1st True Indoor Grow After 35 Years Of Cultivation

Maybe it is the CO2 addition, maybe I have too thick of a skull, lol

The CO2 really made a difference in that first grow i am just completing. and i used it through the whole grow but at lower ppm's after the first 3 weeks of flowering. i ran it around 600-900 until the last two weeks and then just maintained 400ppm or a little more. The trick is being able to recirculate the air in a sealed room, which i could do. that really lowers the amount and time required to maintain 1000-1500 ppm. and what they say about needing high temps using co2 is a crock from my one experience. They say 85-86 to 95 degrees. my room was never over 80 and never under 64 and the sensi stars came down two weeks early. my chop at harvest was on days 55-56, right at 8 weeks which was ok for the bubba but the sensi's require 65-70 days according to my collective where i got the clones. But if you check my next journal, which i don't know how to link they went in last saturday, march 1st and i will probably continue to veg them for maybe 2 more weeks. they are cataract and vanilla kush plants, 2 cats and 1 vanilla.

ok here is the final tally on this grow.. see this first pict, the jars on the left, 8 of them are the bubba kush..roughly 1 oz per jar. the 9 jars on the right are the sensi stars and were all over an oz per jar plus all the buds in front. I had 213 grams of bubba kush and 440 grams of SS. Considering the Sensi stars came down early at 8 weeks because i had to have the room for the next grow, ( poor veg planning on my part) i'm really happy with all of it. the SS is definitely better than the bubba even coming down 10-14 days early and still yielded a little better too.

1st_indoor_harvest_3-8-14.JPG

The rest of these shots are the little colas that i save just for me.... i know terrible, what a bogart that guy is!!!

Sensi_buds_4_3-8-14.JPG
Sensi_buds_3_3-8-14.JPG
Sensi_buds_2_3-8-14.JPG
Sensi_buds_1_3-8-14JPG.JPG

So outside of cleaning and chopping my two little rhino blackberry train wreck crosses this journal is now complete!!! yeah i mad it to the end.

My goal going forward is to try to get to about 1 gr of high quality bud per watt of light. that would be 1200 grams so i have some really serious work to do. I'll probably opt for shorter veg times and more harvests so the 1/2 gram per watt is probably more realistic for me. But over the next 3-4 grows i will be experimenting with different strains and doing some cross breeding to end up with my own unique stuff.

I got my two little test plants chopped and trimmed. i will know in 4-5 days how much they will yield. They were rock solid little golf balls and super ball size nuggets and they are 9 week strain so i hit it right at 64 days today. They sure smell way way different from the bubba and the sensi stars. They are really fruity/aromatic. those rhino bb train wreck smell like hash and a sweet fart... you tell me.. it's got a really odd pungency i can't put my finger on.. i imagine it's gonna not be super smooth even with a good slow dry and nice cure. hope so..i have 250-300 of those seeds if it turns out great. Might even pop some of the maui's and those and cross pollinate em both ways.. that would be fun.. that is the whole idea.

What a yield! I'm gonna have to rethink my Anti-CO2 stance
:)

Yuppers buddy!!! i was really happy considering it all came down before i wanted, although the bubba was right at the window.. but a few extra days is always good. I'll know about those two little plants i just took down.. will be interesting to see how they work out.. The co2 is really awesome, but to/for me it's all about controlling the environment and i have everything where i need it temp wise (10-14 degrees cooler than the consensus seems to think.) the humidity, lights and air circulation within the flower area are optimal too.. having the base of my plants really at floor level also helps with pushing the co2 under the full canopy all the time. I'll really know more after the 4-5 weeks once this second grow is into 2nd week of flowering.

nice grow dude!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks ballistic, i was very happy with it considering the sensi plants really needed another 10 days to fill out more.. but man it kicks ass.. i'm in the cure process now, probably through the 20th or so.. should be more enhanced and potent after about 3 weeks of cure time.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom