1st Timer Indoor Tent Grow

Ed Brown

Hi fellow cannabis enthusiast! This is my first grow and it is going amazing. My jorunal is kinda weak but i have tons of pictures throughout my journey. First off my setup.

1 8'x8' grow tent. 1 600W dual ballast (MH/HPS). 2 Inline 400 CFM fans. 1 carbon filter. 1 fan. Intake fan is hooked up to central ac unit. Fans are controlled by a dual temp/humidity controller. Using vivo sun fabric bags. Started with 1 gallons.

My first seeds were all random and old. I did a direct soil germenation method wich worked rather poorly. (0 sprouted). I smartened up with my last 15 seeds and did the paper towel method.

I started them under my 600W MH for 24/7. The light was 24" above the soil. Only 2 sprouted but they I have fluorished ever since.

One I had my setup running smoothly, I aquaried 7 feminzed White Widow from Crop Kings. I used the paper towel method and had 100% germination. I planted them in 3 gallon and 1 gallon fabric bags. I will try to keep a weekly thread update going. I hope you all enjoy and offer any insight you can. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2050.JPG
    IMG_2050.JPG
    615.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2053.JPG
    IMG_2053.JPG
    575.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2157.JPG
    IMG_2157.JPG
    823.1 KB · Views: 159
Before I started the WW I went with FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil. I waited to the seedlings were old enough (early veg) and then started my nutrients. I'm using FoxFarm Big Bloom and Grow Big for Veg. I LOVE the soil and nutrients. They are top notch. I vegged under 24/7 600W MH.

Attachments

• IMG_2182.JPG
    IMG_2182.JPG
    950.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2241.JPG
    IMG_2241.JPG
    833 KB · Views: 146
My two large plants are unknown strains. However they now have competition with the WW. This is my last pic before switching to HPS and 12/12.

Attachments

• IMG_2352.JPG
    IMG_2352.JPG
    770.1 KB · Views: 145
I've officially switched to 12/12 and HPS. My nutrients are now Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. I'm getting concerned with overcrowding and wonder if I should start aggressively pruning. Note - They are all in 3 gallon fabric bags now.

Attachments

• IMG_2389.JPG
    IMG_2389.JPG
    590.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2397.JPG
    IMG_2397.JPG
    842.9 KB · Views: 158
Looks good mate. A bit of defol never goes a miss. Just don't take off anything you don't benefit from. Start with the big fans in the middle that are blocking the most light. Once they're off have another look and see what else needs opening up. If its not blocking a bud site that you expect to produce then no point taking it off.
Also most of the lower stuff goes to popcorn so many growers tend to just strip the bottom bit of the plant altogether. (lollipopping)
As your a bit unsure, I'd say just start small. Few leaves here and there each day so you get a feel for how she responds before going to town on her.
They can take a lot before it hurts them like. It's hard to damage them from it but little and often is always best untill youre comfortable with what you're doing.

Really nice setup @elbrandone!
Your tent has filled out so nicely. I personally would remove a plant to give your other plants more growth space.
Regarding defoliation - i usually do a large one 2 weeks before flip. I am not a fan of stressing the plants once you are into flower. However your plants would definitely benefit from a defoliation now during stretch ahead of serious flowering.

I look forward to following your journal to harvest!

Thanks @irie lion ! I have put a lot of time into my first grow. I have removed the biggest plant. It was 1 of my first 2. I determined during preflowering that it was a male. Now there is much better space! I have also defoliated quite a bit. The most I could bring myself to during flowering anyways.

My phone broke last week. So ive lost quite a bit of pictures and videos. However, I hope to be posting more soon. For now, I have a lesser quality camera.

Week 3 of 12/12 flowering. Removed the biggest plant (suspected male). Defoliated quite a bit as well. Buds are getting frosty now!

Attachments

• IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    648.5 KB · Views: 160
Lots of bud sites. Pardon the poor picture quality (phone broke). I hope to have some high resolution photos by next week again.

Attachments

• IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    818.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0219.JPG
    IMG_0219.JPG
    814.4 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    648.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    878.2 KB · Views: 187
IMG_0232.JPG

The back right plants main cola is above the light :/ .... I'm wondering it if it's too late to top the plant. I've been flowering around 3 weeks. I'm considering cutting the main stem and the last node point about 6 inches below the light.... Any opinions on the matter would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks @irie lion ! I have put a lot of time into my first grow. I have removed the biggest plant. It was 1 of my first 2. I determined during preflowering that it was a male. Now there is much better space! I have also defoliated quite a bit. The most I could bring myself to during flowering anyways.

My phone broke last week. So ive lost quite a bit of pictures and videos. However, I hope to be posting more soon. For now, I have a lesser quality camera.

I know what it's like to have a poor quality camera on my phone. Just not enough clarity. Sucks!
If you need to keep that cola that is close to the light , maybe just supercrop it a little lower than the top of your other cola's.
Just an idea

I used to grow Full blown Sativas in tents mate... Pinch and bend...people may call it other things....

Get the main stem of the,tall one, and about a foot down squish the stem with your fingers a bit until its a bit pliable and slowly bend the top over.
You should be able to get it at least horizontal, a knuckle will form at the bend and support it.
Old trick from a seasoned grower...me.
It creates less stress for the plant, letting it bud on unhindered...
Go slow, and bend lil by lil.
You may have to bend it down daily for a few days until it understands.... Lol

Good luck, another 600 in there would be sweet....

Hey @elbrandone, awesome update! The stretch was real :bravo:tent is nice and full now. Are they still stretching or have the slowed down?
@Strainyourbrain & @Lowrider72 are definitely right - it's too late to top the plant as it will definitely effect the flowering.
Best is to supercrop it and bend it away from the light... that will give you some extra time.
Anyway, nice looking plants and they are seriously pushing flowers now! :snowboating:

Hey @irie lion. I super cropped the tall one on the right. But its already growing right back to the light! I think they finally stopped stretching. Had to raise the light twice. Running out of space. The buds are flowering nicely! Got some decent frost going on a few of them.

Attachments

• IMG_2503.JPG
    IMG_2503.JPG
    609.5 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2502.JPG
    IMG_2502.JPG
    828.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2498.JPG
    IMG_2498.JPG
    981.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2494.JPG
    IMG_2494.JPG
    653.9 KB · Views: 171
Looking really really good man! And this is your first run? Insane! :bravo::Namaste:

Hey @irie lion. I super cropped the tall one on the right. But its already growing right back to the light! I think they finally stopped stretching. Had to raise the light twice. Running out of space. The buds are flowering nicely! Got some decent frost going on a few of them.
Remember as LR72 mentioned, you may have to bend them several times until they "understand" you.

Back
Top Bottom