1st Timer Newbie Grower - LED - Indoor - Soil - Three Strains

Re: 1st Timer Newbie Grower / LED - Indoor / Soil / Three Strains

Close up on the bud
HobbitBud.jpg

This one is due on Wednesday I think, I'll turn off the lights for 48hours and then I'll harvest.

You still have an awful lot of white hairs on this from what I can see... I would wait a bit before harvest.

P.S. Check your camera for "Flicker Control" to help with those lines in your pics. Set it to either 60Hz or 59Hz and see what happens. Alternatively, you can get a CFL in there and turn off the HID for a sec while you take pics.

You still have an awful lot of white hairs on this from what I can see... I would wait a bit before harvest.

P.S. Check your camera for "Flicker Control" to help with those lines in your pics. Set it to either 60Hz or 59Hz and see what happens. Alternatively, you can get a CFL in there and turn off the HID for a sec while you take pics.

Duly noted. Wednesday she hits 65 days (supposedly ready for harvest), maybe I'll let her sit for 70 so she can mature a little bit, I'm not in a hurry to harvest and I'll take a clearer picture by then!

I'm not sure if my camera has those options! But I will check, and once again, thanks for the information, it is much appreciated.

:thanks::Namaste:

Universal awareness = Goodonya!

btw, I love your sig. "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity." True, and funny, and sad.

It's a quotation from George Carlin, check him out if you haven't already. Have a good one mate I'm off to fill my lungs!:Namaste:

the LED and HPS produce a nice light when they come on

They look bigger than they really are but I think they're coming along nicely, I'll focus on producing a great smoke, quality over quantity!

There ya go... Get a good grow with nice smoke under your belt, then work on increasing yield. Well planned, friend!

Have you sprayed your foliage lately? Could be residual?.

Im excited to see how it goes for you. Are you running led and hps?

Hello! Thanks for stopping by :D
It isn't residual, which is strange as hell... I tried to gently scrub it and wash it off but to no avail. Eventually I just cut them off, never got to find what provoked the white spots, now if you were talking about the "rust" like thing, that one was as if the plant was being eaten... can't really explain, but got me worried so at the smallest sign I cut leaves off, haven't seen it since.

The plant has been under LED since since seed, she had 55 days when I bought a HPS to complement because I wasn't seeing good bud development. Now these last days under the HPS I've seen improvement and I'm really liking the lights. She has 63 days in those last pictures.

But stay tuned because 2 weeks from now or something after I harvest the Hobbit I'm gonna put the WW and northerXskunk under the HPS and LED, all for them! I'm gonna re-arrange the space, I hope the buds explode! We'll see.

Thanks and :Namaste:

Thanks a lot for the input! I'll snap a couple of shots one week from now! Can they develop much in the last week? I'm not sure, anyway, as it is I'm fine with it, probably 8g worst case scenario lol, maybe less! Who knows?

:thanks:

So, yesterday I opened the tent only to find that my hobbit branches were falling over big time, not only that but the pistels had turned brown in like 60-70% so I harvested it, I took a couple of in a hurry pictures after trimming (Which was a pain in the ass for a first timer, but no problem we preservere!).

I think the numbers will be low grams wise. She's an autoflowering strain that vegged and flowered 95% with LED 90W and took a shower of 400W hps in the last week.

harvest35.jpg

harvest212.jpg

harvest111.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality I promise after they are done drying and half cured I'll make a smoke analysis and take a couple of pretty photos. Meanwhile my other two are vegging and looking strong, specially the white widow that has at least 3 main colas now, it seems that the supercropping really did a number on those branches, they are looking strong! I think that with the recently acquired 400HPS they will look amazing... fingers crossed.

I'm having a bit of a temperature problem though, my temps go as high as 32ºC in the worst case scenario, usually 31ºc (85-87 F), so, I'm gonna order a couple of things and try the following setup: Filter > cooltube for the 400hps > extractor fan(a new one) > duct > extractor fan (old one).

The TT extractor fans really are sh**. I hope with this will help dissipate way more heat, I'll show the differences in a future post.

Well, if anyone cares to give their opinion on all that I appreciate, meanwhile I'm very busy with things here so I'm feeling very happy with it overall!
^
:Namaste:

did you 48 hours of darkness?
Hey man, sorry I didn't. It's something I will do for sure on the next two. Yesterday when I harvested I had a lot going on in my mind and the plant was really dying lol, not sure if she wouldn't just crumble after 2 days of darkness lol

Back
Top Bottom