1stTimer Backyard Grow. Many questions!

New pics.
Sativa 1 and 2
HPIM21111.JPG

sativa 3
HPIM2112.JPG

sativa 4 and 5
HPIM2113.JPG

sativa 4 and 5 again. Getting kinda cramped...bigger pot time?
HPIM2114.JPG

sativa 6 and 7 - These ones seem to be grwoing a little slower. Well not so much slower but just overall smaller. But them falling off the window cill when they were only seedlings and spilling everyhwere probably had something to do with it.
HPIM2115.JPG

Also, I got a few questions.
Is it time for bigger pots?
The weather has been really nice, I'm contemplating putting them outside in bigger pots and in some nice organic soil.

lmk.

Yeah, definately not ready for outdoors yet. Took them outside for some nice rays but the breeze was beating them up so put them back inside. These things are growing like crazy, musta grown an inch-inch n half today.

that's great!

like i said, with that fan, they will become really strong stemmed, and the breeze will be nothing

EDIT: 420th POST

you want to move them outside for a couple hours a day before you make the move, that way they don't get sun burned

I think fallen is reffering to heat damage. Anyway hes right dont put them directly outside, you have to gradually introduce them to the outside world. where abouts will they be outside? What size pots? Any nutes or ferts? And that fan will indeed stregnthen up the stem, also if you took some others advice and put the soil to the bottom of those oval leaves then you should have no problem with stability untill they outgrow that. You are going to have to transplant them out of those cups AND SOON! DO NOT put more than on plant in a pot at a time, roots will become intertwined and if transplanting needs to be done your plants will have their root system ripped to bits and go into some serious shock and that could kill them. Plus with two plants in a pot the plants are more than likely to become rootbound.

Keep us updated!

Yeah SG4 is right, one plant per pot my man.

This weekend is when im going to put them in new pots which I think are 1/2 gallon pots. Well as you can see I already have 3 cups with 2 in them and 1 cup with 1 plant in them. Is there anyway i can seperate them, they are pretty close and I bet the roots are tangled. I think I might put them in the pots today 'cause im scared they might get or already may be rootbounded. Well as far as ferts and stuff go i WAS going to use the miracle grow food plant but I guess its too strong (.14.14.14). I found some really dark and moist soil which is completely organic and it consists of...50% organic black soil, 40% peat moss and 10% horticultural sand. I was also thinking of adding maybe 1/4 the miracle grow (.14.14.14) and the rest with the organic stuff. Do you think that this will burn them? If yes, what do you think I should use for ferts with this organic soil? Right now the plants are sitting in Miracle Grow germinating soil which is (0.0 0.1 0.0). Oh oops, the plants will be put in the garden which is up a against a fence (Wooden fenced in yard) Also they will pretty much be sheltered from wind because they'll be in a corner. The garden gets a lot of sun throughout the day, no big trees around so sunlight will probably be pretty strong.

you can separate them, Just be Gentle when you do it.
they aren't too big so you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

When you re pot them just bury them up to the lowest set of leaves.

peace
wwonka

So i put them in new pots and I didn't seperate them (didn't have any other pots). If they end up needing bigger pots further down the road I'll just transplant them again. AS of right now they are sitting in organic soil which has no nutes (50% black soil, 40% peat moss, 10% horticultural sand). They aren't ready for outdoors yet, stems are kinda brittle. What nutes sould I get for them and when should I start using them?

Sativa 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
HPIM2116.JPG

Sativa 1
HPIM2117.JPG

Sativa 2 + 3
HPIM2118.JPG

Sativa 4 + 5
HPIM2119.JPG

Sativa 6 + 7
HPIM21201.JPG

Well there they are so far. What do you think?

why? Whats wrong with two per pot? If some become males cant I just kill them then?

EVERYTHING is wrong with two plants per pot, they WILL become rootbound when they get bigger, its not of question of if, but of when. Then when they become rootbound your going to want to put them in bigger pots, but guess what? Your going to kill your plants by doing so, since the roots will be so tangled together the removal will SHOCK the hell out of the plants. In all seriousness, while they are still young put one in each pot. Last warning before things go seriously wrong man.

Back
Top Bottom