2 Plant Jack Herer Fem, SCROG, DWC, COB LED Lights

Trimming is truly as tedious as said to be. Whew! At least it smells sweet and amazing!

I got it as well, your posts sold me!

Do you have a read on on your temp and RH where the plants are hanging? If you can keep it ~70F (+/- a few degrees) and 55-63%RH you’re money. If that’s the current environment, don’t get too antsy, just let them hang and chill. You can enjoy the nightmare that is trimming later, no rush. Going to end up with some killer weed man with a good dry/ cure.

It's in the upper 60's and ~52% ish, but changes a bit with the time of day. I have a little room dehumidifer that does very little running maybe i should turn off.

Oh yeah, I did turn the exhaust off a few hours ago actually =) Was thinking about cycling it on the timer

Yeah, I think they did even with somewhat continued neglect and crappy lighting lol. I gotta change out their res water tonight and was going to put them under some real lights and see how much more it takes off. But still living and doing ok!

Well here are a couple pics I didn't get up there of the final day and some hanging.
20190308_221609.jpg
20190308_221634.jpg
20190308_222952.jpg
20190308_223107.jpg
20190309_182501.jpg

Had to do a bunch of rows top and bottom. The scrog frame was quite useful, making a taller top one would have been better than hanging across the tent I think even.
20190313_201727.jpg

20190313_201649.jpg

Thanks!! I think I learned, well knew pretty quickly after the flip that 2 plants in a 2x4 was probably too much. I think I should have just done a single one in that size space and let it be a little more of a monster and allowed all the branches to separate more and allow more light all the way thru. I'm thinking about building a little 5x5 room or something for a next grow. I'm very curious to trim all the bud off and see how much yield I got out of this, it feels like there should be more even though I guess in total there is a fair amount.

I got some mason jar lids with built in thermometer and hygrometers. Put some 62% bovedas in and they have been sitting there with just those for a few days. They are all reading 58-60% even with the 62's inside. I guess I just count wherever they are as the 62% baseline and adjust accordingly.
20190311_121521.jpg

Wow that’s some fancy jars. Very nice. On my first run I did the exact same system. 4 plants in two totes with the pump and manifold for top watering. You quickly realise it’s too much of a squeeze. Great for singles though.

So I got 2 different sets. The Hydropics (quad cob) are freaking killer for veg, killer! and run silent and cool. They were actually good in flower too I think, but the biggest issue is coverage when you have em down close. I obviously really really filled in the whole tent and added the extra 3 light cob right at the end. All of them were hanging out at like 10-12" and there wasn't leaf burn which is great, but some of the outsides then got less. I think what I'd do next with this tent is leave all of them and really train more for the light situation and with 2 plants veg less and really aim them optimally. I ended up trying to raise them some after the stretch to spread the light more. For 89 bucks a light though, not bad at all. The newer 3 cob for sure puts out a bit more heat and maybe more light. It's using a full 220w draw for the 3 cobs. I need to put one of the other ones on the killowatt to see their draw, I'll do that tonight and report back.

Wow that’s some fancy jars. Very nice. On my first run I did the exact same system. 4 plants in two totes with the pump and manifold for top watering. You quickly realise it’s too much of a squeeze. Great for singles though.

Yeah 4 plants would have been crazy. I really realized how small a 2x4 tent is. I think 2 in the tub would be fine in a 4x4 and then give them some canopy room and it'd be great. That and the stupid 5 foot height of the tent reallllllly didn't make life easier. I have a clone going really well in a bucket I might toss in as a single to try to grow one big monster with. Well I have the one great happy clone, and the frankenclone which is coming into it's own soon here I think, it was a little bit into flower and has taken some time to go back to veg fully and it needed more nutes. I was going super low like they were seedlings not like they were more developed clones that want some real nutes. Changed to some better strong veg nutes and it instantly perked up more and got more green and happy.

Not sure if I should leave in single buckets or what to do. I like the theory of RDWC but like every journal with a setup for that seems to have at least one catastrophic leak/flood which doesn't sound great to deal with either. Guess there are tradeoffs with anything.

Just plugged one in and got 210watts. So pretty much what they were said they should be drawing they are, so that's good.

Here's the current clone situation. The shorter on the left is the grafted pair, the one on the right is the now really well growing single clone. I left the nutes too light and some of the leaves got pretty pale on the graft one. Adding the good new nutes in has seen it getting it's color back more and more. I know it looks rough right now, but it'll get there. I think it's also really repairing from the major graft so it's working on getting better established roots too so it'll hopefully kick into gear in a bit. The left side of it still has trics on the the leaves and a teeny little budsite as well as it progresses back to veg. I think it's going to keep on keeping on though. Hopefully I'll get em under better lights by sunday. Might need to top the right side clone too, it's shooting up in height with these weak lights.
20190315_172750.jpg
20190315_172820.jpg
20190315_172824.jpg
20190315_172827.jpg

Ok, so time for an update. Dry trimmed and been curing in half-gallon jars with 62% boveda packs. The smell is out of this world good when I open it. Sweet and so good!!
20190318_232932.jpg
20190323_111626.jpg

The humidity has pretty well stabilized and it's looking really good so I decided it was testing time. I have a lot of jack shatter and had some high expectations/hopes for this. Ground up a few nugs and did a bong run....smooth and thick and not harsh. And my wife and I both are super high off it. Really clean and heady and awesome. I think I'll press some into rosin tomorrow as well. They are so frosty, I bet the yield on pressing is going to be really good. I need to take a few magnified pics out of the jars too, but here are a few.

20190323_111717.jpg
20190323_111659.jpg

SO GOOD!! mmm

And the clones are rollin along. Moved them into the tent so they are actually getting real light and a timer. Haven't been doing much with them though and I think calmag maybe got a little low. New growth is rollin good though and the roots are looking really really fantastic. On the tall single they are probably 3 feet long, and the grafted frankenclone is getting roots out all sides so I think it might really be something cool. I like how tight the node spacing is on it too. The single was getting pretty tall so I topped it a night ago. Did a res change.
20190323_104411.jpg

The roots have really exploded nicely here in the last few days. It's seeming to finally be flipped back more into veg state finally since they we're taken like a week into flower light.
20190323_104405.jpg

The rosin from this is awesome!! Pressed a few grams out and it's insanely potent and smooth and tasty. Really happy with it. Few random nug pics, going to look for a couple good one to take real pics of.
20190323_142206.jpg
20190323_143039.jpg
20190323_143105.jpg
20190327_215458.jpg
20190327_220018.jpg
20190327_220148.jpg
20190327_220152.jpg

Don't mind the little black flecks of burned stuff from the dab tool =)
20190328_184029.jpg

Back
Top Bottom