Moeyy

420 Member
Hey guys
New user here
Wasssup
So ive been following these threads for advice for a while now..finally signed up..

Ive got my 1st home grown outdoor sativa and need some advice and tips

Will post pics below of the sativa
Its most likely a swazi strain (im based in South Africa )
Planted it in mid november 2017
Gets roughly 5-7 hours of sunlight though
-how far am i from a decent harvest?
-how to tell when the ideal time for harvest is?

Also,would anyone be able to help me identify these seedlings-imhoping for indicas but yeah-please let me know what u guys think they are

Welcome @Moeyy. You should be well into flower already or starting to flower? I'm in CT & love growing outdoors.

Best bit of advice would be to get a jewelers loupe & check the trichomes for the effect you want. I go for full milky, with a few amber.

Thanks for jumping in JZ. How’s the water situation in CT? Any improvement?

Ian

Thanks for jumping in JZ. How's the water situation in CT? Any improvement?

Ian
Not really, still major water restrictions. My taps are empty for a few hours every evening started Tuesday. At least some farms have started donating water... should be enough for an extra 20 days. We definitely need rain with day zero fast approaching. :( I'm just hoping to make it through this grow, then I can relax & plan out an autopot system.

Good luck! I guess you can use light use recirc water for the plants if have to to get them there. Just so you know, some of us in the ROW are sending good wishes (and hopefully rain clouds) your way.

Ian

Welcome Moeyy :welcome:

You will find a number of other SA growers wandering around here . . .

The ideal harvest time is when the trichomes are cloudy & roughly 50 - 75% turning amber for many growers. For quick questions. see:

Forum > THE GROW ROOM > Frequently Asked Questions > Ask Us Anything - Sharing Knowledge 420Style

Ian

Ive been trying to find a way to upload the pictures of the plant but i cant seem to figure it out

Really enjoyed watching it grow
Seeing such great trichomes forming on it,hella exciting, might be better than some of the stuff ive bought locally..well i hope

Ive noticed it is starting to get a bit darker quickly..the white tips..any tips on how to upload then we can take it from there?

Finding it hard to identify the ideal time to harvest

Hi Moeyy, another Cape townian her....Jimmy you get around my man lol. Moeyy are u using the internet site or mobile app? I haven't been able to upload any photos for the last 4 days ( haven't tried today), the problem is with the mobile app only so if you use the phone browser or PC that will work. Not sure if/when it will be fixed...Ian??...anyway brother another way is that 80 % of the white hairs should be brown/red and curled in. The curling is important

Hey guys
New user here
Wasssup
So ive been following these threads for advice for a while now..finally signed up..

Ive got my 1st home grown outdoor sativa and need some advice and tips

Will post pics below of the sativa
Its most likely a swazi strain (im based in South Africa )
Planted it in mid november 2017
Gets roughly 5-7 hours of sunlight though
-how far am i from a decent harvest?
-how to tell when the ideal time for harvest is?

Also,would anyone be able to help me identify these seedlings-imhoping for indicas but yeah-please let me know what u guys think they are

Hey Moeyy! Welcome to the family so to speak. Are you able to setup a grow journal? Its a good quick easy way to get many people giving solid advice so you can grow with some of the best growers giving great advice. I had trouble finding a way to upload pics when I started out. Click HERE to upload pics to your gallery. Good Luck!

Hey all . . . yes, picture upload from phones is still giving us problems. Here is the latest fix:

- You can use Google Chrome (our recommended browser) from your smartphone/mobile device, the web view option

- You can use a laptop or a PC as well

All these options allow photo uploads. We are continuing to work on the fix for the app and appreciate your patience

Here is a direct link to the web gallery: Web Gallery to help you upload from your phones.

--

The reason for the problem is the complete site upgrade that we are in the middle of. the Homepage is done & now they are working on the forum & image upload (our interface strips exif data to keep pictures secure).

Ian

20180207_102255.jpg
20180207_102255.jpg
20180207_102043.jpg
20180207_102255.jpg
20180207_102043.jpg
20180207_102026.jpg
20180205_123640.jpg
20180205_123706.jpg
20180205_124308.jpg

Apologies for the duplicates

Thanks for all the replies guys

So like a few more weeks or so on this one right?
I noticed the browning has begun, id say about 15 to 20%

The seedlings could indeed be of indica trait, however the plant itself could be a hybrid and later in it cycle start shows signs of sativa. Only time will tell man.

I agree. Those leaves look like an Indica or a hybrid.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom