2 X Heavyweight Strawberry Cheesecake SCROG 800W MH/HPS Grow

heisenberg420

Hi everyone and welcome to my first Journal.

This is actually my second grow, my first grow went terribly wrong because i had no clue what i was doing. Temperatures were at 100 most of the time and other very bad mistakes etc.
Had 6 bag seeds that i started. 2 died and 3 went hermy and 1 was stunted pretty much the whole time.
I ended up yielding around 14 grams dry ( Dont laugh ) hehe

After my big fail at growing, i decided to start reading and reading. I went through atleast 100 Journals, watched videos/guides, everything. I even learned how to properly build a grow area.

Choosing a strain was very difficult but i decided to go for an Indica because my last grow was sativas that stretched so much and went out of control. Going through this whole site, i noticed that there's a strain that hasn't been Journaled before ( Atleast to my knowledge ).

I decided to go with Heavyweight Strawberry Cheesecake because i wanted to give something back to this awesome community, a strain that is not very popular..

Heavyweight Strawberry Cheesecake Stats :

GENETICS: Chronic x White Widow x Cheese
TYPE: mostly Indica (70%)
CBD: 1.3%
THC: 22%
FLOWERING TIME: 8 weeks
HEIGHT: 80-130cm
INDOOR YIELD: 500gr/m2

The Grow area Is 5 x 5 x 13 ft. I am running 350 CFM intake from an AC from another room. Also running an Exhaust Fan at 450 CFM to create a negative pressure.
I had issues with tempratures but after installing these fans, everything is running nice and cool.
I have also removed the ballasts from the room and ran cables to the light fixtures.

If in Veg... For how long?
Started from Seeds few days ago and they just sprouted. They are now under 6500k 28x6 CFLS

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
Soil

If soil... What size pot?
8 gallon pots

Size of light?
2 X 400 W MH/HPS ballast. ( i have both bulbs ) MH for VEG and HPS for Flowering

Temp of Room/cab?
Ranges between 70F-75F

RH of Room/cab?
Generally between 40-50%,

PH of media or res?

I welcome everyone to my journal and feel free to ask any questions or post any comments.

IMAG014422.jpg

Update Week 4 Veg

One of the seedlings didnt make it so i decided to go with one plant, now few days ago my friend gave me another strawberry cheescake seed and a "world of seeds" strawberry blue seed. so they are now in as well.

Update: Week 5 VEG.
Removed the 2 other seedlings and gave them to a friend as there isnt much space in this room. I am planning on vegging for 3 more weeks.
Scrog net will go on next week

IMAG019620.jpg
IMAG019414.jpg

My Tops are just about hitting the net, can anyone estimate how long i will need to veg more before i flip to 12/12 ?
I want To fill at least 90% of the net

are you doing a bene heisenberg tea weekly too?

I would say you have at least 3-4 weeks before it will be anywhere near flipping.

you want to account for the stretch too that you will continue to fill the net for 10 days or so from flip then you want to let em run to get some length to the buds for the remainder of stretch.

good luck. subbed from here on.

are you doing a bene heisenberg tea weekly too?

I would say you have at least 3-4 weeks before it will be anywhere near flipping.

you want to account for the stretch too that you will continue to fill the net for 10 days or so from flip then you want to let em run to get some length to the buds for the remainder of stretch.

good luck. subbed from here on.

Thanks for subbing, would appreciate good advice along the way.. I think i will definitely be vegging for an extra month, i wanna try and get atleast 300 grams out of this grow. i have 800 Watts so i guess its possible. i also have HPS bulbs for the flip

Your grow is looking outstanding. I wish you the best..

Mr CO Finest, Pleasure to hear from you man. I actually followed your whole LED grow and watched your youtube video series. You actually do live up to your name. That was a monster of a plant that you had !

nice to hear that from a grower like yourself.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom