2 weeks old plant started dying! Help please!

Macsekdark9

Hello,

I have a 2 weeks old Northern Lights (from Nirvana shop) plant, It all went good in the first week, but in the second I noticed some yellow-ness on the lower leaves. Now those leaves are starting to die, their tip became brown and dry, and I can see more yellow parts on the upper leaves too.

I have a pc grow box with 75w cold light CFL (I have a warm light bulb for flowering), it has a huge pc ventilator for fresh air. The light is in 18/6 cycle.

I can't tell the exact temperature, because I don't have a thermometer yet, but it doesn't feel too hot.

The soil is some simple flower soil from the shop. I can't measure the pH either, but If this is a really serious problem, I will manage to get a pH meter.

I think I over-watered the plant, because I was watering it daily in the first week but with not much water.

Please help, what could I do?

Thanks for the replies, I'm really worried :(

My first thought is that you drowned it in water. Look at the soil around the plant, it has green all over it. You need to let it dry out. Have you put any nutrients on it yet?

I'm fairly new at growing, but thats my first impression. I'll let the pro's make a better diagnoses.

Agree with above.
You'll first need to correct your watering problem. Do not water daily. Wait until the top of the soil is completely dry. THEN wait a few days longer.

We'll need to know the PH so we know how to proceed.

PH lockout (from PH being too high or too low) Will cause identical symptoms to deficiencies.

Right now you either need nutrients, or need to fix the PH. If you add nutes without checking and fixing the PH, you can kill the plant if the problem was a PH issue.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Yes, I was afraid that too much water was the problem (I didn't really know how much does she need..) Tomorrow I'll try to buy a pH meter.
I applied some kind of "self-dosing" nutrient mix that provides nutrients through 15 days (the container has to be inserted into the soil)
I took a photo of the ingredients (It's hungarian, but you can still understand it because of the letters P = Phosphor, Zn = Zinc and so on.. )

The mixture's label says "for all kind of plants".
If the soil is full of water, should I wait till it dries out, or should I change the soil, replant, and then be more careful with watering?

Thanks for the fast reply!

Yes, I was afraid that too much water was the problem (I didn't really know how much does she need..) Tomorrow I'll try to buy a pH meter.
I applied some kind of "self-dosing" nutrient mix that provides nutrients through 15 days (the container has to be inserted into the soil)
I took a photo of the ingredients (It's hungarian, but you can still understand it because of the letters P = Phosphor, Zn = Zinc and so on.. )

The mixture's label says "for all kind of plants".
If the soil is full of water, should I wait till it dries out, or should I change the soil, replant, and then be more careful with watering?

I would avoid all purpose/general fertilizers like this. I have been enjoying using a 3 part nute system. You buy a set of 2 or 3 nutrients, and they allow you to mix them in different concentrations based on the plants age, and what nutes it needs.

With those self dosing/self feeding systems you can't flush your soil, or it causes massive amounts of fertilizers to be released all at once.

Back
Top Bottom