2 pound harvest every month- grow strategies

ejb2219

Im moving into my new place in about a month, and I want to get my diagram set up now so I can get started right away. My goal is roughly 2 pounds of dried, cured bud every month. I am looking for numerous different ways that you experienced growers believe that I can achieve this goal, whether it is through alot of smaller plants, or fewer bigger plants. This is what I plan on having.......
Roughly 40 square feet total for a flowering section, and a smaller vegetative area. Right now I only have one 400 watt hps/mh lamp that I plan on using for vegetation, but I plan on getting (2) 600 watt hps lamps for flowering. I will construct four sides to the flowering section and line them all with reflective mylar. And I want a soil grow, no hydroponics for now. The 40 square feet is including both the flowering and vegetative section. If you guys can give any of your strategies to achieve my goal of 2 pounds of dried bud every month that would be great. I was planning on 30 square feet for flowering 30 plants at a time(15 of the plants will be in their last month of flowering, and the other 15 will just have been put in from vegetation. The more strategies the better so I can decide which option would be best for me. Thanks

It will never happen with 40 sq/ft bro, I wish it would but it wont. There are various techniques to employ to maximize your yield but thats after tweaking everything. Bottom IMO you need aprox 6000 watts of HID and MAYBE 180-220 sq ft. prob more....and 9 ft cielings,not to mention all the other equipment and supplies. I think its a pipedream unless your well funded and VERY motivatted..BUT...........2 lbs a month will sure fix my anxiety.

AGREE easier to do with a very nice BUDget

2lbs cured a month equals roughly 16 plants harvested a month. Which means aproximately 40 plants in flower at any one time. Can't do it with 40 sq. ft.
40 sq. ft.= either one 1000w or 2 600w, about 15 plants,harvest 5 per month equals about 10 ounces per month.

Nah, I don't think it can be done in that time frame with 2 600w lamps.

I'm growing big ol' LST'd sativas and under perfect conditions, they're gonna take 10-11 weeks to flower to maturity. My temps were kinda low during the last grow and I flowered closer to 12-13 weeks. I'm getting an average of ~5oz from each plant and I can grow 4 of those under a 600w HPS in a 5x5 area.

You may be able get 1 pound+ every 6 weeks or so, if you staggered your vegging and flowering times properly. You also have to consider cloning/vegging times in the schedule. You'll have to find a strain that will be ready to flower after six weeks of vegging and still give you 4-5oz per plant.

Perhaps if you found a fast maturing, high yielding F1 Indica cross, you might do a little better. Although, I think "fast maturing" and "high yielding" are traits that can work against one another.

Another issue is that you'll be going through lots of grow medium, unless you figure out a good way to recycle it.

Good luck!!

:peace:

Harry

I agree with harry, The medium for soil grows can get pricy over a long period of time with small use or short term grow with big consuption.
I think you could get a decent ammount of bud per harvest if you stagger your harvest times enough. Another way to grow efffiviently in a small space is SCROG and LST. You can up your yeild in a big area using tehse techniques too, but thats a lot of attention and lots of maintaining for that many regular plants. Ide think of how you plan to keep your ladies in tip top shape with as many of them as you want. Remeber, only happy ladies in a perfect setting will yeild high even if its a great strain. My theory is its not the strain, its how you grow it. Refering to the quality of bud and ammount you will recieve. My second grow was seed from a schwag bag and yeilded pretty good bud.
Plus, dont forget that pests will run rampid in a highly occupied grow space...
Hope all of this information is taken as constructive criticism. Hell try what you think will work and prove all of us wrong if you can, we will admire you if you can complete this feat.:slide:

I would say that 2 LBS a month in a 40sq ft space with only 2 600W HIDs and considering this 40 sq ft area is Veg & Flower is pretty much impossible unless as someone pointed out you could grow as tall as you wanted. But then if you grow plants 8-9ft tall you could only have 4-5 plants in that space if they filled out to roughly their natural size.

The only way to have consistent harvest is as others pointed out staging Veg & Flower times appropriately I am currently filling my pipeline with 5 plants staggered every 2 weeks under several lights in the flower room which will get me up to that range, hopefully more, you were hoping but I also have a much larger Flow/Veg room and more lights.

As far as strains you will definitely want an Indica strain for your grow to maximize Oz/plant something of the like of a Big Bud/Blue berry/etc...

Thats my 2cents but as eBUD pointed out prove all us wrong...regardless enjoy the grow...

L8R,
Grooven420

I was thinking about this... if you could utilize garage door rails and with some handy dandy craftsmen working. You could have yourself two railed lights. This may be a good way to "stretch" your light as much as possible. Because two stationary lights, even if on a circular light movers, will only light up swp much area.
The question is, how can you do this without making the plants going hermi? Does anyone know? I dont know if the light would dissipate too much, when at one of the ends of the rail, for the plants on the opposite end to still bennefit from it without adverse effects. Am i thinking about this too much or am i onto something?

Well whatever i just rambled out may help someone, or confuse them. Hope someone can follow me on that lol PEACE

I've never heard anyone say that using light-movers had any affect on a plant's tendency to turn hermaphrodite.

If someone was going to redneck their own light mover, I might suggest power-window motors from an automobile. Power windows are quieter than any automatic garage door that I've heard in operation.

I don't think that even with light movers two 600-watt lights in 40 total square feet is going to net 2 (dry) pounds per month.

That's 24 pounds per year in a maximum of six(?) harvests and that assumes that enough of the space would be given over to mothers/clones/vegging that there could be perpetual staggered flowering.

While they say that anything is possible, some things are a whole lot less probable than others.

sounds like a good goal

So is being able to walk on water. But out of the estimated 107 billion people that have ever lived, only one ever managed it.

ejb2219, the odds just aren't really in your favor on this one.

A far more realistic goal would be to try five or ten harvests, varying your growing style each time until you find the style that works best for you and to pay attention to everything that happens along the way. Keep excellent records and at the end of your tenth harvest you might have some reliable estimate as to what, how, and how much you will need to reach your 2lb. per month.

And the best thing is, you'll have fun and get to smoke (etc.) your experiments all along the way!

Google: Stinkbud System harvest 3 pounds every 3 weeks
Coming to a High Times Mag near you (june or july issue 2009)

Just found it. The title of his monster thread is Harvest A Pound Every Three Weeks. He says his yield comes from a 7' x 8' closet. Three pounds from a staggered nine week flowering cycle is certainly respectable, but that only works out to 48 ounces in 56 square feet. Most people who've been doing it for a while get kind of disgruntled if they can't at least break an ounce per square foot. But since he is feeding ten different strains from the same reservoir, some plants will of course be overfed and some will be asking for more. And with two 1000-watt HPS fixtures in that space he's only illuminating his grow to the tune of about 35 watts per square foot - at just over 5,178 lumens per (maximum theoretical with no electrical losses and bulbs less than two or three months old) does he even need the CO2?. Conditions like those make his yield even more respectable - and also show how there would be room for improvement if he wanted to "bulk up" his lights to ~100 watts per square foot and set up individual feeding tanks for each strain (or set of strains) that have different peak feeding requirements.

TS,sorry about that!Relying on my faulty>buzzed< memory.I think on page 75 of that post is a link to a condensed list of everything he did including photo's,diagrams & parts list's to everything he's got going.He even lists the nutes & what ppm's he's running & his homemade cloning machine.As close to a turn key setup as I've ever seen.
I'm sure some tweaking will increase yields,as you've pointed out,but I think he keeps his plant count down to stay legal as a care provider in Cal.

It's all relative. He's growing more strains than I grew plants a time or two lol.

But I applaud his motives - feel the same way myself, actually.

And it's a simple, easy-to-follow method that would suit many folks.

If you are a member of "that other site," you might PM stinkbud and invite him to share his method with the good members of 420magazine.

lo WORD. Any advice between growers/competitors will either come easy or not at all. Lets watch and wait

someone should post the link on here i wanna see too

We don't link to other forums here, currently it is against the guidelines.

With 2 600's 13 square feet I pulled about 1.25 pounds in 12 weeks. this was in DR150W tent.

If you replicated this same setup so you had 3 of them filling 39square feet and used a 3-4 week staggered flower cycle for each tent IMO the best you will get is about 1-1.5 pounds every 4 weeks or so. That is really pushing it.

Back
Top Bottom