1st time grower weird leaf shapes?!

status

hey, im new here so first off, sorry if i post anything in the wrong forum. i recently started my first grow, i cant say what types of seeds i used as i got them from a bag of weed, however this is where it gets interesting, all 3 seeds i managed to germinate have started to grow as expected however, 2 of the plants leaves have started to grow in a weird shape (i will post pictures) i have 1 plant which got it first 2 leaves (the round ones) the other 2 multiple stems appeared. the 1st plant has grown into a more cannabis looking plant ( proper leaves, nodes etc) the other 2 however have started to mass produce stems, with weird round leaves that 1. look nothing like the first leaves that appear on a bud plant, and 2. they dont seem to be producing anymore nodes and rather than growing in height off a main stem they seem to be growing more steams. seeing as this is my first grow, i was curious as this is a common occurence, or do i have some kind of hybrid plant?

p.s at first i thought it could have been the plants was subject to a monster grow hence the heavy ammount of stems, but i dont think this is a the case.
- please note i have recently repotted the plants into some fresh soil, as i used some compost from out the back of my house to start them but soon found mould growing on the soil. i have since changed them to bio bizz soil mixture.
- i will upload pictures asap.

thanks for reading.

-status

Welcome to the forums. I'm kinda new myself. I'd suggest that without pictures it's hard to diagnose. I get weirdness when my plants are seedlings but once they get 4 -5 inches tall or several nodes they usually look just fine. It could just be bad genetics, with bagseed you always gamble in my opinion. Let it grow, see how it does is my mottto.

sorry for the long reply, i got caught up with work.. anyway i have pictures, my camera kept focusing on the leaf behind the actual weird stem.. also any suggests for the room, apart from the obvious of a fan.

6zkCQHy_1_.jpg

one is for sure. the thing that throws me is i got the seeds from inside the buds of weed. no i couldnt get the images to show, right click and open image in a new tab should work though.

i did use outside dirt, and ive since noticed that the place i got the soil from has since sprouted more shoots that resemble the little 2 leaves the plant first gets. no real change the one at the front left now has more leaves on the weird leafy stem. i watered them today so i i will be fertalizing them on sunday, ill post back next week with more images, also how so i get images to show up on this website?

i did use outside dirt, and ive since noticed that the place i got the soil from has since sprouted more shoots that resemble the little 2 leaves the plant first gets. no real change the one at the front left now has more leaves on the weird leafy stem. i watered them today so i i will be fertalizing them on sunday, ill post back next week with more images, also how so i get images to show up on this website?

I'm sure there is a howto around here somewhere but you need to upload your photos somewhere and when you type out your post in this box, there are some icon above for inserting images/photos/videos into your post, use those.

Lol. Weed seeds. Looks like one MJ plant back there... The others look like any of thousands of plants. But not some weird strain of weed. Just weeds. Generally bringing outside dirt inside is inviting disaster. Lots of various critters, but no real balanced food web. Mites, aphids etc (possibly) but little or no predation/ balance. You may end up battling various stages of weed seeds one after another. Oh yeah, or the Borg lol. Fungus gnats are fun.

yeah i ditched them and brought some semillas feminizadas, creme camaral flavoured. also using bio buzz fertilizer, and i repotted the one actual plant into bio buzz grow medium. i trimmed the other plant in the same pot as the actual plant as well. im looking to sex my first plant now though, and im unsure of when to top.. i have pictures of the plant i think its a female :) it has 2 little protruding pistels(?) not sure on the spelling.

anyway heres a picture of the first plant..

039E1Do.jpg

ZBulOQk.jpg

you can also see in the background my 2nd crop (the semillas feminizadas) the stem is stretching pretty bad which is weird considering its pretty close to the light.

xdxd Careful, sometimes you can have bad dreams and in those dreams are ball sacks! Where they go depend on the dreamee

ok nm me.. I like the one in the last picture

What are you using for a light? Looks like I would pinch the tops to slow down the growth and if possible get the light closer or more of it. Do you have a fan running to help stregthen the plants. Just a few questions from a noob

i brought a vivarium for my tarantula, and it came with a light fitting with a built in reflective strip, and the lamp is just a standard energy saving 60w bulb. i dont have a fan i would suggest getting one as your stems will be very weak, a computer fan is what im looking at getting.

plants are coming along nicely now, all 3 of the 2nd crop have got 4 spiky leaves already i'll upload pictures when possible.

Back
Top Bottom