2 feminized Autos developing male pollen sacs? Pics included

ChillDude

420 Member
Hi! i am new to the forum, i grow indoors for myself and my partner, right now i am on my second grow ever, the first one went smoothly, but this time i encountered something new, 2 of my plants are developing weird buds that might be male flowers, but just on one node of the plant, and i was thinking that maybe i could just remove them and maybe the plant wont produce more, anyway i was hoping someone could guide me in the right direction

18c50fb2-f9b1-4bd5-bb13-6dd63fcfba47.jpg

Plant 1, has only one of what i think is a male polen sac, but is showing female pistils everywhere else and no other male sac
8b0a665a-2608-443b-a9cf-7fa6ea55e608.jpg

this is how plant 1 looks at the top normal female no signs of sacs, next picture is plant 2
5f5cdd4f-d02c-4d75-9600-afe8c23a7eca.jpg

just like plant 1, number 2 has this growing only in one node, the rest is clean, not even pistils yet, also both are the same strain, and are under the same conditions and treatment as other autos from different strains, planted at the same time that are thriving with no issues, 4 different strains in total, this is just to add context to my next question, can this be a genetic thing? i am worried about doing something wrong, but i just low stress train them and have the temp, humidity, light, airflow and ph in check (indoors grow) so is there another posibility?
Also i would like to know if anyone has had this problem before, and if cutting the male polen sacs (if that is what they are) could save the plant from being chopped down as i dont want to get seeds on the rest of the plants...

Thanks in advance, any advice is really appreciated ✌

Shims. Take pictures for the seedbank, in case they offer credit. Then chop and discard. Hopefully, you'll receive credit from the seller - and can spend it on a different strain, lol.

You can try picking the staminate flowers off as they appear. That works at least .00000001% of the time.

But you'll miss one. Or maybe 30. Then you'll end up with a dozen seeds. Or maybe 6,000. And potency won't attain its theoretical maximum. Well, it generally doesn't - but with seed production occurring, and early, you'd be considerably farther from that goal than one normally is, IMHO.

Or maybe you'll keep up on every one, the ones you see now, the ones that you'll see next week... the ones that appear when the buds are filling in and you really don't feel like searching...

Or maybe this was just a one in a million thing (that has already occurred twice ;) ), and you won't see any more. But I wouldn't count on that.

Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances. . . .

First of all, thank you for the reply! i certainly don't want any seeds, killing 2 of my green babies is really sad but if as you say chances of success removing the male parts are pretty much 0% then there is nothing left to do, i guess i was just being foolishly or noobishly optimistic.
:thanks:

Hi! i am new to the forum, i grow indoors for myself and my partner, right now i am on my second grow ever, the first one went smoothly, but this time i encountered something new, 2 of my plants are developing weird buds that might be male flowers, but just on one node of the plant, and i was thinking that maybe i could just remove them and maybe the plant wont produce more, anyway i was hoping someone could guide me in the right direction

18c50fb2-f9b1-4bd5-bb13-6dd63fcfba47.jpg

Plant 1, has only one of what i think is a male polen sac, but is showing female pistils everywhere else and no other male sac
8b0a665a-2608-443b-a9cf-7fa6ea55e608.jpg

this is how plant 1 looks at the top normal female no signs of sacs, next picture is plant 2
5f5cdd4f-d02c-4d75-9600-afe8c23a7eca.jpg

just like plant 1, number 2 has this growing only in one node, the rest is clean, not even pistils yet, also both are the same strain, and are under the same conditions and treatment as other autos from different strains, planted at the same time that are thriving with no issues, 4 different strains in total, this is just to add context to my next question, can this be a genetic thing? i am worried about doing something wrong, but i just low stress train them and have the temp, humidity, light, airflow and ph in check (indoors grow) so is there another posibility?
Also i would like to know if anyone has had this problem before, and if cutting the male polen sacs (if that is what they are) could save the plant from being chopped down as i dont want to get seeds on the rest of the plants...

Thanks in advance, any advice is really appreciated ✌
Make sure they're actual pollen sacks. I've had stuff like that come up and pistils come out like in your second photo where the white pistils are sticking out.

Back
Top Bottom