1st time grower, long time smoker

Welcome! I'm east of you near Boston. I just put in a greenhouse last fall myself and am looking forward to this summers crop.

Do you have exhaust and intake fans for your tent? Are you planning to go all the way through flower indoors? The reason I ask is my indoor winter crop (first crop) finished mid June and I had to put in a portable ac, and I'm in a full basement that doesn't get too bad. The room that your tent is in, is it climate controlled?
Hi there Meffa.Yes My tent is in my bedroom about 4 ft away from my bed so Temprature hopefully isn't an issue.My plan is to just keep a meter in the tent and if it gets too muggy just crack a window..

Hi there Meffa.Yes My tent is in my bedroom about 4 ft away from my bed so Temprature hopefully isn't an issue.My plan is to just keep a meter in the tent and if it gets too muggy just crack a window..
Given the time of year, I would strongly recommend you get an exhaust fan if you're planning to take them through flower indoors. Humidity is a killer in the summer and adds to the chances of mold.

Given the time of year, I would strongly recommend you get an exhaust fan if you're planning to take them through flower indoors. Humidity is a killer in the summer and adds to the chances of mold.
I thought you meant outdoors wise.Yes inside I have the grow tent set up with carbon filter sucking out and 3 small fans moving air.also the room in the summer is usually 67 to 70

I thought you meant outdoors wise.Yes inside I have the grow tent set up with carbon filter sucking out and 3 small fans moving air.also the room in the summer is usually 67 to 70
I’m moving my tent into my bedroom this weekend . The attic porch room as I call it is just to damn hot . So I am moving to my bedroom . Hope this works out lol

I’m moving my tent into my bedroom this weekend . The attic porch room as I call it is just to damn hot . So I am moving to my bedroom . Hope this works out lol
Yea an attic can be a super hot and humid place.atleast mine is.Got my girls germinating as we speak.

20210325_143126.jpg

Hmmm....Here's a question.Stoningham Blend has perlite in it....should I add more? Top dress the seedlings?and would you recommend clay balls?
You can definitely add more perlite to CoM Stonington Blend. I used clay balls in my first grow only because I bought an auto watering system that came with them, but that didn't work out and my last few grows have been just soil and no issues.

You can definitely add more perlite to CoM Stonington Blend. I used clay balls in my first grow only because I bought an auto watering system that came with them, but that didn't work out and my last few grows have been just soil and no issues.
Thanks for that info @meffa .Just kinda eye it? I have an 8oz bag.Seeds are in water waiting to sink

Thanks for that info @meffa .Just kinda eye it? I have an 8oz bag.Seeds are in water waiting to sink
Yup I eyed it, but I'd say I probably added about 20%, so I think that's a 5:1, or maybe that's 4:1, but it seemed good considering it already has perlite in it. I love that soil and after using others you can just tell the difference. The look, the feel and of course the results are all good in my book.

Hey everyone.Hope your days good.question....I put the seeds in the peat dicsnthis am.covered with humidity dome and put thermo probe in .heating pad b is set for 73.How often would you give the girls a squirt or 2?[im not a poet.lol]

Hey everyone.Hope your days good.question....I put the seeds in the peat dicsnthis am.covered with humidity dome and put thermo probe in .heating pad b is set for 73.How often would you give the girls a squirt or 2?[im not a poet.lol]
Be very careful with your heating pad. You can turn that dome into an oven very easily kill everything. :Namaste:
I'm not 100% sure what a (dicsnthis) is but if its a peat puck?
Keep it moist but don't drench it.

Be very careful with your heating pad. You can turn that dome into an oven very easily kill everything. :Namaste:
I'm not 100% sure what a (dicsnthis) is but if its a peat puck?
Keep it moist but don't drench it.
Yes peat puck.think I should take it off?

Well...still underground.
I didn't have any success germinating in soil when I started out and switched to the paper towel method. It worked great and that's the only way I germinate now. I like it because you can see what's going on, and of course it works! When I use the paper towel I put that damp folded towel in a plastic bag that's left open for air. It helps keep moisture in. Actually I take a full sized freezer bag and cut it into four sections and use those.

I didn't have any success germinating in soil when I started out and switched to the paper towel method. It worked great and that's the only way I germinate now. I like it because you can see what's going on, and of course it works! When I use the paper towel I put that damp folded towel in a plastic back that's left open for air. It helps keep moisture in. Actually I take a full sized freezer bag and cut it into four sections and use those.
They popped this a.m But I hear ya..Less wonder.Was exciting opening the dome this a.m to see that.But I agree with the paper towel at least there's less to wonder.

20210403_081440.jpg

I notice my tent atm doesn't get any higher then 25% humidity.I do know when they are up potted to the 5gallon that the extra water will create humidity.For now whyll their small should I supplement some humidity.These are the smallest ones I could find.the text is 27x27x65
Screenshot_20210406-132306_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210406-132452_Chrome.jpg

I notice my tent atm doesn't get any higher then 25% humidity.I do know when they are up potted to the 5gallon that the extra water will create humidity.For now whyll their small should I supplement some humidity.These are the smallest ones I could find.the text is 27x27x65
Screenshot_20210406-132306_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210406-132452_Chrome.jpg
Buy a good one and get your rh up.
Bill

Hey everyone...A bit of a question.I am useing stoningham blend which says just add water for the first 30 days in 5gallon pot.Can I water with a 1/³ solution of megacrop?or should I wait until the 5 week are up and then start useing it?hope everyone is well.Btw I'm growing g.g. autos in a 27x27x65 sf-1000 @Cola Monster @Oldhippie59 @Bill284

Back
Top Bottom