420 Magazine Background

1st time growing lighting question

420truckin

Hey all, im in the process of getting my cabinet built, all i got left on it is to finish up the doors, get the airflow addressed, and the lighting... Now i dont have a ton of money to get a air cooled HID setup yet, so my question is, Would i be able to have decent success running a 4ft x 6 bulb T5 light? Was looking at the quantum badboy or something similar. I also have 4 light fixtures wired into the sides and back wall of the cabinet in which i will be placing "Y" splitters on them and running CFLs as well as the T5s. The main reason im looking into a 6 bulb, is because a 8 bulb is just a tad bit too wide for my cabinet. The ID is 23" D x 60" W x 54" H. Going to try 4 to 5 plants in it. Do you think that would be sufficient lighting for that size cabinet? Also i will be able to raise and lower the light if need be.

nick88

That should be plenty of light. Just keep your canopy as even as possible. I,ve grown 7fters with a 6 bulb t5 and cfl,s for side lighting.

420truckin

Thanks man, you have some bomb looking buds from t5s!! Thanks for helping me make my decision!!

420truckin

Just ordered the Quantum t5 4foot 6 light setup. Ill try getting some pics up of my cabinet maybe tonight.

Top Bottom