1st Time Grower needs advice from the experts

Ezygee

Hi All,
Been here a while but this is my 1st post. I am currently on my first ever grow and must say that i love it already!!:grinjoint:

Anyway to the question-
I am growing a K2 cloned from a Mother. Hydroponic system (top feed) 600W HPS. I am just about to make the switch over from vegetative to flower and have been given advice from a commercial grower with many years experience, but i am unable to clarify the information as given. I was told to switch the light off totally for 3 days, before switching to 12/12. However, ive searched here and read several books, but have been unable to find any reference to this, other than a 30-36 hour dark period. Wondering if any of you 420ers have heard of this or used it successfully. Apparently the process will allow my cutie to stretch in search of light and cause the flowerering to start earlier and also produce larger buds. However, im worried that this will stress the plant and cause a hermie.

Thanks for a great site and im looking forward to being part of the community.
EzG

edit, the light has currently been out for approx 40+ hours

thanks for stopping by PitViper and thanks for the info. Do you find it helps in getting the ladies to flower/show sex a little earlier?. Does it help increase yield?

yes it does show sex maybe 2-3 days earlier, yield does not increase. the plant will stretch less and the stalk will be be thicker

Back
Top Bottom