1st time grower needs help

SkeeterGirl54

1st time grower. We are have a grow-cabinet Hydro system using 2 ea 90W LED, 1 plastic tub with 5 ea plants that are 2 wks old. Strains include Carmelious, Medijuana, and Super Nova. We are using 1 exhaust fan, 2 ea circulation fans, air pumps for oxidation and submergible pumps for water circulation. The plants leaves are turning yellow with green veins that eventually turn brown and dry, crumbling, leaf curl up. We have added a humidifier, raised the LED lights, increased the water level, turned off 1 of the circulation fans, and opened the cabinet door trying to raise the humidity level. We have recently turned on our AC and the thermostat is set at 70. The indoor temp of the cabinet has min/max of 62/93 and humidity min/max of 33/79 over the last few weeks. Our PPM is approx 330. pH = 6.5

pH 5.8 is optimal for hydroponic. With 6.5 it is giving the plants bunch of deficiencies that you are seeing. Also the temperature max at 93 may have dried out the edges of the leaves, and the rest suffers. Try to keep the temp 65-75F during the lights on. The high temp also forces the plant to use more water, resulting in using more nutrients faster then it can process which causes burn.

I'll lower my pH. Also I was doing 24/0 with my lights. It was suggested to go to 20/4 for the lights which I started last night. Is that right? My plants are about 3 weeks from seeds. I also opened my cabinet door slightly open so I can keep the cabinet temp lower. Right now my temp is 73.5 and the humitidy is 47%. As far as the water temp any suggestions or does it matter? I'll check back in a few days with an update. Thanks for the response, its very appreciated.

I'll lower my pH. Also I was doing 24/0 with my lights. It was suggested to go to 20/4 for the lights which I started last night. Is that right? My plants are about 3 weeks from seeds. I also opened my cabinet door slightly open so I can keep the cabinet temp lower. Right now my temp is 73.5 and the humitidy is 47%. As far as the water temp any suggestions or does it matter? I'll check back in a few days with an update. Thanks for the response, its very appreciated.

75 is optimal for atmospheric temperature and 65-68f for water temp. Any higher in water temp and you run the risk of root rot. Your RH is good and your air temp is fine.

Lighting is subjective. They will grow/veg fine under 24/0, 20/4, 18/6, 12on/5.5off/1on
For Flower 12/12

I just adjusted my pH. It sure doesn't take much of the pH down to lower it. Took a little play but I got it adjusted down. I'm going to let the water circulate and then test it again. This is all a learning experience for me, that’s for sure. I’ll have to get a water thermometer to get monitor my water temp. Thank you for the information.

I just adjusted my pH. It sure doesn't take much of the pH down to lower it. Took a little play but I got it adjusted down. I'm going to let the water circulate and then test it again. This is all a learning experience for me, that's for sure. I'll have to get a water thermometer to get monitor my water temp. Thank you for the information.

Keep an eye on your ph skeetergirl. I test mine once a day. It seems to be enough for me. Have fun.

Hello, I am a first timer also and I am using a set up like yours except I have a 1000wt, MH/HPS. all of the responses sounded good to me. I shot for a 5.5-5.9 ph range. Ihad a variety of problems but I do have buds and I am starting my flush. So one more week till I harvest. Being as diligent as you are you will make it to. I found that my ph easily got out of range so I checked it 2x a day and this worked a lot better for me and the plants. I also had my plants look like that when I made my nutes to strong. Had to flush and start a fresh tank of weaker nute solution. Hang in there it is well worth it. Good luck .:thumb:

Thank you, I appreciate your words of encouragement. I started a journal so I can track my daily progress. It's become a bit of a challenge and with all the help I am getting from this 420 blog I think I will make it. The support I am getting is great. Even if I have to start another grow hopefully I won't make the same mistakes again. Thank you again. It was nice to hear from another newbie.

:thumb::thumb:My pleasure, we all have to start some where and some time. I am going to try and start a journal and post some pics. I find my self constantly doing research but it seems to have payed off. I have started flushing and I have some buds. I have read many times that newbies often trash thier first grows, so I am happy. Hang in there it is a great feeling to to see your first frosty buds.

Back
Top Bottom