1st Time Grower, Not sure what to expect.

FuegoVerde

This is my first post, and not exactly sure what to make of everything. I began my own indoor/soil, closet grow on 10/03/2011. I'm in the Veg-Stage week 3 I guess 10/24/2011 ?? Not really sure since I got my 2 clones Master/Bubba from a dispensary, and i wanna say maybe they were 5 days old when i got them, not sure but they had a couple roots poking out of the bottom of the rockwool cubes when i got them so I'm going to assume that is how old they were.

Anyways, I am using a 400 watt Sun System2 W/M.H. bulb, on a 24hr. light schedule, the Ladies are resting in 3-gal round potting buckets filled with happy frog potting soil. Temps range from 76-81 F. & humidity ranges from 50-60%. not sure what else to say. Could use some feed back, not really sure what average weekly growth is supposed to be.

Heres a older pic: week 2 (bubba kush left/ master kush right)
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/DSC001735.JPG

Heres a recent pic: week 3 (Master kush left/ Bubba kush right)
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/DSC001788.JPG

Considering the size of those 2 larger ones, you could likely start 12/12 any time, but I'd give them a week or so of 18/6 first, just to ease them into a darkness schedule rather than going right from 24 hr of light to 12...

Remember that the longer you veg for, the bigger the plant and then higher the yield, but it will mean a longer grow time overall as well.

Re: 1st Time Grower Trying to ScrOG, Not sure what to expect.

Considering the size of those 2 larger ones, you could likely start 12/12 any time, but I'd give them a week or so of 18/6 first, just to ease them into a darkness schedule rather than going right from 24 hr of light to 12...

Remember that the longer you veg for, the bigger the plant and then higher the yield, but it will mean a longer grow time overall as well.

Yea, i realized that i could start 12/12 anytime here soon, and the transition to 18/6 before 12/12 makes logical sense. My thing is i want to ScrOG both plants, and figured this is going to add a couple weeks of Veg.

So what i should be asking myself now is when, how and how high to start building my screen, and how large should I make the square holes for my screen squares.

Cool - I just built myself a screen this past weekend. My Vanilla Kush is now happily spreading out on her new net!

30b26a6f.jpg

c599cc68.jpg

73953fad.jpg

:thumb:

I'm at just over 4 weeks of veg, but I started from seed... The growth-rate of these waterfarm units is insane! To the right (not in the above pics), I've got another waterfarm with an 'Ace of Spades' (TGA Subcool) growing in it under another 600w.

The bushiness is from the LST training that was applied before going under the screen.

'Deep and wide' ...is what I always say...lol...

Now answer me this, 4 weeks of Veg, meaning 4 weeks ago that little seed had just sprouted? and as for your waterfarm, like whats your weekly growth rate at ? and everything from ace of spades on down minus the 600w i didnt understand what the hell you meant, LOL, im new to this man, be gentle LOL. What did you mean ?

Lol..sorry man, sometimes I just get to rambling!

The seed sprouted in about 2 days and went into the waterfarm with about a 1 inch long tap-root. I gave her 24 hours of CFL lighting until it reached about 2 inches or more tall, then I set the veg light cycle (18/6) and officially started veg - that was just over 4 weeks ago. I consider veg to start when the seedling is strong enough for the HID light and the actual 'veg light cycle' starts.

Ace of Spaces is a new seed strain by TGA Subcool (see below link). It's in the same waterfarm setup as the VK.

Sub Cool Seeds

Weekly growth right now is about 4-5 inches/week I'd guess, but I've been bending her over and tieing down the tops (LST Training) so the plant spreads out wider before it's allowed to grow vertical.

I hope that makes more sense! =)

Back
Top Bottom