2 Plant Jack Herer Fem, SCROG, DWC, COB LED Lights

Mine have been very agressive growers. I did a lot of topping and fim'ing and training to keep it under control. Your's are still a little small, once it takes hold watch out. If you go back to the start of this journal you can see the small progression, it really took off. But I'm also in hydro which helps accelerate that. The jack will stretch plenty, just give it time.

Mine have been very agressive growers. I did a lot of topping and fim'ing and training to keep it under control. Your's are still a little small, once it takes hold watch out. If you go back to the start of this journal you can see the small progression, it really took off. But I'm also in hydro which helps accelerate that. The jack will stretch plenty, just give it time.

Thanks, yeah i'm going coco next time.. watching the perfectsun guys plants on coco is just wtf amazing.. things get massive so fast.

New light seems to be helping a bit, it's early but i think it's going to lead to good things. I also brought a heater into the room the tent is in. It was dropping as low as 54 degrees in the tent on up to like say 62 with the lights on inside. The other morning I went in at 8:45am after lights on all night as it was 55 degrees. The room is now staying at the 61-62 degree realm now which I hope full keep them even happier for this end of flower time.

New light seems to be helping a bit, it's early but i think it's going to lead to good things. I also brought a heater into the room the tent is in. It was dropping as low as 54 degrees in the tent on up to like say 62 with the lights on inside. The other morning I went in at 8:45am after lights on all night as it was 55 degrees. The room is now staying at the 61-62 degree realm now which I hope full keep them even happier for this end of flower time.

Wow, how cold is the room the tent is in? I keep my house at 67 when home and with the lights on in the tent it's 80-82..

It's pretty much the same temp as inside the tent all the time. The lights add really pretty minimal heat at all to the actual temp of air even though I have a ton. The exhausts to the outside so any heat in the the air is sucked right out with ventilation blasting and with all the fans inside the tent as well. We did have a couple nights where it got down to like 35 outside with rainy cold days that never warmed it back up. Lights are on overnight so I feel like the plant thinks it's warm with the led even if it's really not technically, but I also figured that the cooler air can let the lights run a little closer and still keep happy plants, which they certainly seem to be.

Ahh.. i don't have my vent fan running yet.. waiting til they stink, so my tent gets toasty..

It's pretty much the same temp as inside the tent all the time. The lights add really pretty minimal heat at all to the actual temp of air even though I have a ton. The exhausts to the outside so any heat in the the air is sucked right out with ventilation blasting and with all the fans inside the tent as well. We did have a couple nights where it got down to like 35 outside with rainy cold days that never warmed it back up. Lights are on overnight so I feel like the plant thinks it's warm with the led even if it's really not technically, but I also figured that the cooler air can let the lights run a little closer and still keep happy plants, which they certainly seem to be.

Ok, well here we are on F51. Did a full res change to late bloom nutes last night at the end of F50. PH was 5.91 this morning, gave about 1/2ml ph down. Humidity and temps are awesome right now. It should be dry for the next week or two too so hopefully that'll help in this final run to the end.
They are uber frosty and it looks like some of the big pistils are darkening up a bit. Good signs. Buds just keep getting bigger. The front ones seem to be liking the new lights and are coming along better.

Pic time (spread over a couple days)
Let's start newest first. This was this morning right as the lights went off, was about to try to use the good camera to take pics and lights went out. Next time!

Then last night on F50:

This is a neat lookin flower top. It's really really hard to get a non-blurry pic of the very top of it. Pic doesn't do justice.

Here is a view up back on F49:

The smell is so good in the tent. Oh the stupid little mini-tower fan on the very right was leaking out a little bit of blue led light. It was faint but i pulled it out of the tent. I was in the dark trying to tape over it but it's sneaky and really hard to do in the dark in the tent in the scrog screen. Better to just pull it and not risk anything. I wonder how long it's been letting a little light out for.

Oh also on the clone front the roots have gotten bigger. There were 4 stems in there, two are super rooted, the biggest stem has a tiny tap root finally starting. I got some clone-x gel and dipped it and the other that hadn't grown anything in it and made some new water in the glass. Still used tap water but put in a little micro, a little gro, a little rapid start, ph'd it and then did a few drops of hydroguard and put

Ok, well here we are on F51. Did a full res change to late bloom nutes last night at the end of F50. PH was 5.91 this morning, gave about 1/2ml ph down. Humidity and temps are awesome right now. It should be dry for the next week or two too so hopefully that'll help in this final run to the end.
They are uber frosty and it looks like some of the big pistils are darkening up a bit. Good signs. Buds just keep getting bigger. The front ones seem to be liking the new lights and are coming along better.

Pic time (spread over a couple days)
Let's start newest first. This was this morning right as the lights went off, was about to try to use the good camera to take pics and lights went out. Next time!

Then last night on F50:

This is a neat lookin flower top. It's really really hard to get a non-blurry pic of the very top of it. Pic doesn't do justice.

Here is a view up back on F49:

The smell is so good in the tent. Oh the stupid little mini-tower fan on the very right was leaking out a little bit of blue led light. It was faint but i pulled it out of the tent. I was in the dark trying to tape over it but it's sneaky and really hard to do in the dark in the tent in the scrog screen. Better to just pull it and not risk anything. I wonder how long it's been letting a little light out for.

Oh also on the clone front the roots have gotten bigger. There were 4 stems in there, two are super rooted, the biggest stem has a tiny tap root finally starting. I got some clone-x gel and dipped it and the other that hadn't grown anything in it and made some new water in the glass. Still used tap water but put in a little micro, a little gro, a little rapid start, ph'd it and then did a few drops of hydroguard and put
Plants are looking great. If you ever want to add the fan back in, you shouldn’t have any issue with the little light. I have several monitors inside my tent with digital readings shining 24/7, doesn’t seem to affect anything.

That's good to know, it's minor and took like 10 or 15 minutes for my eyes to even adjust enough to see the slight reflection on the side of the tent as it moved. I was going to see about getting a dab of paint or something over the led if i can find it today. I did like having air blowing over on that side of the tent, glad to know it's probably ok to put back regardless.

Here was trying to get the top of that one flower, it reflected back so much light it was hard to get clear.

Quiet Sunday with the plants. However the PH has been dropping and needing up the last couple times checking on them. PH went as low as 5.41 I think it was. Then adjusted to 5.8 and it went down to like 5.5 this morning and back to 5.8. We'll see what it's at tonight. Probably going to top with plain ph'd water instead of nute water.

Also, thinking about other strains and a next grow and options, I picked up a little Lemon Jack and some XJ-13. They both looked really nice. Lemon Jack is lemon kush and jack herer, and it's strong as f and pretty awesome. XJ-13 isn't bad either. Had a smoke or two of each as flower, the lemon jack did have some lemon taste and is phenominal. Super heady and long lasting and fun. XJ is less dramatic but good too.

Not being one who really cares for smoking flower, I dislike the smoke taste and lingering smell on your clothes and ash cleaning and everything. So you know I gotta smash it and make some rosin with these frosty nugs. I haven't made any in a little while, have a ton of blueberry a friend gave me but had a nasty/no cure and while it kicks like a mule, is uber harsh and even in rosin was a nightmare and not worth pressing. Good stuff is so much nicer!

I got this before I knew about this site or that they were a sponsor, but so glad they are and I can show off my sweet Dabpress.

Nice easy setup. Got a 20-ton harbor freight press for $139 bucks with the right coupon. It's great on the sturdy 4wheel dolly cause I can roll it away and off to the side when not in use, and it's still nice and stable.

The caged dabpress is super legit. It's heavy and retains heat well, seems pretty even with heating. Having the plates always perfectly lined up was for sure the right call. I waffled over it buying deciding on the non caged for less or this, and super glad I spent a little more upfront. And this is way cheaper than a lot of other brands too but so far the quality is there!

Slick pre-presses depending on how much I'm trying to squish. The 2x4 works great with the filter bags. The dabpress one makes little disks with looser stuff.

The lemon jack...

Didn't feel like using a filter bag, it was so nice and just doing a little bit.
Did a few different presses with just nugs, then did a no filter bag disk with the last 2 nugs and any pieces that fell.

Then felt like being quicker with the XJ-13. Had 3gr of that so I broke it up a little and put it in a 90 micron and trimmed it down and then prepressed it a bit.

Squished it out and it did pretty well. Also did a second pressing of the disk after and got a bit more out there as well.

Got it all collected up and into silicons. Perfect consistency. The lemon jack is AMAZING. It's sweet and lemony and super easy on the quartz banger with enail. Really strong too, a little dab goes a long way. It's so so much nicer than burning it as flower.

Anyhow, the girls are looking awesome. The temps have all been in the 61-71 degrees in the tent and the humidity about 36% which I'm pretty happy about.

Figured I might as well have that red light in there, can't hurt right. I actually ended with it more in the center between. It's lit up a ton of lower bud sites that won't complain about more light at all. I figure I'll rotate it around until harvest time.

Oh yeah, was going to post a closer up pic of it too. =)

Quiet Sunday with the plants. However the PH has been dropping and needing up the last couple times checking on them. PH went as low as 5.41 I think it was. Then adjusted to 5.8 and it went down to like 5.5 this morning and back to 5.8. We'll see what it's at tonight. Probably going to top with plain ph'd water instead of nute water.

Also, thinking about other strains and a next grow and options, I picked up a little Lemon Jack and some XJ-13. They both looked really nice. Lemon Jack is lemon kush and jack herer, and it's strong as f and pretty awesome. XJ-13 isn't bad either. Had a smoke or two of each as flower, the lemon jack did have some lemon taste and is phenominal. Super heady and long lasting and fun. XJ is less dramatic but good too.

Not being one who really cares for smoking flower, I dislike the smoke taste and lingering smell on your clothes and ash cleaning and everything. So you know I gotta smash it and make some rosin with these frosty nugs. I haven't made any in a little while, have a ton of blueberry a friend gave me but had a nasty/no cure and while it kicks like a mule, is uber harsh and even in rosin was a nightmare and not worth pressing. Good stuff is so much nicer!

I got this before I knew about this site or that they were a sponsor, but so glad they are and I can show off my sweet Dabpress.

Nice easy setup. Got a 20-ton harbor freight press for $139 bucks with the right coupon. It's great on the sturdy 4wheel dolly cause I can roll it away and off to the side when not in use, and it's still nice and stable.

The caged dabpress is super legit. It's heavy and retains heat well, seems pretty even with heating. Having the plates always perfectly lined up was for sure the right call. I waffled over it buying deciding on the non caged for less or this, and super glad I spent a little more upfront. And this is way cheaper than a lot of other brands too but so far the quality is there!

Slick pre-presses depending on how much I'm trying to squish. The 2x4 works great with the filter bags. The dabpress one makes little disks with looser stuff.

The lemon jack...

Didn't feel like using a filter bag, it was so nice and just doing a little bit.
Did a few different presses with just nugs, then did a no filter bag disk with the last 2 nugs and any pieces that fell.

Then felt like being quicker with the XJ-13. Had 3gr of that so I broke it up a little and put it in a 90 micron and trimmed it down and then prepressed it a bit.

Squished it out and it did pretty well. Also did a second pressing of the disk after and got a bit more out there as well.

Got it all collected up and into silicons. Perfect consistency. The lemon jack is AMAZING. It's sweet and lemony and super easy on the quartz banger with enail. Really strong too, a little dab goes a long way. It's so so much nicer than burning it as flower.

Anyhow, the girls are looking awesome. The temps have all been in the 61-71 degrees in the tent and the humidity about 36% which I'm pretty happy about.

Figured I might as well have that red light in there, can't hurt right. I actually ended with it more in the center between. It's lit up a ton of lower bud sites that won't complain about more light at all. I figure I'll rotate it around until harvest time.

I’m about to get a rosin press set up and you’ve just answered a question I had on what’s the difference in the caged plate kit. Totally make sense now. Real nice set up and lovely looking rosin. Bet you can’t wait to squeeze your own.

There are so many. You don't burn any plant matter so it's not 'smokey'. So think of the good tastes and remove the burning taste and you just get the good left. It's way easier on the lungs, you can have one dab and be good to go. No sticky fingers from rolling a joint or grinding flower or ice in a bong and having to flush it out after cause the ash gets nasty, or having to deal with ash at all really is freaking great. You can have some and it's not lingering all over your clothes or even breath. You can have it in your house and not need a window open or have anyone else even on the same couch bothered by it. I have an enail so I can leave it on the little rig day/night if desired and as many people that want some can have it and it's always ready to go. It's also nice cause you can have a little bit of as many strains as you want without loosing track of ground flower, or grinding too much and having the stuff left dry out.
It's also fantastic in a simple dual quartz coil pen. Take it anywhere and it's super discreet, and a little goes such a long way it's easy to have plenty to last a week or two for 2 people in your wallet or something. Or say a long hike/walk that'll take 5 hours. Easy to bring and enjoy as much as desired with no one the wiser.

I just find it to be overall way way more pleasant than smoking it for basically every reason. I will every once in a while, but it's more for the novelty anymore.

I’m about to get a rosin press set up and you’ve just answered a question I had on what’s the difference in the caged plate kit. Totally make sense now. Real nice set up and lovely looking rosin. Bet you can’t wait to squeeze your own.

Yeah bolts keep it centered and have springs which holds it spread apart all nice, and perfectly lines it up so you have a good even pressured go each time. It would get really old really fast not having that part doing it's thing. Sliding in the parchment with the material right where you want it and holding it and pressing down and keeping it lined up is plenty of coordination at once for me.

I realllllllly can't wait to squish my own!! It's so frosty already and smells so good, it's gonna be awesome.

Ok so last night, F55 I did a good bit of leaf trimming. Everything is coming along well, ph stabilized and nutes calmed down. Did a couple leaves trimming that were looking kind rough and that were just really in the way mid canopy. Did a little more, I think the plant liked it. This was over the last few days, 4 leaves here and there. I did a good bit last night, light is really doing better getting to a lot of lower buds. I think it's ok this late in flower right? I'd love to trim some more tonight too. It was looking good this morning after the haircut.

More important question, should I do more tonight now and really light up all the buds?

F55 before trim:

And after:

There are a ton of lower sites that some of the bigger cola leaves are still really blocking. At this point I'm thinking it's better to let some light all thru. I wish I could get a decent enough pic as what you can see thru with eyes. Some of the tips on the leaves got a little unhappy, I used ro water with calmag and ph'd to top it the last couple gallons and it seems pretty happy. 970ppm or so I think it was at now.

So, trim more?

Also for fun a now more visible super frosty way lower site that I had to take a close up of just to see it wasn't something bad it was so frosty.

F56 - Well I trimmed another 20 or so leaves. It's looking so freakin good! It's really getting so nice all over. But now the question is this, how much longer do they have. The nute schedule has a week of 'ripen' phase nutes then a week flush. I am due to probably do a res swap tomorrow evening, it's been a week. Do I stick with late bloom nutes or go to ripen. Some look cloudy? Surely the lower stuff that got more light now would love more time with light. Going to throw up a few trich pics then a few plant pics.

How long would you guess till harvest time here?

And a few other shots of the girls, I think I should have taken better close up not magnified individual cola pics next time. Maybe try to get right at lights out again too.

They are missing how frosted they are.

Few closer bud pics from this morning. I guess today is F57. Still need to decide what nutes to run tonight. Added 1/2tsp of mammoth P this morning and did 1tsp of floranectar last night.

Back
Top Bottom