves on those four struggling clones. Still not sure what the hell they want to do .... die or grow. All the others look like they were just cut yesterday and they've been in the bubbler for about 10 days. Still no roots .... but, really healthy looking.

Day 7

When I checked on them today, the dirt was dry several inches down so I decided to water them again with the Fish/kelp/guano water. My PH is about 7 ish. But, that shouldn't be too big an issue since I'm using soil. The girls are showing new growth and they look good. But, still a little pale. I water them more than I did last time. I don't think I gave them enough last time. Either that, or the cloth pots are just drying them out much easier. I'm hoping the nutes will help a little with the pale leaves.

I did notice that the leaves that were yellowish were all fan leaves with long stems that were stretching for better light when under the T5's. Hopefully that will be the end of it. I pinched off the worst two of the bunch cause I was sick of looking at them.

Anyway, here they are. They have all been showing new growth and the Maui Wowie is all the way up past the net and is sticking up a couple inches higher than the net. I should be able to start training her next week.

DSCF03681.JPG

DSCF0369.JPG

DSCF0370.JPG

That's it for now. Nothing else really to tell. I'll keep you guys posted on the pale color. The nutes I've been giving them is high in N .... just hoping they work it out.

looking good:thumb:

LOL ..... I'll toss up a pic of the Mini Me clone later on. Want to show off all the roots it's got going. I finally decided to pinch off all the dead leaves on those four struggling clones. Still not sure what the hell they want to do .... die or grow. All the others look like they were just cut yesterday and they've been in the bubbler for about 10 days. Still no roots .... but, really healthy looking.

As long as there still green and alive i wouldnt mind. Throw some super thrive or hydrozyme in there. wake them up. They should start growing after that. You can add 10ml of hydrozyme per gallon

OK,

So here is "Mini Me" the mighty clone. It's my first successful attempt at cloning. It's got some fantastic roots. I just wish it would grow a little longer so I can try and pot it. I was thinking about sticking it into a rapid rooter to let it root. But, don't want to mess it up.

Mini_Me_Roots.jpg

Here's your damn pic ..... Wiz. :smokin:

It's my first born ..... don't want to kill it ..... LOL

Day 9

Wasn't gonna do much of anything today. Was gonna check on the girls and then just lay on the couch and watch TV all day. Started feeling poopie yesterday and think i'm catching a cold. So, went down to the basement and looked in the baby box and the grow box and was REALLY surprised.

I was expecting to see the same pale green color and a lack of any noticable growth. But, I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the door. Most of the pale yellow color is now gone and the leaves that looked the worst have actually darkened up. Which is absolutely great. I must have been under feeding and underwatering, because they exploded with growth over night.

The Maui Wowie is really reaching. I'm glad I am Scrogging this batch because this mainly Sativa is going to be one lanky plant. She's well above the net now.

Maui_Wowie_Stretchin.jpg

The GDP is doing really well. All those new growth and branches are now opening up and starting to spread out. This is going to be really bushy.

GDP_Branching_Out.jpg

But, the one that shocked me the most is the LA Kush. It's always been smaller and has grown rather slow. It was also a pretty shabby looking small clone when I brought it home. But, all that is in the past. It has actually overtaken the GDP and is a couple inches taller than the GDP. Just a couple day ago, it was the smallest of the three and was several inches shorter than the rest. Now, it's about a 1/4 inch from being at the screen level. I am really really excited by this new burst of growth.

LA_Kush_Catching_Up.jpg

OK,

Now for the really exciting (to me anyway) stuff. I figure I should check on the babies and look in on Mini Me. To my surprise, the roots tripled in length ..... in one day. After giving it alot of thought, I decided to transplant Mini Me into some dirt. I had to cut away the little tin foil sling I made and had one hell of a time trying to hold on to it since it was so small. So, I decided to just hold it by the worst looking leaf. If figured I wouldn't break anything important that way.

Mini_Me_Plant.jpg

I filled a 6"x6" pot with my growing soil and watered it well with some fish/kelp/guano tea and let it drain really well first. Then I stuck a stick into the dirt and made a hole for the roots to go. I gently laid it into the dirt and pushed the dirt very gently in towards the roots. Being very careful not to crush or pack down the dirt/roots.

New_Home6.jpg

Then, I had to take a little stick and pull some of the dirt away since it was all right up the stem all the way to the leaves. I wanted some free stem so it won't rot or anything. While doing this, I noticed that there was a new node with tiny little new growth sprouting out. You couldn't see it before because the tinfoil was in the way. But, once I got it potted, I saw them there. If you look at the very tip of the screw in the picture, you'll see the sprouts.

Mini_Me_New_Growth.jpg

I decided to put it into the baby box next to the bubble cloner. But, I decided not to put a hood over it since it hasn't had one on it this whole time and I figure the roots are big enough to do the job for it. Hopefully I don't kill it .... LOL.

Lovin_Life.jpg

Since I had to take the lid off the bubble cloner to get to Mini Me, I checked on the rest of the clones I took. The four on the right .... in the front row were the ones that I thought were going to die. Earlier in the week, I pinched off all the dead yellow leaves. I didn't expect much more from them and thought they would all yellow and die. But, today I noticed that they greened back up and were looking better. The leaves are actually perking up a little. The other day, on a whim I took about a shot glass worth of my kelp/fish/guano tea and poured it into the bubble cloner. Well, they all seemed to like it. Most of them all have tiny tiny little spikes showing that will soon be roots. I just couldn't be happier.

Growth_Burst.jpg

Hope everybody is enjoying the ride. Looks like the speed is picking up a little. Just think ..... only 50-70 more days till harvest .... LOL.

Back
Top Bottom