2 Week Old Seedlings - Please Help!

1sttimesocal

Hi! I'm on the second week of my first grow with two seedlings in 18 oz solo cups. I used XLR8's germination technique using a Root Riot tray and transplanted to solo cups full of coco when the seedlings were a week old. I gave them their first nutrient feeding (10 ml coco A / 10 ml coco B / 2 ml CalMag / 1 gallon RO water) and they seemed to be doing well. I have been misting them about once a day with RO water when the top 1 1/2 inches of coco dries out. Just for added information, I have them under one 105 watt 6500k CFL bulb and one 65 watt 6500k CFL bulb -- I switch which plant is under which light once a day (just in case).

Yesterday, the leaves of my Chocolope Kush seedling started to wilt and droop downward. After some research, I figured this was due to overwatering, and I held off on watering them for a day. Meanwhile, the leaves of my White Russian were looking healthy, although mostly reaching upwards toward the light (not stretching, per se, it's more that the leaves hadn't fanned out yet).

Today, the Chocolope looks much worse (even more wilted and droopy) and the White Russian has started to look poorly too -- the leaves have started to curl on top of themselves and moved downward.

I fed the plants nutrients today -- the second feeding of their lives -- 15 ml coco A / 15 ml coco B / 4 ml CalMag / 1 gallon RO water. Now I'm waiting to see if there's any positive change.

Can anyone give me some advice on what I might be doing wrong? I'm planning on transplanting them outside, but don't want to shock them just yet due to this new development. Have I not been feeding them enough nutrients? Am I watering too much? Too little? Is it a humidity problem? I've done a lot of reading online and can't seem to diagnose what's going on. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thank you...

Chocolope Kush - 6.24.14
chocolope6_24_14.JPG

Chocolope Kush 6.25.14
chocolope6_25_14.JPG

White Russian - 6.24.14
whiterussian6_24_14.JPG

White Russian 6.25.14
whiterussian6_25_14.JPG

Grow Room
growroom6_25_14.JPG

Re: 2 Week Old Seedlings -- PLEASE HELP!

nut burn too much a&b u need 4ml an a gal without cal mag buy a ppm meter 350ppm for seadlings my are 9 days old and are 4times as big i watered today 1.3ml//l a and b with 4ml/l rzotonik that is abaut 5.2ml ab and 16ml rizo on gal
cannarizotonik for seadlings you can use yust the rizo for the first 3 days from seed and than 300 to 350 ppm a and b and abaut 16ml of rizo a gal i dont know im from eu we use lters and a gal is abaut 4l
that is what i use the first weekor two then i add some canna zym f you don t have it i recomande you buy it

Thanks for the response, think difrent. I'm not sure it's nute burn mostly because they were only fed nutrients once and initially responded really well to them. I fed them a few hours ago for the second time (15 ml A & B / 1 gallon) based on the instructions on the back of the Canna Coco A & B bottles. Not sure why the calculator on the Canna website says differently than the back of the bottle.

Hey brightlight! I agree, I think I read some bad information online, or possibly misinterpreted what I read. I had been misting my solo cups once or twice a day with a spray bottle, when I saw the first 1 1/2 inches of the medium were dry. But misting may not have provided enough water.

Four hours after their feeding, the White Russian seems to be doing better -- it's leaves are funning out and have uncurled. The Chocolope Kush doesn't look any different. I'll wait and see for a change.

Any other advice on what could be causing the issue and what can be done about it???

The system I`m using works for me;I have sort of tent made of whie plastic [?]
I have a trasy inside with my seedlings in paper cups and 8 28 watt cfl`s a few inches above them.
I use tap water with a bit of Superghrive [B1] to begin with;when they`re 3-4 " tall I add some
GH Maxigrow...very mild to begin with.
Also,i have kept the humidity high with a damp roll of TP,but let the soil dry out before re-watering.
Now that they are 4" tall,i have begun hardening them off;should be ready to go into the ground soon.
Hope this is helpful ...

IMG_2296_1_.JPG
IMG_2296_1_.JPG
IMG_2296_1_.JPG

The system I`m using works for me;I have sort of tent made of whie plastic [?]
I have a trasy inside with my seedlings in paper cups and 8 28 watt cfl`s a few inches above them.
I use tap water with a bit of Superhrive [B1] to begin with;when they`re 3-4 " tall I add some
GH Maxigrow...very mild to begin with.
Also,i have kept the humidity high with a damp roll of TP,but let the soil dry out before re-watering.
Now that they are 4" tall,i have begun hardening them off;should be ready to go into the ground soon.
Hope this is helpful ...

the instruc. on the botle like most info. you read are for flowering plants 10ml a and b o a gal. is to much a and b i use abaut 4ml a gal with rizotonik for growing in coco. how high s your ph .....ph is very very very inportant for growing in coco and that smal cups should never dry out never than when you transplat tha they should
they respondet good to the feading because seadling till the second set of leaves will grow fine what ever you give them because they dont need enything only water and that is what they will take when they started feding thet is when the problem occurred right ? and from the they grown min. right? .....
otis youre growing soil you cant compere this... your plants look great how old from germinated seed are they ? .... and first time socal f u are gona transplant outdor why did you take coco ??? that is yust unecesery sock from coco to soil if you are gona transplat outdor try otiss way.. or use a 70/30 combo of soil/coco with canna tera or bio tera
sory for my eanglish guys my eanglish wrighting is very bad haha sory

Four hours after their feeding, the White Russian seems to be doing better -- it's leaves are funning out and have uncurled. The Chocolope Kush doesn't look any different. I'll wait and see for a change.

Any other advice on what could be causing the issue and what can be done about it???

Good to hear of the improved condition 1sttime. At only 2 wks. root development is foremost so I suggest a good watering and foregoing nutrients until they perk up. Probably enough there already with 2 feedings completed. Keep the media moist thereafter. If anything, concentrate on building roots....something with kelp, which will give you some mild K, aminos, and trace minerals. Also, I don't use CFL's so don't know how hot they are so close to the young plants. Maybe increase the distance a little? Use your hand to gauge how hot it is at that close distance. These plants are hardy so you should be fine.

Keep LUX at 4k for seedlings. Flush with water, keep nutes low. Just water for starting.
CMH are the best for seeds and clones...

TheTinMan

Back
Top Bottom