2 White Rhino and 2 Snow White

TheLibrarian

I am in my 9th day of 12/12 and my girls are vegging like crazy. Every node seems to have a new set of leaves growing in it. No real sign of flowers yet. Using Fox Farm Open Sesame 1/2 tsp per gal every other watering. These plants look great, but when will they start blooming? Oh, and using a 400wt HPS.
Thanks and Peace

Sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong area earlier today. Thanks again.

I'm growing the same strains right now, and I think mine showed their sex between the 7th and 10th day of 12/12.

In my case I was using feminized seeds so it wasn't a huge surprise when they all turned out female!

Patience Grasshopper!

Ok, I finally see flowers budding, lots of them all over my beautiful plants. It's day 16 of 12/12 and there is unequivocally no doubt about buds. So now I would like to establish some kind of time line. I am running 400wt HPS and have all the nutes and blackstrap molasses I need. Realistically, how many weeks to I have until harvest? I will be going on a few short trips and I have a very workable strategy for watering while I am gone but I have to be done by the third week of July. Will I be OK? That's nine weeks until I have to harvest and still have some time for drying and I don't know about curing and burping the ball jars. I may have to use the bag method and hope for no rot. This has been a long process and I would hate to blow it at the end because of some vacation. Any advice?
BTW, I love this site and I am very happy for all of the help I have gotten so far. My plants are beautiful and extremely healthy. Now that I have buds, even though they took longer than expected to arrive, will the vitality of my plants hinder or accelerate their development?
Thanks for any input.
Peace

I think I hermie'd them. Saw a couple of balls. started pulling them off. Too early 12/12, Floro to Good lights, whatever. What is my prognosis? The plants look great with lots of buds. I plan to pull off all the "balls" as I see them. Advice?
Thanks

Sprayed with Dutch Masters Reverse and Saturation. It was on a watering day so I waited. Four hours later they all wilted. I watered them and now all is good. Found only one wilted nut this morning upon inspection. Plants look good. Top leaves of tallest got a little crusty in spray/wilt episode. I'm thinking we are good to go. Hoping no more nuts pop up.

OK,
really,
All I really want to know is, when will flowering really start?
That's all...
Thanks and...still, Peace!

About 2 and a half weeks from going 12/12:peacetwo:

Thanks Frank,
Now I have lots of flowers and things are moving along really well.
Got a bud to harvest timeline on these strains?

I'm not 100% sure but it is my experience that once the plants have hermied, if they in fact have, the quality of your pot is sealed. Watch for seeds. If you start confirming that you have hermied plants you can harvest at will. Once fertilized the plants stop producing thc.

I just finished week 8 of flowering, and I think I have another two weeks before I harvest, so 10 weeks of flowering total. The White Rhino might be done a little sooner, but the Snow White is at least two weeks out.

Today I have completed 29 days of flowering. I did in fact panic, buy and spray with DM Reverse when I saw a couple of balls hanging from two of the plants. Since spraying, no balls. As reported somewhere on these boards, the plants that had the balls went nuts (not the best word) afterward and started growing flowers at an amazing rate. I have been using Open Sesame for the past three weeks and just switched to Beastie Bloomz and will use for the next two to three weeks alternating with feedings of Blackstrap Molasses. I plan to switch to Cha Ching in two weeks. All four plants are healthy and the stems are very strong. They snap back when I examine the inner flowers. Simply amazing. The fan leaves are narrowing a bit for what seems to be to let more light into the center of the plants.
As for my timing question, thanks for the responses. I think things are going very well as the flowers are actually starting to fill up some stems as I have seen in other posts and I should be able to harvest in a timely manner. I just ordered a Carson MM-200 today and I hope it will suffice for tric examination when the time comes.
I probably should have done a grow journal with this grow, maybe next time or maybe not too late?
Thanks again and Peace.

The trichs are coming, the trichs are coming. Just saw the first sign of trichomes on the leaves surrounding the top buds on all four plants. Bottom leaves have started to yellow a bit. I am assuming that that is natural. One more feeding with Beastie Bloomz and then on to Cha Ching.

Starting week six of flowering. The colas are really filling in. There is evidence of trichomes forming on all the leaves surrounding the flowers. I got the scope and it is very hard to focus and to see the trichomes. I will need some practice. Switched to Cha Ching today. Everyone looks happy. Leaves are still yellowing toward bottom.

Back
Top Bottom