1st timer problems with clone need help - with pics

Thanks again guys for all the help ...Heres is pic update on the plant it seems to be doing well and showing growth

IMG_20140930_114500_zps0737c0e6.jpg

IMG_20140930_114451_zps13f332ff.jpg

When did you water last? I assume fairly recently?

Your soil appears to hold a lot of water, and too much water will fill the gaps and voids in the soil, which displaces the oxygen that roots need. When you water, can you water lightly, with a spray bottle if you have one. If not, just drizzling water will work. I'd also suggest that you focus on watering around the outer edge of the pot, instead of the whole thing evenly. This will concentrate the moisture towards the outside of the pot (but the natural wicking action of the soil will move water to the middle also, just in a lower amount).

How much water are you pouring into the pot?
And about how long has it been since your last watering before the most recent one?

The wilted leaves appear to be caused by the water, and lower oxygen content.

Do you have a fan in your grow area?

No fan on the room yet but I do have one for it I really dont water it much might be because I always take the pic right after watering it I actually watered it sunday then nothing on monday and then watered it again today I just mist the leaves once and then mist it a lil on the soil next time ill take a pic before watering it I had another lil cup with soil to compare the weigh before watering it , it was just slightly heavier. I might still be overwatering and dont know it but to me before I watered it , it looked like the stem was kind of dry.

Ah man get that fan in there. Low speed is fine, but something to circulate the air and help dry out that soil faster will be beneficial for that clone.

The leaves will show signs of underwatering first by wilting. And it's not the end of the world if she wilts from not enough water, but it does cause a little stress, and we want to avoid that as much as possible.
Watering every other day seems a little too frequent. The top of the soil should dry out first, it should look and feel completely dry. But even at this point, there is still moisture inside the soil, so you have another few days on top of when the top of the soil is dry.

Take a picture next time you see things like the stem looking dry. Maybe there's something we can both learn from these things!

I will put the fan tomorrow ...

Here is a pic of how the stem look sorry its not close enough let me know if you need a better pic...

IMG_20141001_235426_zpssej2bh3m.jpg

Notice the redish part above the soil ...

But other than that its looking better, I did not water it wont water it for a couple of days to see if theres more improvement, Also when I touch the soil it doesnt feel watered just barely humid...

IMG_20141001_235504_zpsbetjwd94.jpg

IMG_20141001_235421_zpsop5rbtqi.jpg

El Doctor, you are doing an amazing job! But, do listen to Antics about the fan. Good air is as important as good water or good light. When you get that fan today, you'll want to aim in so that the plant shivers a little bit, but isn't buffeted around in a wind storm. The last I read of your temps was something like 75 degrees and a 45 degree humidity? Was that about right? Is that what you have now?

I just want to let you know that I over watered my very first seedling and LITERALLY watched it shrivel up and die. No time lapse photography needed. Erring on underwatering, in my book, is better than overwatering. But then I was traumatized for days after my first horrible experience. :) With too much water and not enough air, you are also causing a good environment for fungus gnats and other pests.

Here is a rule of thumb for watering: When the pot feels as light as it did when you first planted, it's time to water. Antics mentioned that your baby girl needs oxygen to get to the roots. She does, indeed. Another way to decide about watering is sticking your finger carefully in the dirt. When your finger comes out clean, like a toothpick when making brownies, it's time.

:cheer: Good job so far! We're rooting for you.
Marion

Thanks erieflwr and antics I put the fan as you guys recomendend btw I gots some new clones ....4 to be exact this time I can use the knowledge I have and maybe give them less stress than my first one..also I have 2 seedlings from what I odered from Herbies after about 60 bagseeds non sprouting this feels like an acomplisment I was thinking all this time it was me and know I deff know it was just the seeds.

Oh and im not going to water it untill the soils is almost dry just to get it on the right track and the temp is basically the same for what I have going on right now.

More clones = more space. Make sure you have enough room to flower them, or have another space to hold some in Veg while the others finish flowering.

If you pack them too tightly into a small space, you may not get as high of a yield from each plant.

Like for example, if 4 plants fit perfect in a space and yield 2 ounces each, fitting 8 plants in there, you might only yield 1.25 ounces on each. (just examples). The leaves will end up crowing each other and competing for light. You'll also run into an issue with not having full access to each plant to look for problems, deficiencies, pests, etc...

Always make sure the grow is easy to manage, and I wouldn't add more plants until you get a total feel for things. There's going to be a lot more you learn along the way, and I'd hate to see you get discouraged from growing if things get overwhelming.

yeah I understand what your saying I have a 600w lamp and the room should fit a couple of plants I want to have at least 4 diff strains to see whats better yielding and better for me to grow and give best hit plus I dont know whats going to survive so just in case one dies I have more.

The clone non I know their strain but the seedlings are SLEESTACK SKUNK, DELICIOUS CRITICAL SUPER SILVER HAZE and Purple Maroc.

IMG_20141003_193015_zpsvkykikmh.jpg

IMG_20141003_193050_zpszvrryyt3.jpg

IMG_20141003_192942_zps5sttftcp.jpg

I am pretty sure the stretching was due to me putting them in the room during lights off I didnt think they would grow so quick...

Here is a update on all of them

The first clone I have not watered yet and the new clones seem to be doing perfect...

I will be adding another CFL for the seedlings

IMG_20141004_204039_zpsfb80e728.jpg

IMG_20141004_204121_zps4b65415a.jpg

IMG_20141004_204058_zpsdeca9fc6.jpg

IMG_20141004_204109_zps837cc294.jpg

after 3 weeks and 2 days since I planted this clone, no roots have appeared on it so I trashed it. I went to transplant it and it just fell off Not even hairs on it nothing even tho it had veg growth no roots at all so disappointed.

IMG_20141006_115618_zpsndczyxrk.jpg

Thanks this clone was a lost cause from the begging but atleast I learned a couple of things.

I'm going to disagree with you on only one thing, and that's when you say this clone was a lost cause. Your first clone was the way you learned your couple of things! Hoooray for the clone! hooRAY for what you did right!!! hoooOOOrAAAY FOR the rest of the things you will do correctly and with absolute confidence!
:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom