IMG_458210.JPG

First cut!

IMG_46499.JPG
IMG_464613.JPG
IMG_464511.JPG
IMG_46499.JPG

Hey snarly I'm on day 4 of drying and the buds are feeling a little crispy is this normal? The stems still are bending not snapping. My temp is between 68-70 and humidity has been between 50-55

Hey snarly I'm on day 4 of drying and the buds are feeling a little crispy is this normal? The stems still are bending not snapping. My temp is between 68-70 and humidity has been between 50-55
That's because they are drying from the outside in. If you think they are drying a bit too fast, you can turn down or turn off any fans you may have blowing over them.
Once you start to cure in jars, they dry out more evenly. The jars allows the moisture to be released from inside the bud so the whole bud finishes drying and curing at the same rate.
You are probably ok the way things are. I wouldn't be worrying too much :high-five:

That's because they are drying from the outside in. If you think they are drying a bit too fast, you can turn down or turn off any fans you may have blowing over them.
Once you start to cure in jars, they dry out more evenly. The jars allows the moisture to be released from inside the bud so the whole bud finishes drying and curing at the same rate.
You are probably ok the way things are. I wouldn't be worrying too much :high-five:

Hitting me with some knowledge! I appreciate it brotha! I didn't know that's the way the dry. I'll leave it as is the fan I have isn't very big and it's o. The lowest setting.

Hitting me with some knowledge! I appreciate it brotha! I didn't know that's the way the dry. I'll leave it as is the fan I have isn't very big and it's o. The lowest setting.
Give it a couple days and then jar them. Helps if you use Boveda 62 packs in the jars as well ;)

62 is what I'm going for but what's a good humidity level to burp at?
The closer to 62% the better. The Boveda will adjust up or down to keep them at 62. If your stems almost crack when you bend them, you are probably close enough. Just keep an eye on the jars and burp often to release any excess humidity. When I burp I usually move the buds around a bit in the jar, and fan the opening with a piece of cardboard just to get the air to move. If you can find a hygrometer to fit in the jars that will let you know what rh you are at.

IMG_285113.JPG

The closer to 62% the better. The Boveda will adjust up or down to keep them at 62. If your stems almost crack when you bend them, you are probably close enough. Just keep an eye on the jars and burp often to release any excess humidity. When I burp I usually move the buds around a bit in the jar, and fan the opening with a piece of cardboard just to get the air to move. If you can find a hygrometer to fit in the jars that will let you know what rh you are at.

IMG_285113.JPG

Sweet thanks man you've been extremely helpful throughout this whole process!

Sweet thanks man you've been extremely helpful throughout this whole process!
My pleasure man. I've had a lot of help from the good folks here, so it's more of a total group effort :)

Looking fine. Nice bud. Just remember to burp those jars to release the built up humidity. At the start of the cure, I burp whenever I think about it. At least 4 or 5 times a day. I only burp for up to 10 minutes, but I fan the top of the open jar with a piece of cardboard or whatever is handy, to circulate and exchange the air in the jar. After a few days, you can burp less often, but keep an eye out for moisture on the jar. I also put Boveda 62 packs in the jars. If you can find a small hygrometer, it doesn't hurt to have that in the jar as well to see what the rh is.
Once the bud settles at 62% rh, you don't need to burp very often. :thumb:

Looking fine. Nice bud. Just remember to burp those jars to release the built up humidity. At the start of the cure, I burp whenever I think about it. At least 4 or 5 times a day. I only burp for up to 10 minutes, but I fan the top of the open jar with a piece of cardboard or whatever is handy, to circulate and exchange the air in the jar. After a few days, you can burp less often, but keep an eye out for moisture on the jar. I also put Boveda 62 packs in the jars. If you can find a small hygrometer, it doesn't hurt to have that in the jar as well to see what the rh is.

420-magazine-mobile227056830.jpg
420-magazine-mobile116600201.jpg

Second grow!

hey snarly this is my second grow. I'm day 4 into the cure. My buds don't really smell like bud and the taste is funny. There isn't any signs of mold. What could it be?
420-magazine-mobile1124754546.jpg

Back
Top Bottom