2 Up Pots In 3 Weeks: Gorilla Glue Autos

I am of the firm belief that all these special rules about autos are just marketing hype, designed to take an inferior product (autos) and sell it as an easier and faster to grow version of cannabis that even takes less nutes as an added bonus. Why wouldn't the consumer prefer autos? Never mind that they are genetically going to be smaller and less potent than their photo cousins...

a plant is a plant is a plant... don't tell the marketing folks that though.
I am going back thru the thread and just noticing your comment that auto’s are less potent than photos.
During all my research about auto’s I don’t think I read that from any other source.
Is that common knowledge that I missed ?

Day # 48.
It’s raining , warm and Sunday.
A late morning wake & bake w/ my 2 month cured WW/AK
sets me in the right frame of mind.
The girls are ready for a good deep drink
so we roll them out , but decide to take some photos.
The pots are very light every 2 days now
and being fed every 4 days.
No sign of lockouts , discoloration or pests .
Just a bit of burn on leaf tips.
AE09D00C-2CA1-4018-A4AA-0211495426C4.png
09B52D25-6411-4A19-85CB-C768401CD576.png
449B07C6-C469-410F-9C85-1B9A113A22B2.png
11FD13DA-AEF6-459B-8A04-8DD739E0A540.png
B03FD2E9-5412-4DE5-9D2E-1F0B445882D7.png
C00205C1-CDBA-4635-80A4-31E05D976567.png
ADA5B68D-2E10-4B46-BA2B-E7AB83A0422A.png
210B251A-A3EB-4E6D-8CBC-D9C78C8E507D.png
0D7A0CAA-2670-4162-9701-093E8B6EEE08.png

Some of the healthiest plants I have grown.
Certainly not monsters , but beautiful buds forming everywhere possible.
Over the last week , I have slowly defoliated most of the low stuff and select foliage .
They are still growing vertically, but have slowed down.
Most of the energy appears to be going toward bud growth :passitleft:
Plants look amazing!!!! I'll be starting on my GG auto grow soon and I really appreciate you journal. Thank you :snowboating: I have no real experience with up potting, but I can see that has to change. What size pot did you use for up potting and final. Thanks again Brother:passitleft:

Not taking anything away from your grow or your plants...but just because the same things can be said about photoperiod plants, they can't be said for the same reasons. Anyone with the time and either the expertise or good advice can have success with photoperiod plants. The same cannot be said for autos because of their internal clock.
I read this a few times.
Are u saying a grower cannot have success w/ auto’s because of the internal clock ?
I am confused. And stoned.

Plants look amazing!!!! I'll be starting on my GG auto grow soon and I really appreciate you journal. Thank you :snowboating: I have no real experience with up potting, but I can see that has to change. What size pot did you use for up potting and final. Thanks again Brother:passitleft:
I ended up w/ 5 gal bags although lots of folks stick w/ 3 gal.
I started the seed in 4”x4” square and moved up to an 8” round pot.
All done before Day # 20. The root system was very advanced prior to each move.
But.....the more common practice would only up pot one time.
Many start and finish in the same pot , so be careful.

I read this a few times.
Are u saying a grower cannot have success w/ auto’s because of the internal clock ?
I am confused. And stoned.

I ended up w/ 5 gal bags although lots of folks stick w/ 3 gal.
I started the seed in 4”x4” square and moved up to an 8” round pot.
All done before Day # 20. The root system was very advanced prior to each move.
But.....the more common practice would only up pot one time.
Many start and finish in the same pot , so be careful.
I know. Everything I've read says 3g is big enough, but I don't have your experience and I'm not sure if those plants would look like that in 3g. I planned on growing four autos GG which I have seeds already, buy was thinking about buying another strain. Maybe I will do two in 3g and two in 5g. Thanks brother

I read this a few times.
LOL not at all! You asked if your statement was right and I said it wasn't:
Some folks have no success w/ auto’s what so ever.
The very same things can be said about photo period plants .
Right ?
Just because some folks have no success with autos and some have no success with photos does not make them comparable. As I mentioned, anyone with the time and either the expertise or good advice can have success with photoperiod plants.

But not anyone with time and expertise/advice can be successful with autos because of their internal clock. Time is always against you with an auto.

I am going back thru the thread and just noticing your comment that auto’s are less potent than photos.
During all my research about auto’s I don’t think I read that from any other source.
Is that common knowledge that I missed ?
I have only read it somewhere myself, so I don't know. My knowledge on this subject , due to the fact that I don't grow autos, is also limited by what I have read. I would like to hear @InTheShed 's response to this question. But, when you think about it, it makes sense that it is true. If you cross a known photo line with a ruderalis plant, which is a fast growing northern climate scrawny little plant that barely produces THC, would anyone of logical mind expect the result of this union to be more powerful than the original photo? If the offspring takes on the fast growing and not caring about the light period aspects of this inferior parent, wouldn't it stand to reason that it might also not be able to produce the same quality?

Of course you won't read about this from any of the breeders... they want you to buy auto seeds. Based on what has been said above though, apparently with enough experience it is possible to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse, so maybe again, saying it three times makes it true and in the final analysis a plant is a plant is a plant.

looking for suggestions. I love the couch lock. My wife on the other hand doesn't smoke very often, but when she does, she likes a real cerebral high. She calls it cleaner pot. I planning to grow 2 GG autos, but would like to grow a couple Cerebral Autos at the same time . Any Ideas what may work in same tent as my GG autos?:Namaste:

looking for suggestions. I love the couch lock. My wife on the other hand doesn't smoke very often, but when she does, she likes a real cerebral high. She calls it cleaner pot. I planning to grow 2 GG autos, but would like to grow a couple Cerebral Autos at the same time . Any Ideas what may work in same tent as my GG autos?:Namaste:
One option would be to harvest one plant early.
When trichs are mostly cloudy , w/ NO amber.
A sativa dominant strain would be the obvious choice.

Thanks for the info Cig.
Do u remember how many days to harvest from seedlings. ?

If I recall she was right around 12 weeks from sprout to harvest. She popped on 5-21 and I harvested around the second week of August. Didn't write down the harvest day unfortunately. I usually harvest around 10% to 20% amber. She has a real nice uplifting cerebral high with only a little couch lock, usually where I like it. Pretty potent too, one of my strongest yet.

If I recall she was right around 12 weeks from sprout to harvest. She popped on 5-21 and I harvested around the second week of August. Didn't write down the harvest day unfortunately. I usually harvest around 10% to 20% amber. She has a real nice uplifting cerebral high with only a little couch lock, usually where I like it. Pretty potent too, one of my strongest yet.
Sounds about where I am @ 9 weeks , one plant might be ready in 3 weeks ?
Unless there is a drastic change , I suspect the other 2 will go longer.
I really appreciate your comments :passitleft:

No problem!
3 more weeks sounds about right if you are at 9 now, more if you like more euphoric and with more couch lock . Keep an eye on the trichromes though, those will tell you when it is ready to your liking most accurately.

I chopped Roxie yesterday morning at the first sign of amber on the buds.
The change really occurred over night as I have been seeing amber on the leafs
but yesterday morning the amber was all over the tops.
The lower growth not so much but I decided to chop the entire plant .
Washed , hung to dry for a couple hours and trimmed .
Weighed out at 490 grams of trimmed slightly
D4525E44-D2AB-4852-BA96-D7465768B1F1.jpeg
CF2579AC-FA39-4A13-9E13-DBBA2EBFE461.jpeg
FE3D3697-4A7D-4C09-8ACC-777E4EE8A0FB.jpeg
wet buds .
Paper bagged and into fridge to start the LowSlow Drying method.

Can't wait to see how other two girls weigh in. Great Job!!!! :adore:
How and why do you wash?
What light are the girls under?
The other two are probably a week or so away .
The majority of pistils are still white and trichs are predominantly clear.
But the colas are really fattening up. They are looking good.
My last grow ( started on 4 - 20 ) was the first time I was involved in the 420 forums and came across
the bud washing idea. My first thoughts were skeptical to say the least.
After research , I decided to try it and after a dozen harvests , all included washing buds , I see no negatives and all positives .
Yesterday , I simply used 2 5 gal buckets w/ hot tap water in one and cold tap water in the other.
I dip in and out of water for about 20 seconds and immediately hang attached to stems.
I use a fan blowing directly on them for a couple hours , until the buds feel slightly damp.
Then I trim and place in paper sacks ( barely covering bottom of sack , and into fridge.
I had no insect , mold issues.
The other harvests I used 4 buckets.
First bucket had a cup of hydrogen peroxide
2cd bucket w/ lemon juice and baking soda
3rd hot tap water
4th cold tap water.
I grow lots of veggies in my gardens .
I always wash the produce before consuming.
I have
F03D8FE3-E818-4541-8A74-CADC8C335CBA.png
B10984F9-17E0-4D3A-B005-FB501290CF7C.png
67AD23B8-38AF-4573-B44F-BF4518BE16CD.png
64C435EA-23CD-45F9-A647-79CBED7ECAB2.jpeg
2 LED’s that generate 770 watts at the wall.

Back
Top Bottom