1st time grower - Please comment on setup

symmetry

This is my first time trying to grow any plants what-so-ever. I've done buckets of research but there is a lot of conflicting information. I have to the best of my ability setup a grow tent. I would appreciate any comments, tips, concerns.

Tent dimensions: 32x32x64 grow tent
Lighting: 2x "1500w" led glow lights, power draw from the wall is about 275w each
Vent: carbon filter + 190cfm inline fan w/ circulation fan

I have the tent in a utility closet inside a heated room with baseboard radiate heat as I live in a colder climate. Although I have kept the heat mostly off as tent temps seem to be high. Hot air is exhausted outside of the room. I cant seem to keep temps down and have considered pulling cold air in from the wintery outside to try and help. I have a AcuRite 00613 positioned about light level and it is constantly 77-82F with the fan blowing full tilt. I did have a short period where temps went 85+ and I did my best to fix the situation but they still remain higher then id like with the lights on.

Early on I noticed I had a humidity issue. I just put a humidifier in the tent to try and fix the issue. It is a electronically controlled humidifier I have set to 70%RH

Grow medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Nutes: Fox Farm Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom
Lighting schedule is 24/0

I have already run into issues as this is my first time planting. I did get some help and managed to save 2 of the over watered sproutlings and they were looking very healthy till recently. 2 of them did not make it from germination to sprout so I germed two more with help and they have sprouted.

4 different strains are being grown, all feminized auto flowering. Blue Kush, Northern Lights, Purple Mazar, and Onyx

PH is being read by both PH kit and electronic meter from bottled water

Today is the forth watering for the big girls, I watered them till run off went into the pan about 500ml each. They both received there first feeding about 2 days ago with the big bloom and grow big added.
The smaller sprouting has not received anything but water to date and today was the first time I felt comfortable soaking till water ran off.
The smallest seedling just gets a light watering every other day.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 76
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 72
Idk sounds like you're doing things right so far! As far as light schedule auto growers typically range between 18 and 24 hours of light. Everything else sounds great! Have you considered a grow journal?

Personally I tried 24 hour lighting. I noticed a significant difference when I tried 20/4. That's what I using since. They look healthy, nice job.

Back
Top Bottom