1st time growing lighting question

420truckin

Hey all, im in the process of getting my cabinet built, all i got left on it is to finish up the doors, get the airflow addressed, and the lighting... Now i dont have a ton of money to get a air cooled HID setup yet, so my question is, Would i be able to have decent success running a 4ft x 6 bulb T5 light? Was looking at the quantum badboy or something similar. I also have 4 light fixtures wired into the sides and back wall of the cabinet in which i will be placing "Y" splitters on them and running CFLs as well as the T5s. The main reason im looking into a 6 bulb, is because a 8 bulb is just a tad bit too wide for my cabinet. The ID is 23" D x 60" W x 54" H. Going to try 4 to 5 plants in it. Do you think that would be sufficient lighting for that size cabinet? Also i will be able to raise and lower the light if need be.

That should be plenty of light. Just keep your canopy as even as possible. I,ve grown 7fters with a 6 bulb t5 and cfl,s for side lighting.

Thanks man, you have some bomb looking buds from t5s!! Thanks for helping me make my decision!!

Just ordered the Quantum t5 4foot 6 light setup. Ill try getting some pics up of my cabinet maybe tonight.

Back
Top Bottom