1st Time Lazy Grow!

Indica's tend to have wider leaves on the plants vs sativas. I believe the FAQ's might have a picture comparison thread. Indica's also don't take as long to mature in flowering. 8 weeks vs 12 for sativas.

I have a lot of pics on my Journal thread, also I have a gallery here, link is in my siggy... My 10x scope doesn't cut it, so I am going to say you need something more powerful. Can you crop and zoom your pics so you can see trichs with it?

Hey dreams, just looked at your grow journal, realised I had already looked, replied but forgot to add you to my subscribed threads!! Will have a closer look!!

Hello everyone, I will be 6 weeks in flower on Sunday. I could do with any help or advice anyone can give :ganjamon:

Please can any of you seasoned growers can offer advice on the following I would be very much appreciated;

I have 5 plants growing in a small space (approx 1.2m sq) 1 plant has been pulled across from the back right to the front left so has sort of inter-twined with 2 others. It looks v difficult to pull the plants out of the cupboard - how do I check the trichs on all the plants without disturbing them too much??? Is the best way to just cut a leaf off every so often up the stem on each plant to get a good idea?? What do I do if the top half is ripe and the bottom isn't? Can I cut the top off the plant and dry that whilst the bottom half ripens? If the trichs are good to go on the leaves does that mean the buds attatched will automatically be ready too?

Thanks again for looking and any help / advice much appreciated :yahoo:

I am in my 7th week, wahoo!!! :cheer: I will get some pics up tonight hopefully! Man do my ladies stink!!! Going to O-D on Ona Gel when I get home!!

They are looking soooo fat, some of the colas are bending under the sheer weight, how cool!!

Do I just let them keep bending over or should I fix them??

A lot of the plants are having their leaves die off - is this because I am close or down to a mixture of my inability to feed them properly and the miracle grow compost? Will the yellow/curling/illuminous green leaves affect my crop too much??

Also was on 420uk last night....Anyone heard of this - best way to test your plant with no cooking involved - roll a joinmt or fag and rub on the plant you want to test. Get some of its oils on the rizla - tried this with a white widow last night :) wow what can I say, I was proper cooked!! Can't wait for the real thing!! Anyone heard of this or tried it??

Thanks again. Please comment as am really interested to hear what people think of my babies and issues.

:smokin:

Hi jamesvr6 !!
Nice plants dude .
As i said in my thread ,im a bit of a noob . But with regards to your yellowing , brown leaves , i would cut them off !! leaving about an inch of the stem (they will heal better ). I have done this with mine . I have heard this happens as the plants divert all they energy to bud growth .Just dont remove healthy fan leaves as this will slow down growth !
Also try to bend the big fan leaves down as much as possible to expose the lower buds to the light as this really helps with there development .

We seem to be at the same stage of flowering as each other . My buds are becoming very heavy too and the bottom buds are starting to bend over a lot, i have been propping them up with sticks in the soil with little Vs at the top to hold the branches.

How do you get your photos all to show up on your thread ???
Only one photo shows up on my thread ?? The rest i have to click on .....very strange !

Cheers metro :cool: To get all the pics, just repeat the process for the 1st pic. follow the phto upload section VERY closely - it did take me a few goes!!

Im going to get my magnifyer tomorrow !
A friend of mine came round yesterday who is a bit of a expert in weed and said my plant is ready to flush , i will do this for 2 weeks . But im not sure if a can wait that long !!! lol .
Maybe a week and a half !

I would say your grow is going awesome. If you don't mind how much light are you giving? Is it 24 or 18/6 12/12. This form is awesome I'm new and would love to see my girls look like yours. I also think that your pictures are very clear and enjoyable to view.

hey bud, so far awesome looking journal!

as far as checking the crystals/trichs, i prefer a 30x-100x zoom pocket microscope from a place like radio shack (cost $10 - $12). also, because you want a flat surface, i suggest cutting off a single tiny leaf blade that grows or protrudes out from the buds, as opposed to cutting off buds, or fan leaves.

As far as the top maturing before the bottom, feel free to harvest all the mature parts and to leave the rest of the plant alive, and in the 12/12 light cycle. After harvesting the top branches you will be allowing more light to hit the middle and bottom branches. So the short answer is, Yes. You can harvest the top, dry it while the bottom continues to mature under the newly more available light.

Do not just let the weight of the buds bend your branches. Eventually the weight of the buds will BREAK the branch is it gets heavy enough. if possible, get some string and tie the branch up to something so that the weight isn't an issue, or i guarantee that you will be crying when that fatty snaps your branch. If theres nothing to tie the branch to, then tie the string(not tightly) around the branch, and tape the other end of the string to the cupboard wall, as long as the branches aren't being weight down. (i don't remember if u mentioned u had this or not but,) you should get a fan to lightly blow on the leaves if you do not have one already. the gentle breeze from the fan is enough to increase the strength of the stems.

if you have leaves that are giving you issues, wait until at least 51% (more than half) of the leaf has been afflicted by the issue. remember, leaves absorb light for the plant to later convert into useful stuff for the plant, so you need the leaves. After a leaf has been 51% afflicted, you should remove it, MAKE SURE that when u remove a dead/dying leaf, that you remove the stem too, all the way to the base of the plant. leaving part of the old stem will cause that part die anyway, but it will also invite things like infection, pests/bugs, and mold/fungus. Always make clean cuts.

stop rubbing things on your plant! i know that it's hard to just sit there and watch, trust me i do. but every time you touch your plant, or rub things on your plant, and you get that sticky residue on your rizla, well, what you are actually doing is rupturing the trich (gland) heads, and effectively lowering the quality of the meds that you are growing. Those trich/gland heads are what contains the psychoactive component that we call THC, be extremely gentle to those glands, as they are the whole reason you're doing this.

Have fun and Good Luck!
:hookah:

Wow, just made my third page!! :popcorn:

Hey cheers Phil, I appreciate you taking time out to make some valuable points - will stop rubbing the plants, its just soooo appealing :blunt: I have the branches all tied, it was only when I bought them outside to try and flush 2 of them.

Ok, so today is day 1 of week 8 in flower :cheer: Took them outside the other day to try and start flushing. I am only able to do 2 as the other 3 are all inter-twined. Here are some pics;

DSC004231.jpg

DSC004212.jpg

DSC004222.jpg

check out the bend, had to tie this one back!!

DSC004294.jpg

nice fat stalk;

DSC004283.jpg

DSC004263.jpg

DSC004242.jpg

Thats it for now, thanks for looking!!

By the way white widow / northern lights, 8 weeks or 10??

:cool:

Phil, have to take the ladies outside as there is no room in my 1msq area to be able to flush them through, lift them and empty the run off from the dish they sit in. I can't move the ones at the back so I will just use water only now and hope they will be ok.

When I flushed the first 2, it seemed to make sense to bring them outside and let the excess water just run off - can't really do this in my lounge, the caroet may stain lol

Thanks for looking in!

very cool, i always worry someone would see me and get squirrely ideas in their heads.

and i dunno if it would help, but you could get a plastic storage bin from like wal-mart for a few dollars, and set each lady's plant holder inside that container. but yea, do whatever is safest and easiest for you!

so moving on to the fun part.... you thinking 2-3 weeks? :cheer:

thanks phil, i like the idea re the storage bags, may use that next time as i was a little concerned bringing them outside!!

Not sure on time....had a good look last night and the front 2 defo have 20% or so amber trichs, so maybe 1 or 2 weeks for these babies. Maybe you or any other pro can help here - look at the pic of the fat stalk and the pic of the plant i had to tie back just above it....what is this, northern lights or white widow??? The leaves look a lot darker and smaller then the other plant which is either northern lights or white widow - the 2 seeds i grew. As this plant looks ages away, not much crystals on top and still v v white hairs. I'm thinking white widow as I think this is a flowering time of 8 weeks?

So exciting :cheer: :grinjoint:

if there is a plant taking longer what will happen to the others if they are allowed to over ripen as such?? Anyone?

Stronger?

im not 100% on this, and hopefully someone more expert on the situation can chime in if i am wrong on this, but i'm pretty certain that the WW is more indica dominant then the NL is, so based on that i'd assume that the lady with the fatter/wider leaf blades is the WW.

some will ripen before others, you should really try to harvest them as they ripen. letting some go over due could effect the taste and potency of the finished product.

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom