1st Try At DWC/Soil Grow - Huckleberry - Cherry Pie - Dogwalker OG - Malawi Gold

Good morning RM I am not all that thrilled about my trimming duties either plus I had to remind my brother that I was there to help him during his trimming when I was not working.Hopefully by the next big harvests I will not have such issues. I talked with the wife ands has given me a budget to work with. I have found a source for either a trimming machine, have not made up my mind on which one I like best, one is 4k the other is around 8k, though I have also found a small CO2 extractor for 15k though it is a stripped down model with no bells or whistles and will only process up to one pound at a time. Now it is just a question of how much do I spend for what.
Speaking of trimming, looks like next weekend is booked as well for trimming, here is the plant at my house and you can see it is not as far along as the other plant.
IMG_097443.jpg
IMG_097737.jpg
IMG_097542.jpg

I also see where some of you guys have been getting into the Rosin presses and making oil that way. I saw that as well and have been researching it to see if that may be an option worth looking into but one of the guys who is doing it also has the test equiptment to test the oil after he does it and one thing he pointed out that concerned me was that parchment paper does end up in trace amounts in the oil. You could physically see it in the vile after it was deleted for the testing. Granted it is trace amounts, but I would be a smidgen curious as to the effects of smoking parchment paper and its effects on the human body, not that it is any worse then rolling papers per say but I honestly do not know what the chemical composition of parchment paper is. I do believe they are on the right track on how to remove the oils from the plant just not sure if they have perfected the method just yet. There has to be a way to do it without getting any trace elements contaminating the oil.

Have a great Saturday everyone, time to head back to trimming.

Absolutely stunning plant OG. I imagine it takes loads of patience growing outside. Just the sheer amount of different variables that are not under your control has to be anxious. I tip my hat to the guys that can see all the way through harvest.
As far as rosin goes. There are many ways to press with heat and pressure. You can start cheap and work your way up. Shiggity has a cool thing going with his Arbor press and heat plates. I think he said he spent somewhere around $300. He's getting mad results too. Might be something to look at. I just use the old hair straightener and clamp vice for smaller runs. Or I just run a batch of bho. I don't smoke it that much so it last a long time. I find it makes my tolerance too high to just smoke herb, which I love. But that's just me.
As far as the parchment paper thing goes, I used to use it until I found out just what you said. Then I switched to ptfe. I get mine from a local company in Washington. Not sure if I can say. But I press with it and I make my bho with it as well. I haven't seen any studies suggesting that the ptfe transfers yet so crossing my fingers.

Cheers OG
:roorrip:

Good morning
Was busy this weekend getting my next grow set up and started
popped 3 seeds, 2 autos (Bomb Berry Bomb and a Red Poison) and 1 feminized, (Killer Purps)
Also picked up 2 strains that I was able to purchase as Teens so I was able to get 3 clones of of each 1 Northern Lights #5 and 1 Grand Daddy Purple.
I have a friend who is getting me a few clones of Raspberry Kush, though those will not be ready to pick up for a few more weeks.
Also go a 8 inch exhaust fan and a can 150 filter, a small water filter that filters both chlorine and chloramines
Wife wants me to buy the new shed to convert to a grow room while I want to spend the money and buy a Satellite SL trimmer. The jury is still out on which one I will get 1st. Hopefully I will make up my mind before Christmas and Santa will deliver which ever I choose.
I convinced the wife she should get more involved with my grows, and she agreed. I told her this grow she could decide how we would be growing, soil or hydro..large plants or more smaller plants. She opted for soil with smaller plants in the 2 to 3 foot range. She read in an article 1 gallon per foot of plant so she wants to grow in 3 gallon cloth pots. Gardening should be more enjoyable now that she will be joining in.

I still have not harvested my last MG though I did get out this last weekend and trimmed off almost all of the fan leaves from the entire plant so when we do chop it, it should go fairly quickly. Still no signs of bud rot, even though we had one of the wettest Octobers in recorded history, go figure. Guess it can be done. Here is a before and after picture I took on 11-6
IMG_097443.jpg
IMG_108046.jpg

Sending well wishes and good intentions your way OG. See where it's been a while since you've been on, hope it's all good stuff keeping you busy. :high-five:
I go with this too.
hope all is well in your end.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom