1st Timer: Auto NL & AK-47

Ketel

Please help out a 1st time (of many future) grower. I've already learned so much at here and I know I'll pick up many good ideas.

Seeds: 420, 2 each of Northern Lights and AK-47 autos.
Placed in water on 1/23/17 and all 4 sprouted!
Light : Top Shelf 600w LED (380 from wall) and LED glasses
Grow area: Closet is 20"x48" and 91" height (every in counts!)
Soil: FoxxFarm Ocean (mostly)
Nutrients: FoxxFarm 3 pack (BB, GB and TB)
Water: All spring water and distilled
Walls and ceiling: Mylar
Pots: 5 gallon fabric filled to about 3.5 gallon (1 bag per plant).
Air movement: small fan I move around inside and out of closet.

Temps have been around 75-78 during day and 65-70 night. I mist with water and a few drops of FF BB. Misting walls with plain water along with the humidifier keep it around 46% rh. Rh was going up and down the 1st 2 weeks but it seems to hang 45-50 now.
I stink at being a handyman (as you can see) but I have a green thumb with tropical, perennial, and annual plants. I have plans for something bigger but I want to see what I can do for my 1st time learning experience.
I'm using the scrog mainly because it's so cool, and I want to practice for photo strains. I think this will be a good way of testing the light by seeing if there are areas not getting the same amount of light (edges). I added the ribbon on net just to separate the 2 strains, I can weave each strain to each side. Is it best to let them fit the net the best and not worry about which side they are growing on?
I watered with a 1/3 dose BB, then started using GB with drops of BB (same dose) until now.

20170213_155712.jpg
20170213_155704.jpg
20170213_140020.jpg
20170210_134853.jpg

Well.. the two mentioned above are in coco. The gold leaf and kush are in soil. All are under CFL in the short term. I'll send you a link to my journal and post some pics tomorrow. The kush was overwatered a few days ago so will be stunted a week. They look like I'd expect though. It may be just that hydro grows them that much faster and they are still young. Maybe they'll grow into what I'd expect to see.

Edit..
Spitz's Quick Indica Hitter

Well.. the two mentioned above are in coco. The gold leaf and kush are in soil. All are under CFL in the short term. I'll send you a link to my journal and post some pics tomorrow. The kush was overwatered a few days ago so will be stunted a week. They look like I'd expect though. It may be just that hydro grows them that much faster and they are still young. Maybe they'll grow into what I'd expect to see.

Edit..
Spitz's Quick Indica Hitter

Your Indica Hitters look awesome! I'll keep watching it, I can't wait until the ending scene!! or harvest or whatever.

sweet, now the long wait..... These seeds say 8 weeks from seed to harvest. So far they seem to be on course (they have a flower about 1 month from popping out of soil) but I can't see 1 month to harvest. It seems from what I've been seeing, the standard for flower is 6 weeks+. Is that correct?
I wanted to let them go until I see amber and I just can't picture that in 1 month form now.

41 days today. The AK are flowering a little better than the NL (maybe) but they are all doing well. Each AK look very different, 1 has thin sativa leaves and the other are fat like the NL (but lighter color). I just started a light dose of Tiger Bloom today, and I'll slowly stop the Grow Big over the next couple waterings.
I'm almost finished the door. I just need to install the fan and carbon filter, and pick up some approximately 1" dark foam tape on stuff to block light around the door. I'll use black caulk connecting the vent and door, and finally add a black foam filter to help block any light from the bottom air intake holes.
What do you think? It's not huge but it's the 1st grow and I already ordered my new seeds for next. I ordered Heavyweight Fruit Punch, Barnies Bad Azz indica, and a dinafem hybrid. I'm pretty excited!

almost done
20170305_170541.jpg

AK baby flower:
20170304_221537.jpg

semi even canopy:
20170305_134132.jpg
20170305_134101.jpg

I did some 'work' today, they look much nicer imo.
I cut the net and removed the plants. Tomorrow I'll just try and spread them a little. I'm almost done and my next photo per. seeds will get planted in a day or so. There's a plastic underbed storage almost perfect for them. I found a holiday gift wrap box of crap under the bed. It's a about 6" short long ways but it's fine for now (spouse loved it but had no idea all the gift wrap in a bad under the bed, that's between us, you know me as Fred or Sam lol). I tilted it about an inch to collect runoff, I can raise it higher easy. I also redid the chain to make it easier the raise the last however many inches (I'll do tomorrow when less 'medicated) AND I ACTURALLY PUT A WATER PROOF TAG ON EACH so I know which is which. Here's the change in the tiny room since yesterday.

crap I used
20170317_184350.jpg

20170317_115954.jpg

20170317_112229.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom