2 weeks in flower: need help figuring this out

BudJaMon

I've got 2 plants I'm growing 1 for sure is already sexing. But I'm curious as to if it may be a hermi. It has male pods for sure but I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is female hairs or just leafs or what. This is my first grow so I'm not familiar with what to look for exactly. But here's the pictures correct me if I'm wrong. The first pic is indeed male right? And the 2nd picture, is this female or just some weird growth?
420-magazine-mobile1933177386.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1418776793.jpg

2 weeks In flower, need help figuring this out.

Take some different pics of the second one. The top

Both pictures are from the same plant. I think I took them from the same stem also. I just put my plants on sleep. I'll have to wait until tonight to get more pics. I just can't really tell what that is in the 2nd picture. It looks like a white hair but I don't really know for sure.

No it wont produce buds, soon those balls will burst open and pollen will start spreading around. If you wish to grow girls without seeds in the future I would personally cut that plant out or isolate it somewhere else where you wont be growing any girls. That pollen will be viable for years. I still get random seeds after 4 years so I am speaking out of experience.
:Namaste:

No it wont produce buds, soon those balls will burst open and pollen will start spreading around. If you wish to grow girls without seeds in the future I would personally cut that plant out or isolate it somewhere else where you wont be growing any girls. That pollen will be viable for years. I still get random seeds after 4 years so I am speaking out of experience.
:Namaste:

Someone had told me a hermi would produce buds so I had kept it. I took it out and burned it. Hopefully my 2nd plant doesn't come out male.

I'm seeing white hairs as well as pollen pods. You have a full blown hermaphrodite - both male and female parts.

It will produce buds but they will contain seeds. It will also have trichomes which could be extracted.

If you have other females around, it needs to be totally isolated if you don't trash it.

I no its unlikely but where your other plant is i would take it out and clean top to bottom because it could have released the smallest microgram in there and it can still hermie another.

Thinking the other plant is already a hermi, but will clean just to be sure.

I'm seeing white hairs as well as pollen pods. You have a full blown hermaphrodite - both male and female parts.

It will produce buds but they will contain seeds. It will also have trichomes which could be extracted.

If you have other females around, it needs to be totally isolated if you don't trash it.

I only seen the 1 set of hairs on the plant unless there are hairs in the first picture I'm not seeing. But I've done got rid if the plant.

you can usually tell a male by its growth much sooner than its preflowers ..
I have noticed .. for those that dont defoliate.. males tend to grow tall and have less leafy growth than females.. just personal experiences.. not a rule of thumb.. but it can give a good indicator in future grows.. if you got 5 plants.. and 4 are tall and bushy and lucious.. and 1 is super tall and narrow and not looking same as far as developement as the others.. id watch it closely and consider it potentially a male..
Like all creatures i like to look at them as having different growth patterns per sex.. like how a human male grows bigger w stronger bones than females.. and how most animals have larger males than females..
Try to take logic and evolution into the equation.. think hmm w millions of years to evolve.. what would a male try to do different than a female to preserve the species.. ( grow taller to have pollen travel further and land on lower females... grow less leafy growth to let pollen get lost in the wind easier.. be thinner so it can bend towards a female easier... )
Its not laws of science.. just some stuff i look out for and has always been good for me..

you can usually tell a male by its growth much sooner than its preflowers ..
I have noticed .. for those that dont defoliate.. males tend to grow tall and have less leafy growth than females.. just personal experiences.. not a rule of thumb.. but it can give a good indicator in future grows.. if you got 5 plants.. and 4 are tall and bushy and lucious.. and 1 is super tall and narrow and not looking same as far as developement as the others.. id watch it closely and consider it potentially a male..
Like all creatures i like to look at them as having different growth patterns per sex.. like how a human male grows bigger w stronger bones than females.. and how most animals have larger males than females..
Try to take logic and evolution into the equation.. think hmm w millions of years to evolve.. what would a male try to do different than a female to preserve the species.. ( grow taller to have pollen travel further and land on lower females... grow less leafy growth to let pollen get lost in the wind easier.. be thinner so it can bend towards a female easier... )
Its not laws of science.. just some stuff i look out for and has always been good for me..
I have plants seedlings that a growing tall and I have never grown any plants that have been this tall I got my seedlings from a pound of black mamba and Italian ice are these seeds I'm growing male or female

are these seeds I'm growing male or female,
Some are male, some are female, some (as we've seen) are hermies. You can't tell by looking at the seed. Problem is, you don't have any history on the seeds, you don't know if the plant the seeds came from was a hermie, or a female that was pollinated by a male plant, and then you don't know if it was pollinated by a true male, a hermie or a self pollination by a "Nanner". You also don't know if it was a feminized seed or an unmanipulated natural seed. That's the issue with bag seed, it like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. Ideally, you'd have about a 50/50 shot at female (with a small possibility of a hermie), unless it was pollinated by a hermie to start with, then a % of hermies will be higher. IMHO, you're better off buying either natural seeds (50% chance of female) or feminized seeds (almost 100% chance of female). I prefer feminized seeds just because I have limited grow space and don't want to waste 3-5 weeks of time, fertilizer, and electricity costs only to find out I've got a bunch of males or hermies. Best of luck!

The weed was top notch but every bud was compact when you squeeze a bud ten seeds would pop out just trying to figure out could you identify the sex from how good the weed is

Back
Top Bottom