2 different temperatures in tent

onestickz

Been trying to get this temp situation under control. Its been around 80-84 f. I moved my 6" fan down close to the roots to keep the air cool down there and I got a 120mm fan tied into one of the vent holes. I got a 400watt hsp/mh reflective hood and inline fan with carbon filter. With my small tent, the inline fan sucks the walls of my tent in so I have to keep the flaps open all the time. When I put my digital thermometer at the bottom temp drop to 75-77f, but when I put it above my light it goes back to 82-86f.
I just wanted to know if that was ok, being that the temp is around 77f at the bottom?
Any info will be helpful.
Thanks to all and happy growing✌

Its blowing in and 4" inline fan is pulling out, I got a 6" fan on the inside to. Right now I got 3 small fans blowing air an the inline sucking out.

I would exhaust going outside or bring in air from outside if it's cooler! I hooked my tent to my house unit and it heats my house to 78 and it's 59 outside right now. If to hot in summer my a/c blows right in to my tent.

It is pretty normal to have two very different temps in the tent.

Lets just say heat rise's & that is why we use the extraction fan at the top of the tent.

What you should be more interested in is the temp around plant canopy level or just with in the first several inches of the plant tops.

Thankz fuzzy duck I was thinking about trying that again. Tried it at first but I didn't want to hook it to my scrog... but it looks like I might not have a choice.

Your temp range sounds OK to me. Like Fuzzy said, you will typically have different temps in different areas, especially if you measure high and low. If the worst readings are 75 - 86, you should be fine. I'd try to pull them down 5 degrees, or so, but if you can't, it is not a deal breaker. With readings like that I'd be checking RH to see if that helps you decide on what to do.

Thanks major, I thought i had a real problem here. I've been reading alot of info and they say 75-78 degrees is best. I've been trying to get that but its hard in a small tent lol

Another little trick is to use an oscillating fan between height of reflector and the canopy of the plant to help keep the air moving.

I've got a small tent 90cm by 90cm by 180cm with a 400w hps myself & most of the time my temp is around 26/27c i've hit late twentys & even early thirtys before for a few days or more in a row but that is during the summer months with hots days.

Any way to give a little idea :thumb:

PICT000847.JPG
PICT000255.JPG

Back
Top Bottom