1st time grower in need of help

WAgrow

I'm growing 5 plants indoors. Using coco choir and CFL's for the time being. I may switch to a 250 watt hps light for flowering. The plants had been doin very well up until a few weeks ago, they began drooping and the bottom leaves have started to look almost white. These plants seem to be unusually small, now at 5 weeks old. I have one plant that is now just 2 weeks old that is already the biggest of the 5. I have not fed any of them nutrients yet, but just acquired some and plan to feed them with nutrients in the next feeding.

I figure the discoloration on the bottom set of leaves is from the plant pulling nutrients from those bottom leaves to the top/new growth. However all of the plants have been slightly drooping like that for the past 2 weeks. I don't water until the top inch of soil is dry so I don't believe its overwatering. I thought it was under watering, however the plants don't recover after watering.

my only thought if its not over or under watering making the plants droop, is that its from a nutrient deficiency

15052193_10153879583252212_1134323280_o.jpg
14975881_10153879582652212_335365181_o.jpg
14976011_10153879583042212_326250721_o.jpg

I am not a coco guy, so my advice requires you to do some more research. At 5 weeks those plants seem small. You have not used any nutes, just watering the coco? Coco isn't like soil, it doesn't have a lot of built in nutrients to feed those plants. If you were just straight watering them then I suspect your at deficiency stage because nothing is left to eat. I see both of those plants have those leaves yellowing. Now those are your second set of leaves which do fall off at some point. They are not the true fans. Are they yellowing early? I would say yes. Probably at the cannibalize state which means feeding time. Hard for me to pinpoint your droop. Is it over watering, under watering, dunno. I would give a dose of whatever nutes you are going to use with your next water.

Hopefully someone with more experience with coco can chime in to get you the proper advice. Im just kind of winging it here. I mean all of our plants will show signs no matter what medium your using. The signs for over watering and under watering will be the same. Signs of deficiency will be the same. Practice makes, uh, less mistakes, yeah yeah thats it!

I'm having same issues. I got coco from a general gardening shop cheap thinking it would be ok. Got yellow leaves tryed everything in the end flushed the coco the water came out brown and at 125k ppm flushed down to 300 ppm then fed with half neuts but it's not working I read there's alot of salt in cheaper blocks so gonna take the roots out wash them with ph water and repot in bio bizz see it that works

Sent from my SM-N910F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile189712989.jpg

Maybe same issue maybe not someone who knows a lot more may shed light on it lol

If you are growing in pure coco than there is no nutrients In there at all, but that better than overfeeding yes as you said you should give them a 1/4 strength nute feed and if you have some root accelerator I would give them a nutch of that as well but they look ok just start feeding with coco you should feed from the beginning very very light doses and up as you go but with cfls or 250 hps I would stick to half to 1/3 dosage suggested max. If need be you could add some cal mag later.
Coco is great I think it's hydro growth with soil ease but have to have a ph meter and a ppm meter. There is a maestro in here called cultivator he has even made a perfect feeding schedule for coco he is the best.
So good luck and good growing.

sent from the cave from my ismoke

And those rocks are unnecessary bro some perlite can be applied in the top to keep the fungus gnats from dropping eggs in the medium... just feed em what did you get for nutrients?

And for watering better to pick up your pots and see how heavy they feel make coco can handle watering well but let them get light so the roots reach out I will sit and watch them ladies grow. Cheers

And in the second picture I see some roots sticking out of the coco at the stem you wanna burry those with coco and water slowely to keep em covered

Just repotted them in bio bizz it has perlite in it already but I read the clay balls do the same but don't get disturbed as much. The roots were quite big considering the plant but some broke off so I'll have to see what happens. I put 3 bbxww in to germ just in case. What I ment about the salts is I read somewhere else that if the coco ain't pre washed it holds the sea salt from the sea

I potted down to 1st node aswell I only been using water ph down to 6 then 1/4 cal mag so maybe it's asking for a bit off canna a + b to be added

Bio bizz is soil than they should get some nutes there so a super light feed then hold off as soil should be full of nutes already

Ok with ph you should ph after adding your nutes and calmag the last thing is ph before you feed or water your plants, and for canna which kind do you have they have canna coco, canna soil, canna aqua,...

Seedling stage:

soiless: 80% organic seed starting mix and 20% perlite mix
lights: two 1,600 lumen / 23 watt, 6500K CFL's
grow space: 2.25 square feet
watering with tap water, 6.0 pH

Vegetative stage:
in the last week, I transferred the plants to a recommended coco blend. However the drooping began before the transplant.
Lights: four 1,600 lumen / 23 watt, 6500K CFL's
growstone gs-3 coco mix -- I read about people using this blend in multiple places. next imd around i think i'd try pro mix soiless blend. I agree, I don't like that it has the large rock like particles. they feel like large pieces of perlite. However I definitely preferred the small size of perlite.
Still using the 2.25 square foot grow area.

I have call mag plus, flora micro, flora grow, and flora bloom for nutrients

Yeah it should be fine budd, so when did you transplant.
Dont expect changes overnight, it takes awhile,so keep an eye and keep posting pic updates. The old leaves will probably not change much but after a couple of days to get over transplant shok and the new growth should look much better.
Patience is the name of the game, meanwhile you can cruise over the growjournal and do some reading you will be amazed by the amount of info on here, there is all styles of growing and master growers of almost every possible style, but eventually with enough knowledge you will develop what works for you best but it is better when you have some experienced advice...

Have fun ey:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom