2 Liter Hempy SOG

A little R&R after a long day......

hsh.JPG

I'm hoping to win a contest this month to get some BPN to finish my current hempy grow with. I have some Osmocote in the buckets already, so mostly bloom boosters I think for the rest of the grow (if I win that is). I'll look at using them in my NFT as well once I exhaust the rest of my CES nutes.

@BPN, do you plan on coming out with any carbo amendments? Something like bud candy or sweet? I am using the CES Uncle John's and it works great, but it's expensive. I'd like to find something that works well without spending $30+ a quart and using 10ml a gal to mix--stuff goes fast at that rate (I wouldn't mind if it were 1/2 the price).

I'm hoping to win a contest this month to get some BPN to finish my current hempy grow with. I have some Osmocote in the buckets already, so mostly bloom boosters I think for the rest of the grow (if I win that is). I'll look at using them in my NFT as well once I exhaust the rest of my CES nutes.

@BPN, do you plan on coming out with any carbo amendments? Something like bud candy or sweet? I am using the CES Uncle John's and it works great, but it's expensive. I'd like to find something that works well without spending $30+ a quart and using 10ml a gal to mix--stuff goes fast at that rate (I wouldn't mind if it were 1/2 the price).

It looks like you're going to and it's well deserved. I hope you'll stop back by and watch us finish up.

:bong:

It looks like you're going to and it's well deserved. I hope you'll stop back by and watch us finish up.

:bong:
Absolutely! You're the reason I have a hempy grow going on right now. I don't know where I was at the beginning of the journal, but I'm here for the finish!
:popcorn:

Carbo amendments are easy. I just need to design a new label for something like that and of course I will sell it for less than cheap.
Here is a good suggestion: mix a little molasses with some water and use that. I have gallons of high quality plant available "blackstrap" Molasses which contains a ton of carbs as well as a NPK analysis of 5-1-3 and many other trace elements. Molasses is the shiznit and it is cheap.
I definitely don't want to knock my competitors but take AN's carbo load for example. from my understanding (I read the label), it is a mix of water and a few mono-, di- and polysaccharides (fancy name for glucose polymers). Basically sugar water. you can mix that up yourself. Again, I am not bashing AN....I want to be clear on that....I don't want any bad Karma. I treat everyone as I want to be treated :love: I just needed a good example for this post.
Don't use just plain table sugar (sucrose), and again, molasses is the shiznit....it is a wonderful tool to have in your grower's tool box. AND you can pour it on waffles or corn bread!

Mixing nutrients is not rocket science. It is actually quite simple once you understand what a plant needs at the most basic level. I whole heartedly agree that additives such as carbs, humic/fulvic acids, plant extracts, hormones, and enzymes are very helpful and increase yield. But I come from the old school KISS realm of thought "Keep It Simple Stupid"...not calling anyone stupid lol because I sometimes surprise at how stupid I am lol. Anyway, MOLASSES! it is your friend....did I forget to say that it has magnesium, iron, and calcium in it as well?
I can make a carb additive product for about $5 a gallon...most of that is the cost of the label and bottle. The idea here is to grow lots of excellent bud for as little $ as possible. donate some of the money you save from using molasses to a good cause :)

Only five pages to catch up, and a sweet read. Wonderful results 420fied, with basic lights & ingenuity.
BPN appears hugely impressive for its performance over-all, and especially for its price/value. Thanks BPN, for^ this gift concerning molasses :love: Your knowlege is professionally expert, and all you're trying to sell is the best deal on nutes I've seen this side of 25* sack-scale fertilizer. The zinger is: you've applied your hard-won @Aggie knowlege to our specialty crop in particular.
I'll buy some 2-part this week, and expect H&G Cocos performance for one fourth the price.

Threadjack Alert!

@BPN, can you check out this thread to see how much is valid?
Advanced Nutrient Management for hydroponic growers - by Lawrence Brooke

I thought most sounded reasonable, except when it mentions plants excreting waste through their roots. Thanks.

End of Threadjack!

That is a very good thread. and yes, roots exude many substances such as amino acids, sugars, organic acids, vitamins, nucleotides and many other unidentified substan-ces. These substances can affect the pH of your nutrient solution in hydroponics as well as the microorganisms in the rhizosphere (zone surrounding the roots) in soil. One thing that he didn't include is why the temperature of your nutrient solution is so important. Oxygen is most soluble at around 68-70 degrees F. just a factoid.

That is a very good thread. and yes, roots exude many substances such as amino acids, sugars, organic acids, vitamins, nucleotides and many other unidentified substan-ces. These substances can affect the pH of your nutrient solution in hydroponics as well as the microorganisms in the rhizosphere (zone surrounding the roots) in soil. One thing that he didn't include is why the temperature of your nutrient solution is so important. Oxygen is most soluble at around 68-70 degrees F. just a factoid.

Thanks for the information. It's nice to have an interactive sponsor, who also has credentials in plant science to answer these types of questions. Also, I picked up a jar of molasses today, thanks for the assist on that. Now, what to do about all of the cal/mag supplements?

Cal/mag, it depends on your water profile. If you are using hard water from your tap, it will contain a ton of Calcium and Magnesium so calmag is not necessarry. My 3-part has plenty of calcium and magnesium and I wouldn't add any calmag to it unless your leaves start to show signs of deficiency. epsom salts are great for adding magnesium. My MICRO has pplenty of calcium....one of the main ingredients is Calcium Nitrate.

I use R/O since my tap water is over 500 PPM, even after going through the R/O it's still in the 45~60 range. It's so hard that I literally have stalagmites growing from the water dispenser in the fridge door (where a few drops hit the lever). I figured it was better to R/O it and at least have a better idea of what I was working with. It's great for brewing beer though.

Ha, I brew beer as well! My favorite brew is one that i designed. It is a North German Altbier. I am all-grain and never use concentrates. Did you know that Hops and cannabis are in the same family?
yes, the cannabinoids in hops are supposed to give a mellowing/relaxing effect. I do all-grain in a triple-tier RIMS system, 10gal at a time. I have an IPA that is ready for kegging this week. I took some pics of it and posted it on one of my journals a few weeks back (Jozo-sha is a brewer too).

After reading the charts for 2-part on BPN site, I feel that there may be enough of everything. Enough with RO for the plants, but enough room to allow for extra cal/mag that medium-hard water adds.
I've looked at Hoagland solution and wondered if any variance was good. Recently I saw a BPN post, stating 4 to 1 ratio K to P encouraged 'rock-hard' buds. BPM, does this ratio occur from charted use of 2-part? I suspect that bloom boosters are meant mostly for dirt grows. I grow water-to-waste in coco coir.

I have a quick question. I'm wondering whether or not to add Silica Blast/CalMag, and Hydrogen Peroxide, and initially, Molasses to get the mycorrhizae in a feeding frenzy. I noticed ("I'm using(BPN) and Magical for the Cal/Mag supplement") that you were using things in addition to BP. Is that necessary, did the plants fail in some way that required additional supplements? I'm really interested, since my BP nutes are on the way, and it's an issue I'm addressing early. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom