2000W HPS, 11 Strains, 12 Plants, Scrog, SOG

ScrogNub

Note: This is a mid grow journal.... and some of this was posted on another forum that didn't seem to garner much interest so I'll try and edit out some of the questions I "tried to ask the community" but may forget some please ignore. Also I never did figure out how to make a personal album there was no option like shown in the tutorial... hope the pics show up? Also have cleaned up the hangers and exhausta bit.

Note 2: Please ignore the failed AUTO/COCO plants you will see in some of the pics... coco is not my friend.

There are a lot of firsts for me in this grow!

Firsts:

• Using a "room" not a tent
  • Using 5g pots
  • Large multi-strain (I've only ever done 2 strains ie: 3 and 3 or 2 and 2 ect...)
  • Keeping on top of things like heat and feeding/watering instead of "meh"
  • Keeping things organized.
  • First grow with ideal conditions and not using crappy little lights or messing with autos.
  • First time trying to use a scrog -edit: AND LOVING IT!

I try to keep the room @ 26c. 18/6 on veg cycle I do believe. Been feeding sort of whats on the go box schedule except adding a bit extra nitrogen and cal mag. The girls are hungry! 1 go box is not enough for 12 plants in 5g pots in veg and really they aren't that big yet even. Good thing I had leftovers from last go box.

We shall see how flowering goes but assume it won't be enough there either..... So far though all plants are free of deficiencies. The Starkiller needs a bit more cal mag than the other girls.

Strains:

• StarKiller - Rare Dankness Genetics
  • Underdog OG - THSeeds
  • Critical Cheese - DinaFem
  • Gigabud - G13 Labs
  • Purple Haze - G13 Labs
  • Red Diesel - Barnys Farm
  • Pineapple Haze - Barnys Farm (x2)
  • Amherst Sour Diesel - Humboldt Seeds
  • 24k Gold - DNA Genetics
  • California Orange - Epert Seeds
  • Canadian Lemon Aid - Sensible Seeds
Equipment:

• 2x 1000w VivoSun Air cooled MH/HPS. (6")
  • Titan controls Spartan 4 light controller
  • AC Infiniti Cloudline t6 fan with heat speed settings (display mounted so I can see outside of room)
  • 6" Vivo sun fan and filter
  • 6" tubing throughout
  • 5 Gallon pots
  • Sunshine #4
  • General Organics go box (i love these things... don't judge me!)
  • GrowTech - calmag, ph solutions and pro silicate
  • Uberhaus A/C (generic craptacular used Kijiji find)
  • If you see something I havn't mentioned ask
  • Mars 600 led for seedlings (actual 280w draw)
More to come! Suggestions more than welcome!
PS: Vegging both lights at 600-750w. If its cold outside I need to run @750w for the warmth

Doing their thing.... vegging for-ever. At this point I should point out that I made my scrog using my old Mars Hydro tent poles cause I was too lazy to drive to home depot. So far has worked relatively well. I also like that I hung it from the ceiling with ratchet hangers so I could move it with the plants instead of floor standing. I also wanted to keep the plants low this time around.

DEC 24

Switched the bulbs to hps and changed my time to 12/12 which is always fun. Double/triple checked for light leaks with the wife. I find it best to sit in the room a few minutes and let your eyes adjust.

I had a lot of leaks...... so had to put a new layer of plastic on the inside which I wanted to do for my own personal "I want this room to look nice" reasons anyhow lol.

Girls are looking really healthy. By now usually my grows are already showing signs of just being completely kicked in the box and not looking good and I just hope they hold out until harvest.

But as I said in the op post I'm on this like white on rice. Watching everything. Temp/Nutes/Air flow/Light EVERYTHING. And the girls are loving me for it. First 2 days of flower were huge growth spurts.

Had to LST a bunch of braches or I would run out of room below lights by the end.

Got myself a clone tent as pictured. Pretty cool little tent. The led I got off amazon is kinda bright so I think I'm going to have to order a different power supply maybe one that dims. Some of the leaves turned yellow cause the light was too close. 5 clones of each strain in the room just in case there are some superstars

I read that too much light on clones will cause them to grow too quick and use the nutes from the leaves too fast cause they have no roots yet.

PS: Did a mild flush. Now that I have a reservoir.... I was sick of carrying 5g of water up a set of stairs. FML. I just run a hose from the bathroom to the Res and thank the stars for it. This will also aid in more even feedings.

PSS: Running 1000w on each of the HPS's now.

GROW JOURNEL NOW CAUGHT UP TO PRESENT.
Next post will be a new update :bong:

So I decided to defoliate a little..... Canopy was just too thick. More like an impenetrable fortress. Also took off a bunch of the lower useless stuff. So I guess Defoliate and lollipop? Also had to LST some more. If these stretch more than I hope they will I will run into height issues. Now I now to flower a bit earlier next time. (this is my first big *(to me)* grow)

Also holy fuck I get itchy to death when getting in through the branches and stuff. Its like I just swam in fiberglass insulation for an hour. Am I getting allergic to plants? Or is this normal???? FML. Still love the girls though and hope they love me in return :hug:

Also got a humidifier....that is doing absolutely nothing. My humidity is at like 20-22%.... how can I fix this? My room changes out the air too quick. But if I lower the exhaust rate it gets too warm in there. I need my A/C in the mancave part of my room so I can A) breath B) not cook to death. Any Ideas?

My lord dude. That set-up is very impressive. I love how neat and organized you've got it. I'm hooked and subbed. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

You're having the same problems I am having with humidity. The outdoor humidity where I live right now is 18%. I was running less than 20% when I first started growing. I remedied it by putting containers of water in front of my fans. They empty out really fast, like almost daily, but I can keep the humidy at closer to 45%-sometimes 50%. Look into 3 gallon buckets to fill with water and set directly under the fans path? It has worked for me. In my Veg/flower "rooms", I just use paper cups since my area is so much smaller.

My lord dude. That set-up is very impressive. I love how neat and organized you've got it. I'm hooked and subbed. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

You're having the same problems I am having with humidity.

Thanks!! Appreciate it! After a few failed grows of mine as well as co located I said ok enough of this. Spent some long hrs planning out how the other 1/2 of my attic man cave would be.

The only things that bother me with my room is not having a real door. I had one in my home depot cart thing then said "angles..........fuggit" I'll just use the plastic. The other as mentioned was humidity. Room clears out far to fast for anything. Going to try some towels. Buckets don't work. Damn Canadian winters.

Thanks!! Appreciate it! After a few failed grows of mine as well as co located I said ok enough of this. Spent some long hrs planning out how the other 1/2 of my attic man cave would be.

The only things that bother me with my room is not having a real door. I had one in my home depot cart thing then said "angles..........fuggit" I'll just use the plastic. The other as mentioned was humidity. Room clears out far to fast for anything. Going to try some towels. Buckets don't work. Damn Canadian winters.
Maybe scale down your fans then? If you're circulating that much air that the humidity is effected directly by them, it may be overkill? Smaller fans? Plants love fresh air, but they are not using it at the rate most people think they are...think about how long you could survive in a sealed freezer with no ventilation(sorry, as mentioned in one of my previous posts, I am in winter netflix mode, and that unfortunately is criminal minds and NCIS lol) Just thinking out loud here, but if you reduce air flow to what you can reasonably expect your plants to need, it might help your humidity?

I'm talking intake and output here, not your circulating fans. You got that right? My intake and out take are both re-used CPU case fans, as they were easily rewired with old USB cables, and they have low medium and high settings.

Yeah turned down both the fan going into my room as well as the one connected to my hooded lights that exhausts out the wall. I put a bunch of my 3g pot trays full of water and have the RES lid unzipped. Went up 6 points before I even got out of the room. So here's to hoping I can get at least 35-40 out of it lmao.... May hang a towel up but I don't want any chance of mildew or mold. See how this goes in the next few hrs

End week 2.

Humidity still low. I'm going to buy a water pump and some mist nozzles..... I'll post up when those arrive and I have misting system all set up (few days?) :nomo:

EDIT: Lights both running at 750w each. Too tall to run em at 1000w. I think maybe I'll water them and LST/tie the shit out of them so I can run 1000w each.

Took off the rope hangers and just using the actual hangers on the light right to the eye hooks. I now have what I believe to be enough height to run both lights @ 1000w without too much fear of bleaching everything!

Btw, I almost dropped one of the lights lol.... Should always have two people doing this. Or at least I should. Dropped the hanger on the floor and couldn't get it cause I was holding the light. It was funny until it wasn't! Then it was totally funny again then panic set in. Now that its done its funny again.

So I finally moved my AC actually into the grow section of my man cave. I got sick (as did the wife) of screwing around changing from heat to ac to heat to ac ect....ect.... Damn these Canadian winters. Quite happy about the frost these girls are showing I think by the end they should all be nicely coated with some frosting. Also quite happy that I did get a purple pheno of Purple Haze (Pic at the end)

Back
Top Bottom