1st Time Grower

Week 3 of flower update
Not a lot to talk about about, I added the plant elevator and a couple of ink bird temp/ humidity controllers. My temp has been steady at 76 with a RH of 50%

A8F697C8-65F6-4308-B750-C733D779A857.jpeg

Hey everyone I’m in the 6th week of flower and I’m seeing brunt tips and spots

The only change I have made is I added some organic gem liquid fish 2.9-3.5- 0.3 plant food

Any help would be appreciated

7DE29B26-F761-4365-B6D0-133663A076E5.jpeg

85969C34-0B43-4C9D-B595-EBB8F93D9176.jpeg

430C7983-9DDE-4010-B718-B7FEAEA1211B.jpeg
Hey @E0325 hope you are well my friend.
I apologize I can't remember, what are you growing in?
What else are you feeding and when?
She is starving instead of swelling. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

Hey Bill

I’m growing Build a soil 3.0 soil 20 gallon pot. I had a cover crop and straw layer, a week be I flipped to flower I added BAS craft blend and ground up gnarly barley with a layer of compost.

So what I’m seeing is a lack of food?

Hey Bill

I’m growing Build a soil 3.0 soil 20 gallon pot. I had a cover crop and straw layer, a week be I flipped to flower I added BAS craft blend and ground up gnarly barley with a layer of compost.

So what I’m seeing is a lack of food?
Good morning @e03She isn't uptaking enough food/nutrients from the soil.
Your craft blend in your did you let it sit and cook for 3 months prior to planting.
They may not be available to the plant yet.
I recommend you get some nutrients asap and feed her Pronto.
@GeoFlora Nutrients would be perfect.
What nutrients do you have available where you are?

Stay safe
Bill

A 20 gallon pot of BAS 3.0 with a top dress at beginning of flower should pretty much last from seed to harvest depending on how long you veg and how large the plant gets.

Sometimes you can push the plant beyond what plant available nutrients can feed.
Maybe a bit too much light.
If you're pushing more than 900 PPFD then sometimes the soil can't keep up unless its totally dialed in and that will show as a nutrient deficiency.
You have red stems, pale leaves, brown spots which could be phosphorus not available.

Did you use any Biophos at start of flower 6 weeks ago?
Biophos will add microbes that mobilize phosphorus.
Add the Bio-Catalyst Elixir to speed it up.
Also are you keeping the soil moist, as in watered everyday?
Whats the temp of the water?
I get my water from an outside hose with a large filter attached, this time of year the temp is like 45⁰
So I take half the water and heat on stove to 88⁰ this brings the temp to 70⁰ for the overall bucket.
Then I take the 70⁰ water and super oxygenate it so there's plenty of dissolved oxygen in the water.
This keeps the microbe herd happy and functioning properly.
Also if you have the humidity too dry before flowering starts that can cause the plant to uptake more available nutrients than the microbes can supply
They don't like dry soil, or cold especially if your soil is below 60⁰

At 6 weeks I would think the buds would be a bit further along with red hairs and fattening unless you're growing a sativa.

Thanks for the help guys

I have been looking into both the Geo Floria and mega crop.

I didn’t use the biophos, I only the root wise and the bio catalyst.

I don’t water everyday, normally I let it somewhat dry but she has never dropped. I normally water 1 gallon every 2nd day.

Water temp is something I never thought about, my water is coming form the wash tub in the basement and it is cold. I’m definitely going to warm it up.

In panic move last night I added another layer of top dressing, just in case I went to light the first time. I checked the light with my par meter and at the highest tops I’m a bit over 1000 every where else is between 600 at the lowest points and in the middle it’s between 800 and 900.

According to 420 website my plant is
Plant type55% Indica 45% Sativa

If I’m looking at a phosphate deficit, is there a product you recommend?
I live in Michigan and there are plenty of hydro stores around.

I have a cooler in my grow room that I have water in several different size bottles. I fill them and let them sit at least a day so they warm and vent off chlorine. Only use faucet city water immediately when I need to fill the wash pan with round humidifier filter to humidify the tent.

I just hit the 9 week mark since I flipped to flower. I started adding Mega Crop around the beginning of February, so far I’m seeing color return to my leaves and some bud development. I’m not sure what the effects of letting her go hungry are but I’m just going to ride it out and see what happens

49234F57-20A9-4A20-A5DE-420A52772EA3.jpeg
9DB610B5-EBE0-439A-A482-D76B4AEA260E.jpeg
BFE0BFD4-959D-42F6-9AB4-258E1F7C8ED5.jpeg
4BCAC8E7-56AA-495C-B4B8-CE923F5014B0.jpeg
Hey @E0325 Hope you are well my friend.
Why would you let her go hungry at her most important time? :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

I don’t know, 1st time grower. I watched a bunch of YouTube series about growing in living organic soil. I thought based on the Soil I bought, cover crop, and top dressings it would have enough nutrients to power through.

I know better for the next grow

Thanks for the help Bill
I apologize my friend. :Namaste: I didn't realize it was Los.
They do look hungry though.
Your call.
A little boost wouldn't hurt.
Do you have any tea's?

Stay safe
Bill

@E0325 she looks like she is building good now I agree let her go and see what happens.

So I’m in week 11 of flower and starting to see some hairs turn orange. Hopefully she will be done soon

55ADBBD4-71CB-4D98-B7EA-00D81CAB0283.jpeg
0AD6493C-5EDF-43A7-9340-CCDE4BE207A5.jpeg
F1C48366-11A3-4F2D-BD42-157B92127086.jpeg
4246ACDC-E988-42D7-A27E-050767C821ED.jpeg
Beautiful lady my friend. :thumb: She is an absolute beast.
Excellent work @E0325
Another month will be a tough wait at this point, but going to be well worth it. ;) Keep up the good work

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom