1st timer problems with clone need help - with pics

El Doctor

Hi I received a clone from a guy ... he gave it to me in a cup with water.

I had done some research but mainly for growing from seeds, I bought all the things needed, cut the leaves from the clone, used a rooting powder, shaved the end, cut at a 45 angle with a new blade and planted it on a lil bucket.

I have been having problems with it from inexperience.

I actually had my closet set up to grow from seeds but since I received the clone I had to improvise.

My closet has a 600w H.I.D kit and a couple other lil things. I didnt now how much lighting it needed so I put it under 600w as far up as I could put it from the plant.

This is how it looked the first night.

media-201409151_zpsdec0e5b7.jpg

left it there and came next day and found it like this...

media-201409152_zpsf56bfdff.jpg

I tried to correct it and been doing so ever since

made an emergency dome for it and it improved

media-201409153_zpsa23587bf.jpg

media-20140916_zpsf7ae9849.jpg

then leaves got kinda dry because I removed the dome

media-201409171_zps94fce018.jpg

Then I read that the HID where too much for it so I turned it off and put a cfl lamp next to it withought the dome...

media-20140917_zps513e366a.jpg

After that there has not been no real change now its been the same so hopefully it continues to root and grow.

media-201409181_zpsd0d0ab1a.jpg

The last thing I did was make the dome higher because I not sure if it needs more humidity room them right now is 75 degrees Fahrenheit and 45 percent humidity.

Im just a lil scared and dont know if im doing good right now and would like anyone's opinion now that it seems like its ok?

This is how it looks right now and today is day 6 from when I planted it....

media-20140918_zps8d48fc8b.jpg

Re: 1st timer problems with clone need help... (with pics)

I checked it just now after 6 hours and the leaves that almost seam dead are starting to get green and soft...

media-201409183_zps22337b9f.jpg

media-201409184_zps21788267.jpg

If anyone cant give me any pointers it would be very helpful.

No roots just freshly cut from the plant maybe given to me like 2 hours later, yes I cut the stem thanks for your reply im kinda panicking because I can only find info on how to make the clone but not on how to take care of it so I dont know what im doing right or wrong just going by what makes it look better and checking it every 6 or 12 hours.

Ahh ok. Clones are usually dipped in rooting hormone, and then left under a dome in a rockwool plug for 1-2 weeks until they root. I have seen a guy on here root his I believe just in water.

Basically, you cut the clones, angle cut, dip in rooting hormone, pour a little rooting hormone into the rockwool, push the plant in, then cover with a humidity dome.

It's nothing you did wrong, so don't panic, the guy should have told you better. You can read more about Cloning (and everything else) here: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

I found some info I think I over watered the clone I have been spraying the soil till water came from bottom of cup I guess your not supposed to do that. Im supposed to only mist the leaves? Maybe thats why its starting to look brown on one of the stems?

I dont know if I should use a higher watt bulb it looks like its dim and dont creat heat I dont know the exact watt of the bulb because it only says 1200 lumens on it but I know its not powerful but from info I have found I says that with clones the less light the better but everyone says diff.

Yeah I read through the whole page but the problem is not getting that done is after that what I have been having problems with keeping the plant alive and well. Its been struggling to survive. Instead of going through the natural process.

These topics will also help:
How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

And for what it's worth, I've tried rooting powder in the garden in the past, and had very limited success with it.
i THINK the biggest problem, or at least the first problem to address may have been the humidity dome. Keep that on, and keep it humid inside.

These topics will also help:
How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

And for what it's worth, I've tried rooting powder in the garden in the past, and had very limited success with it.
i THINK the biggest problem, or at least the first problem to address may have been the humidity dome. Keep that on, and keep it humid inside.

Thanks for taking your time to reply, I have been noticing that that was a mistake I made not leaving the dome since day 1 but it looks like its doing ok...

This is the only problem I see with it some of the leaves look like this should I cut them or leave them alone ?

media-201409202_zps2f35591e.jpg

media-20140920_zps17c40ca1.jpg

this is how it looks right now looks like its beginning to grow ? tonight is day 8 of the plant...

media-201409201_zpse8a474aa.jpg

Personally, I'd leave the leaves and let them fall off naturally. They'll have some stored nutrients the plant can use for rooting, and new growth.

Keep a close eye on it, take pictures if necessary to compare, and watch for new growth. Once you see new growth you're on the right track, but not quote out of the woods. Now it'll be a waiting game to see if she roots or not.

Thanks for the help ...Its definitely showing growth and the leave actually fell off naturally I guess thats why it was turning brownish on the stem today is day 8

media-201409211_zps11c32551.jpg

media-20140921_zps7c7450a1.jpg

I think the roots are starting to demand water leaves look a lil different and soil is starting to look dry plant is growing I changed lighting from 24/0 to 18/6 and wattered the soil with dome on still.

media-201409221_zpscbb7ffa7.jpg

media-20140922_zps5fd7bc65.jpg

Yeah that is what is happening the leaf took back life but now the leafs are starting to look yellowish dont know whats going on yet im suspecting I need to start watering the soil and take dome off or give it some food.

media-20140923_zpsb6c458d5.jpg

Any Ideas?

Btw thanks Antics for keeping up with my post

Actually after a lil search I think it is showing signs of heat stress maybe because I put a more powerful CFL bulb ....

Yeah that is what is happening the leaf took back life but now the leafs are starting to look yellowish dont know whats going on yet im suspecting I need to start watering the soil and take dome off or give it some food.

Any Ideas?

Btw thanks Antics for keeping up with my post

Actually after a lil search I think it is showing signs of heat stress maybe because I put a more powerful CFL bulb ....

Ok good, that's a good sign to have life coming back into the leaves.
Heat stress will start to show up on the leaves as almost like small bleached areas on the leaf.
With CFLs you won't have a problem with heat stress/light burn from the intensity of the bulb. What you want to watch for is the temperature in the grow room.

The soil looks very moist right now, so I would wait to water. And the one leaf at the top looks to be a little wilted, which could be a sign of overwatering.

And no problem man, I'm glad to help where I can. It'd be cool to see you grow this clone into an awesome plant that you can enter into the monthly 420 contests. There's a link in my signature if you want to check it out.

Thanks hopefuly it grows into a plant ...and I think you are right on the overwatering I didnt spray it today to give it a chance to get normal I guess it was from me getting exited from seeing growth and spraying the soil ad leaves.

Dr---you need to grow down instead of up,right now-meaning you dont need a ton of light,your concentration should be on forming a root mass.new growth is coming,it just takes time.

years ago when i did the soil cuttings,I would just sit them in a corner,indirect light and just leave them.Personally I would have cut that in a 3rd and only used the top 4 inches and made your clone.

Back
Top Bottom