1st Time Grower! - Ghost Train Haze#1 - Tips & Advice Appreciated

NavyVetgrower

Hey everybody,

This will be some information on a previous grow that was done. It was a very uninformed grow, basically just learned as it went on. Supplies slowly purchased before started. Completed a while ago and haven't done anything since. Wanted to get some input before the next one, any tips of the trade.

So heres the rundown;

Tent- 4x2x4
Light-300w LED, Is that 150w actual? What does that mean?
Air Circulation- 4" can fan, One of those small desk fans, and a small circular fan with 3 settings(Low, Medium, High)
One of those CO2 bag things EZCo2 it was called.

Medium-Soil, roots organics, nothing added to soil.
Pot- 4 gallon
Clone or seed?- Seed, 2 Ghost Train Haze #1 from Rare Dankness
Nutrients; Mostly AN products, Tarantula, Voodoo Juice, B52, BioGrow, Big Bud, and Buddha Bloom from Aurora.
Water- Ice Mountain water Ph'd to 5.5-6.5

Thanks for any input!

So started by Germinating in the paper towel method, Tap Roots sprouted about 36 hours later and transferred to solo cups.

and two days later had a sprout.

Day_0:Sprout.jpg

One of the two was funky and ultimately died off, concentrate on the one that completed.

Watched from the beginning attentively.

1 week

Day_721.jpg

After about 9 days was transplanted to the 4 gallon pot with the roots organics soil.

Day_108.jpg

Continued to monitor and water according to instructions on the bottles, mainly used the BioGrow, Piranha and Tarantula by AN, and when soil in root area seemed dry.

After the 5th node (14 days) appeared the plant was topped.

Day_14:post_first_top.jpg

She responded to the topping just fine and new tops sprouted up fine. Here she is after 18 days

Day_1811.jpg

At 23 days plant was stressed to lower tops and open up the small canopy.

Day_23:first_Low_Stress_Train.jpg

25 days and did a 2nd top

Day_2510.jpg

Plant was beginning to show the sign of Nitrogen burn. Never really was able to resolve this issue. Plant just continued to show claws on the tips of the leaves. Never really showed sever burn, but again, never able to resolve the claw throughout the entire grow. Unsure as to why. Nutrients still continued to be given according to bottle instructions and water ph'd.

28 days did another stress training to open canopy and allow for greater light coverage.

Day_28:2nd_Low_Stress_Training.jpg

Primary plant was looking very healthy throughout vegetation. She really enjoyed the water and continued to just blow up. In a few weeks was going to switch to flower.

Day_354.jpg

Plant was bushy and not a whole lot of growth in the center after the main top. I am not sure why, maybe because of the topping or the stress training or even the nitrogen burn that was happening. but over all the plant appeared super healthy and strong.

35 days placed a little home made SCROG net

Day_35_post_scrog_placement.jpg
Day_369.jpg

Switched her to flower at about 42 days;

Day_404.jpg

After she switched she began to shoot up and i weaved the main colas accordingly and they took to it well. Center of the canopy still had a big hole for some odd reason. Attempted to train them to get light coverage throughout the plant and even in the middle where she seemed to have no extra growth from initial top.

Noticing flowers, glad she was female at this point
Day_617.jpg

From here on out fed accordingly with AN b52, big bud and buddha bloom.

Day_455.jpg

Day_553.jpg

Day_562.jpg

Day_572.jpg

Day_582.jpg

Day_591.jpg

Day_617.jpg

Day_621.jpg

Day_631.jpg

Day_641.jpg

Day_651.jpg

Day_663.jpg

Day_672.jpg

Day_70.jpg

Day_7110.jpg

Flowering was good, took her about 9-10 weeks if correct. She was flushed for the last week

IMG_225225.jpg

IMG_224730.jpg

Flower_Week_7.jpg

Day_762.jpg

Day_751.jpg

Day_751.jpg

Day_7110.jpg

Day_741.jpg

Overall it seemed like it could go for another two weeks maybe. Flowers seemed good when she was chopped down. Excitement probably made her come down a little premature. Buds were hung in the tent without lights on for 7 days and switched to jars. 65% humid packs were put in the jars and after a few days of burping they were takin out. Smelled like wet grass or hay. Read that that is either normal or bad. Unsure. Unfortunately no finished product photos. They came out kind of airy and small after about a 6 week cure. probably a 5/10 product once finished honestly. But first attempt.

Tasted good, completely blasted when it came to the high. Too much made you a little panicky

re: 1st Time Grower! Ghost Train Haze#1 - Tips & Advice Appreciated

It was done a while ago, just found a forum that was informative and had a good community, just looking for some advice before next one

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I would lower the scrog and start filling the scrog earlier net time. If a branch gets higher than a few inches in the scrog, pull that branch down out of the net and place it one square further out. the lower branches can then fill the unoccupied square you just emptied. Keep doing this until the scrog is 2/3 to 3/4 full then flip to flower.
When stringing the scrog, make the squares 2" by 2"

I was looking at the trichomes and it appeared "appeared". Cloudy with some Amber, again excitement probly lead to believe that. Measured the scrog to 3' or 2' inch squares, 3' probably

Thank you, held to a "higher" lol standard. Read a lot prior to starting but still felt like it was greatly lacking

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom