2 Wrestler caught with pot

CurtisC

RVD is known as a major stoner on camera so this doesn't surpirse me. lol

HANGING ROCK — World Wrestling Entertainment has confirmed that is conducting its own investigation into drug-related charges against two professional wrestlers arrested after a traffic stop on U.S. 52 in Hanging Rock Sunday night.

According to a press release from the organization, Robert Alex Szatowski, aka WWE and ECW champion Rob Van Dam, and Terry Michael Brunk, aka Sabu, also a former ECW champion, met with Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis in Philadelphia Monday afternoon, shortly after arriving at the Wachovia Center for their performances on “Raw.”

The WWE confirms that the two wrestlers are being investigated by organization officials after being charged with drug-related violations by the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

The organization has stated on its Web site it will take no action until charges against the pair are resolved.

Szatowski was initially stopped for speeding at about 10:15 p.m. Sunday.

Troopers found the wrestler in possession of 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin prescription pain pills. Brunk was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable, but were known to be controlled substances, according to the OSHP.

The two were apparently driving from their performances at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena in Huntington, W.Va., where they both won their matches earlier in the evening.

Szatowski and Brunk were cited, posted bond at the scene and were scheduled to appear in Ironton Municipal Court Thursday morning. However, sources at the courthouse say the date has been changed, but has yet to be determined.

During WWE’s ongoing investigation, Laurinaitis said the wrestlers will be allowed to participate in this week’s scheduled matches.

The wrestlers were part of Monday’s night’s “Raw” program, one of several weekly wrestling shows sponsored by the WWE and its offspring, Extreme Championship Wrestling.

The duo also will be allowed to participate in tonight’s “ECW,” when Szatowski is supposed to step into the ring against fellow wrestler Edge to defend his WWE and ECW titles.

The WWE introduced its drug testing and substance abuse policy earlier this year. The policy states that the “non-medical use and associated abuse of prescription medications and performance-enhancing drugs, as well as the use, possession and/or distribution of illegal drugs by WWE talent are unacceptable and prohibited…”

All wrestlers are subject to random testing under the policy, but the tests do not screen for marijuana, unless there is “reasonable cause” to do so, the policy states.

https://www.irontontribune.com/articles/2006/07/03/news/news432.txt

RVD is the man, lol! I watch wrestling with my son, but I had no idea RVD was a stoner until he made a few subtle remarks while on camara one night.

His eyes were all fucked up that night, too.

I thought it was great!

Oookay. Marijuana is decriminalized in Ohio.

Marijauna isn't legal in Ohio. yet. however under an ounce is only $100.00 fine. still, it's a misdemeanor that can keep you from getting employed. if they find out.

Morgan
i don't watch wrestling, but i'm glad these guys are a bit up front. it needs to become mainstreamed guys. everywhere.

morgandragonsta said:
Marijauna isn't legal in Ohio. yet. however under an ounce is only $100.00 fine. still, it's a misdemeanor that can keep you from getting employed. if they find out.

Morgan
i don't watch wrestling, but i'm glad these guys are a bit up front. it needs to become mainstreamed guys. everywhere.

*sigh* another person who doesn't know their rights.

I never said Marijuana was legal in Ohio. It is decriminalized.

Possession of any ammount under 100 grams is only a minor misdemeanor. In ohio, a minor misdemeanor is NOT put on your criminal record and therefore CANNOT keep you from getting employed.

100 to 200 grams is a 4th degree misdemeanor, and is 30 days in jail or a very small fine (a few hundred).

Not only that, cultivation (growth) of under 100 grams is also a minor misdemeanor that produces no criminal record.

Educate yourself on your state laws or you end up knowing nothing like Morgandragonsta here.

Back
Top Bottom