1st Time Lazy Grow!

Thanks for that. Is that the caase then if you leave them too long they will reduce in pottency? I need to leave them as long as possible to allow the ww to catch up; a) they are all intertwined, b) my grow room is also my dry room so have no where to put them....... Hmmmmm :reading420magazine:

well fellow 420ers.....on sunday my ladies would have been flowering officially for 8 weeks :cheer: I have been looking v closely this week at the trichs by cutting a few small bud leaves off and looking under a 100x and also a 400x microscope and I think I am pretty much there on cloudy trichs, there is probably 20% or so of amber trichs across each test area. The plant I think is white widow has v cloudy trichs but there appears to be hardly any dusting of crystals like the northern light plants on top of the buds / bud leaves....Do you think this is normal or just still a little early?

It looks like the ww will need to be left longer than the nl in which case I am struggling for drying space...Do you think I will be ok to hang them in tall boxes with holes punched out of it with a fan ocsilating next to it??

Will try to get some more pics up at the weekend. Any thoughts or suggestions always welcome / appreciated :cool:

Hey thanks langa, cut off a couple of buds and hope to try to dry over the next few days....I'll let you know how it goes. Checking on the microscope tonight and the ww still a little while away, the nl should be v v v v v v soon!!! :yahoo:

wtf??? been gradually cutting come branches and colas off 2 of my plants over the last 2 /3 days and just noticed one of them has seeded itself.....How the hell can this happen, anyone??

Will this have effected the other plants? I can't seem to see any other seeds anywhere. Shall i move it out of the room? I have checked the stuff i cut off for drying and all but the cola have seeded...from what i can see without ripping it apart. why would the cola not have seeded?? so gutted.....

If i pick out the seeds can i still smoke it? It smells lush. What else can be done with a seeded plant?

so annoyed can't believe this has happened....

Im not expert on the matter bud id say take out the seeds, smoke it and see what happens! Grow looks really good man, can only hope my first one turns out as good as that. how much roughly were you yeilding from one indoor plant?

Cheers :thumb:

So gutted this has happened, really strange. Now I have calmed down a little i have been able to asses what has happened....

at least 2 plants have gone hermie out of the original 5. This is due to;

1) When I drilled the 5" hole in the wall for the extractor fan I turned the lights off - at the time I thought the fact the cupboard door was open and it was daylight i would have been ok.
2) To protect the plants from the dust using the diamond core cutter I put a sheet over them.
3) Maybe there is a crack of light coming in from somewhere after the hole was drilled.

1 Plant looks like it has seeded itself completely. This I will just pick out the seeds and smoke as it was my favourite during the whole grow and smelt lovely!

The 2nd plant looks like it has seeded half of itself - is this normal?

3rd plant looks like i have harvested early and only part seeded - it looks like there are some seed pods but they are empty. some seed pods look like they have the very early growth seeds?? Again this is my first time so any advice or experience much appreciated.

Plant 4 looks great with no sign of seeds at all, so far. - Did not want to pull it apart too much during harvest but had a good rummage. - Again there were what looked like mini seed pods but empty, maybe i go seed pods on the brain i just don't know!!

Plant 5 i think is the white widow - this still looks like a week or so away so i will just keep my eye on her.

So harvested 4 plants now for the first time ever - my what a sticky business!! I read a post the other day on the best cutting gear and I must so the best thing i found was an old pair of sharp bonzai sheering scissors. Afterwards, scrapped the scissors and fingers with a razor blade and made up quite a nice ball of hash!! Bonus!!

So all plants now cut and are being hung. Have seperated fan leaves, stalks and trim leaves for later hash making. Popcorn buds just on newspaper and the buds on thread (my girlfriend painstakingly neddle and threaded nearly every stem, true love!!) and some pegged to a rope line in my loft. I was meant to use the grow room for drying but proved impossible as I started harvesting last wednesday.

The problem with my loft is they are drying too quick...what can i do?? It is too earm up there, i have a fan blowing but it is v humid too. I can get any dehumidifyers or anything. I'm thinking i can just cure them earlier and transfer them straight to glass jars to cure for a good few weeks? I think they will be done inside a week in the loft - again any ideas?

So some pics of my harvest of 4 plants;

DSC004432.jpg

DSC004421.jpg

DSC00441.jpg

DSC004402.jpg

so not too bad, still a little annoyed about the hermie but you live and learn and this was my first time.

On a plus note.....Any of you regular viewers remember the windo will plants?? Well they were all pushed outside.....1 had its main stem snap due to wind and my lazyness. That one i bought back inside and it now has 3 really strong branches coming off the snapped stem and is looking really good.

1 died for some reason. It was looking droopy, fed it, it perked up, watered it a little more and then it just shriveled up and died!! The remaining 3 are looking awesome!! I will leave them till the end of the uk summer and then bring them in for flowering in time for a nice christmas harvest!!

I hope you enjoy the update and once again, please any help, advice or suggestions always welcome!!

Oh and before anyone asks...I have no idea on weight. I read so many people crying after seeing their mountain of oz's dry up to an eighth!! So I thought I would not weigh until dried and cured! :yummy:

Good man looks really good at the mo. I'm really concerned about harvesting for the first time I have no idea what to do, how long to take etc. Luckily I only have one plant so that should make thing a little easier. It's just the fact that I've waited so long for just one plant I don't really want to ruin the bud with a crap harvest. I suppose I should get reading I suppose!

I'm currently growing in the loft and was wondering if I should dry in there but I may just use the spare room instead after your experience.

The British summer has been really windy, especially a couple of weeks ago, i was quite concerned about mine as it started outside but the main stem is quite think now so it may have done it quite good.

Anyway. Bud looks good sir. I don't think the seeds should worry you too much, just smoke it and enjoy your hard labour!:lot-o-toke:

hay man looking good excellent effort!nice harvest too, torque regarding harvest you should get a pocket scope so you can see the trichs clearly, if you harvest while they are cloudy that will give you more of a heady high amber trichs couchlock so most go for 50/50, seriously a scope is worth getting i got mine on ebay for about a tenner

cheers people!! Torque, get a pocket scope from maplin - £7 100x. Or do what I did, buy that and get an "eyeclops" - £25 on ebay cut a leaf off and you can have 400x direct onto the tv, looks awesome, always a friend pleaser!! Also drying in the loft will be fine thats wwhere mine are at present - the growing issue was in my cupboard.

Thanks langa, much appreciated. Had a little j tonight and i must say its some pretty potent stuff!!

Enjoy :lot-o-toke:

quick update..... I am now the proud owner of a bubble box!!!!

I have brown bagged some of the bud that was nearly dry. The rest is still hanging and drying. All my kiln jars arrived the other day so in a few days will be transferring to them in the next week or so. The last plant was cut down last monday and again that is drying.

Some of the popcorn bud that has been drying for just over 3 weeks I have been working in my new Bubble Box the last few days and I must say I am really impressed. It was expensive but the build quality is awesome, really happy! Be hoping to smoke some bubble hash soon!!

Once it is all done and I have jar'd up I will take some more pics.

And don't forget people I will be moving the outdoor plants inside to flower soon!!!

:yummy:

made some hash for the first time tonight as a result of my hard efforts with the bubblebox!!! It is currently cooling so will try to get up some pics tomorrow :blunt:

well people long time no message!! Sorry I have been really busy with other things so not had a chance to be on here. All my bud has been curing nicely over the last month or so in lots of kiln jars I bought. I will try to get a pic up of all the drying bud.

At the weekend I transferred the 3 plants that I had outside into my cupboard. I was amazed as they had started to flower outside! They are proper monsters and it is a really struggle to get them into my cupboard!! They are just over 5 foot tall!! They were hitting the top of my light so I have had to bend them over slightly to try and get them all in. It is very tight in there but they will never survive outside in the UK here so I had to put them in the cupboard. To be honest as long as I get some decent green off them I will be more than happy!

Will promise to try and get some pics up soon.

:cool:

I'm back!! Right time for a good update;

The weed I grew was amazing!! Really wiped me out at the start but kinda getting used to it now. Been smoking for 15+ years, best shit I ever had!! Even though 2 plants went hermie and seeded the weed is beautiful!! Been doing all sorts with the trim and popcorn. Made loads of keif, smoked that pure and also made some hash utilising my new bubble box. Got a model 419 pipe and been getting my full monies worth out of that!!

No idea on the end result regarding weight but I know that I have been smoking it for about 3/4 weeks now and I average 1 oz per week and I still have shit loads left!!

Anyway the plants that were originally on my window sill (see 1st page) and then went outside came into my grow room 2 weeks ago saturday. I was really amazed as they had started to flower outside - not bad for the UK!! I was a bit worried about the height as they were nearly as tall as me but after a bit of tying down all is ok. Some of the leaves have been burnt at the top of the plant but after nearly 2 weeks in they are flowering really well and looking v healthy and v buddy!! There are 3 in there and that is the final lot from my batch I started way back in March time. I must say really impressed with how bushy they got from growing naturally outside I will have to try that again next year.

So should be looking at maybe 6 weeks or so and then cutting down time again!! I am really impressed with the colas on these 3, I should have a really healthy crop!!

Here are a few pics to wet the appetite!!

DSC004753.jpg

DSC004741.jpg

DSC004723.jpg

DSC004734.jpg

DSC004822.jpg

DSC004803.jpg

DSC004813.jpg

DSC004781.jpg

DSC004792.jpg

Well thats it for now, appreciate any comments, thanks for reading!! :hookah:

Happy smoking!! :cool:

no comments people?? Need some help as I think they are nearly ready?!? They were flowering for anything from 2-3 weeks outside and they have been in my cupboard for coming up to 4 weeks now. I checked them last night and they were full of milky trichs and some amber ones. The leaves are heavily dying off. I think they are ripe for picking but it just seems strange that they seem ready so quickly, the oother plants took at least 10 weeks. Do you think the fact that they grew o'naturel outside, started to flower outside would of had any effect?

Any help or advice much appreciated, Happy smoking!!:rollit:

Had another look last night and I am now getting loads of amber trichs!! I will be cutting down on saturday!! :cheer: I am just very surprised as these would have only taken 8 weeks to flower.

Feel a bit left out as no one appears to be reading / commenting on this journal anymore. I will post up some pics of my harvet and plants if anyone is interested otherwise I will close this off. I might start another one on my next grow next year.

Thanks for everyones input so far, happy smoking!! ;)

I have now cut down my final harvets of the year, very happy indeed.

I was going to do some more updates but it appears no one in interested in my diary any more?? Any reason for this? No one has commented for a long long time? Have I done something wrong?

I will post up pics and finish this off if anyone wants me to? Otherwise this might as well be moved to completed.

Thank you for everynes support and input, it has been really valuable.

Back
Top Bottom