2 weeks till harvest and aphids taking over

WbyNut

As the title states, I am 2 weeks out and I have a serious aphid infestation growing rapidly. I have showered them off a couple times, but the branches are so heavy with buds now I'm afraid to move em without snapping branches. The aphids are mostly on the stems and underside of the leaves. From the reading I've done, it sounds like spraying them with anything beneficial at this point will be to the detriment of the buds. Is there anything I can spray or do or should I just harvest and 3 bucket wash?

A mixture of liquid Castile soap (unscented) and water (1 to 1.5 tablespoons of Castile soap in 1 quart of water) will kill them,and can be used right up until harvest.

If you don't have Castile soap handy,you can spray them with a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water-this won't hurt the buds,or leave any residue or funny tastes behind.
The only thing is,with this mix,you need to spray it on the aphids to kill them-it only kills "on contact".

Keeping them out of the buds should be the #1 priority- once they get into the buds,it's next to impossible to get them out- bud washing will get rid of a few of them,but the majority will just stay there, even through the drying process- they stay there till they die of thirst, and then the stickiness of the bud "glues" them in place...

Aphids are born pregnant,and each aphid can produce 50 to 100 live offspring (clones),which are also born pregnant, if left unchecked, they can infest a plant in just a few days...so eliminating them is something you should start working on right away.

Good luck-they can be a bitch to get rid of, but it can be done.

if you're grow is separate from living space hang a no pest strip in the grow space.

off gasses union carbide levels of chemical killer. napalms anything flying in about 72 hours. lets you deal with the media side while it clears the plant side. was incredibly effective against gnats this summer. i zeroed them out in a wk.

harmless to plants.

can't be used if the immediate area is constantly populated.

Back
Top Bottom