2 weeks old - Do these look normal?

PewPew

420 Member
Hi all,

My first post to go along with my first grow. I planted these two girls a few weeks ago, and it’s been two weeks since they popped out of the ground.. Currently running a window sill setup before I plant them out into the garden when I’m sure the night frost is gone. Regular watering (from tap 6.8 pH) when the top of the soil feels dry, and a regularly misting of the leaves with a spray bottle to make up for the fact that the rH is around 50% in my living room. They are both autos, the first one is a Northern lights Auto x RQS and the second is an Easy Bud Auto x RQS, if I’ve popped the right seeds and not mixed up the two:) I’ve bought some BioBizz basic nutritions (BioGrow, and BioBloom) not sure if that’s the right stuff for this grow and when to start using it..

All tips and tricks will be greatly appreciated, I seriously need your help as I’m on lost ground about what to do from here on out!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Hi all,

My first post to go along with my first grow. I planted these two girls a few weeks ago, and it’s been two weeks since they popped out of the ground.. Currently running a window sill setup before I plant them out into the garden when I’m sure the night frost is gone. Regular watering (from tap 6.8 pH) when the top of the soil feels dry, and a regularly misting of the leaves with a spray bottle to make up for the fact that the rH is around 50% in my living room. They are both autos, the first one is a Northern lights Auto x RQS and the second is an Easy Bud Auto x RQS, if I’ve popped the right seeds and not mixed up the two:) I’ve bought some BioBizz basic nutritions (BioGrow, and BioBloom) not sure if that’s the right stuff for this grow and when to start using it..

All tips and tricks will be greatly appreciated, I seriously need your help as I’m on lost ground about what to do from here on out!

image.jpg
image.jpg
Good morning @PewPew lovely ladies my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
They are slightly light in color but not bad.
Drop your ph to 6.3.
Make sure the pots dry well in between watering.
Make sure you get some run off.
Are you planning on feeding them?
Or just into good soil outside?

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @PewPew lovely ladies my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
They are slightly light in color but not bad.
Drop your ph to 6.3.
Make sure the pots dry well in between watering.
Make sure you get some run off.
Are you planning on feeding them?
Or just into good soil outside?

Stay safe
Bill
Thank you so much! I’ll try to get the pH down a little.
I’m trying to let the soil dry out in between waterings, but it’s my first grow so I might be a little too micro managing and water them a bit too often, even tough I know I should just let them do their thing.
I’m planning on putting them into the soil outside, but I’m not too sure it’s the best quality as the spot is just filled with normal grass right now.. I was planning on hoeing and loosening up the soil in the coming days. Do you think that would be sufficient to get it ready for growing, or would I need to switch up the soil with some better quality, or could I just put in nutrients instead?

Preferably I would grow it in our vegetable garden, but I live in a place where Cannabis sadly isn’t legal, so I’ll have to go for the stealth option all the way in the far part of our property.

Thank you so much! I’ll try to get the pH down a little.
I’m trying to let the soil dry out in between waterings, but it’s my first grow so I might be a little too micro managing and water them a bit too often, even tough I know I should just let them do their thing.
I’m planning on putting them into the soil outside, but I’m not too sure it’s the best quality as the spot is just filled with normal grass right now.. I was planning on hoeing and loosening up the soil in the coming days. Do you think that would be sufficient to get it ready for growing, or would I need to switch up the soil with some better quality, or could I just put in nutrients instead?

Preferably I would grow it in our vegetable garden, but I live in a place where Cannabis sadly isn’t legal, so I’ll have to go for the stealth option all the way in the far part of our property.
The better the soil is to start , will be better in the long run.
But unless it's got nutrients you will have to feed her eventually.
I'm not sure where you are located or what you have access too.
@GeoFlora Nutrients would be great and easy to use for you.
Sprinkle on top of soil and water as usual.
But try and get a good dry cycle, it'll help in the end.

Stay safe
Bill

Hi and welcome Pew Pew,

Your plants look great and off to a good start. Have never tried autos but perhaps next year. Growing weed is not legal here but plant in the backyard and use corn to make a screen, unfortunately there is no hiding the smell starting in July when they flower.

Stay safe
Bill

Stay safe
Bill

Then I’ll change out the top layer of the soil, I’ll have a look at those nutrients to see if I can get a hold of them! Thank you so much!

Hi and welcome Pew Pew,

Your plants look great and off to a good start. Have never tried autos but perhaps next year. Growing weed is not legal here but plant in the backyard and use corn to make a screen, unfortunately there is no hiding the smell starting in July when they flower.
Thank you so much!
I’m not too worried about people seeing them, I live in a very small village in the country side (about 50 houses), and we own a pretty decent size of property, with a lot of trees and hedges.. But what about the smell? Do you think people passing by on the street would notice? How far does it travel?

Thank you so much!
I’m not too worried about people seeing them, I live in a very small village in the country side (about 50 houses), and we own a pretty decent size of property, with a lot of trees and hedges.. But what about the smell? Do you think people passing by on the street would notice? How far does it travel?
In the fall a flowering girl can have quite an aroma.
Depending on how many plants "2 isn't many" and how far away your neighbors are will dermine if it's going to be detected.
I would not be concerned unless I had a big garden and neighbors within a 100-200 feet.
Otherwise it'll dissipate before being noticed.
Good luck my friend. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

In the fall a flowering girl can have quite an aroma.
Depending on how many plants "2 isn't many" and how far away your neighbors are will dermine if it's going to be detected.
I would not be concerned unless I had a big garden and neighbors within a 100-200 feet.
Otherwise it'll dissipate before being noticed.
Good luck my friend. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
I have neighbors to 3 sides in a radius about 120 feet, fingers crossed that’ll be far enough for the terpenoids to dissipate in the wind.. Luckily the wind usually blows away from the road, so that might help.

Thank you again, have a great season!
PewPew

Hi and welcome to the forum, @PewPew ! Your little plants are looking great. I don't think the supports are needed... they will likely just be in the way, because cannabis grows fast.

I highly recommend putting them in pots. Autos are little plants, and they will do very well in pots, 5 or 6 gal. This way you can really set up your soil mixture and nutrients, and you can easily move the plants around as needed or if necessary. I recommend adding worm castings and mycorrhiza "root booster" to your soil.

image.jpg

^ Ditch this thing a.s.a.p.!

That's something you see on top heavy small trees in areas with heavy wind and you have something very loose fitting tied around it, something like a bit of floppy rope or if it is something hard like a cable tie, it still has a large diameter, so that the tree can still sway significantly in the wind to help it build strength. When you restrict their movement they rely on the post to prop them up, the stem doesn't thicken/strengthen and when you remove the post they'll be weak and topple over in the first decent wind.

Not necessary for a seedling indoors, you'll end up damaging your stem or weakening the structure of the plant as it will not build for strength when it relies on something else. Also when the stem thickens - that wire will eat into it.

j

Hi and welcome to the forum, @PewPew ! Your little plants are looking great. I don't think the supports are needed... they will likely just be in the way, because cannabis grows fast.

I highly recommend putting them in pots. Autos are little plants, and they will do very well in pots, 5 or 6 gal. This way you can really set up your soil mixture and nutrients, and you can easily move the plants around as needed or if necessary. I recommend adding worm castings and mycorrhiza "root booster" to your soil.
Thanks, already removed the support (though I’m trying to do a bit of LST, nothing too huge, just a single bend outwards of the main stems rn.)

I’ll try the pot way next grow, for now I just thought of going the “easy” way for my first grow.

If you are not sure of the soil compatibility dig a hole the size of a 5 gallon bucket. fill the hole with appropriate potting soil. I don't know what you have access to. I grew in a strip mine as a kid this way.
That’s sounds pretty much about what I came up with, looks fine for now! Thanks!

image.jpg

^ Ditch this thing a.s.a.p.!

That's something you see on top heavy small trees in areas with heavy wind and you have something very loose fitting tied around it, something like a bit of floppy rope or if it is something hard like a cable tie, it still has a large diameter, so that the tree can still sway significantly in the wind to help it build strength. When you restrict their movement they rely on the post to prop them up, the stem doesn't thicken/strengthen and when you remove the post they'll be weak and topple over in the first decent wind.

Not necessary for a seedling indoors, you'll end up damaging your stem or weakening the structure of the plant as it will not build for strength when it relies on something else. Also when the stem thickens - that wire will eat into it.

j
Yep, learned that the hard way, but they’ve been getting consistent wind the past days and looks to be doing fine without the support, even though the lowest part of the stems are somewhat skinnier than the rest of the plants. Doing a bit of LST now so hopefully the stems will strengthen up even more where the bend is, so far looks to be doing alright. My other two seedlings which are about a week old are not going to get the same overprotective care as their sisters!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom