2009 First Grow from bagseed!

westbud90

HI, this is my first grow, and its a mystery bagseed, and i really have no idea of its potential, but hopefully it will give me enough experience to continue future harvests.
These seeds broke soil on the 24 of june and are currently on day 6
Closet Grow
Starting off
i cracked the seeds by leaving them in deer park for 24 hours, then strait into some plastic cups with drainage holes cut into the bottom,
Soil: FoxFarms ocean forest
Lighting so far i have both babies under two 3 ft. long 25W fluoros, and one 26W 6400k cfl, which are about 2-3in. away from the babies
There is a fan blowing between the tops and the lights,
They are currently receiving 18/6, and are watered every other day, or when soil is too dry, any help or suggestions welcome
soil?Lighting?Hours?nutes? anything would help,
im just lookin to grow some good weed.:yummy::thanks:
and the kids!(sorry for bad phone pics, camera will be up and running next time)
day_6-2copy.jpg

day_6-3copy.jpg

day_6copy.jpg

setup20.jpg

These seeds broke soil on the 24 of june and are currently on day 6

You are going to be amazed at how much larger they are in another week. The amount they grow every day at this stage is insane!

They are currently receiving 18/6, and are watered every other day, or when soil is too dry, any help or suggestions welcome

Do not water based on how many days since the last time, water only when the soil has been allowed to dry. The roots like a wet/dry cycle, they will let you know if they get too dry by wilting. If that happens water them as you normally do and within a few hours they should perk right back up. Pay attention to how dry the soil was before they wilted so you know not to exceed that point again.

soil?Lighting?Hours?nutes? anything would help,
im just lookin to grow some good weed.:yummy::thanks:

Are you sure you don't want to grow some crappy weed? :grinjoint:

I use the same soil, some people say it's a bit hot for seedlings but I haven't seen any real negative effects out of four plants so far. I did have some discoloration with the first three (initial grow) but I can not positively attribute it to the soil, had too many other things out of whack at different times (pH had hit 9.0 or so, temps were pushing in to the 90's, possibly splashed water on the leaves causing them to burn under the lights, etc).

18/6 is a popular schedule, I run 20/4 but it's really personal choice and some plants respond differently to the same environment depending on their genetics. However, 20 hours of daylight is rare in this world unless you live towards the Arctic Circle.

Nutes...using FFOF you shouldn't need to use any nutes for 3-4 weeks, I have yet to use any nutes on my plants. Although now that I'm going in to flowering I am going to give them a mild dose of the Earth Juice nutes I bought but they are fairly weak solutions and organic, shouldn't have to worry about nute burn.

They look pretty good, nice job :) The only concern I have is the towel you have in the pictures. It is a potential fire hazard depending what is near it, if it's near any exposed wiring or splices or the CFL I would seriously consider replacing it with something less flammable. CFL's don't get too hot but I have read reports of some faulty ones actually smoking the ballast and even melting the plastic. Better safe than sorry.

Also, when you transplant them, which judging by their height and size of the cups you may want to do at the end of week 2, bury the stems a bit deeper in the soil so they aren't so spindly. The stem will sprout roots where it is buried too for extra nutrient uptake.

Appreciate the advice Lil Neutrino,
lol, i was just asking about the nutes for when i do need them, like by the end of the 3rd or 4th week if im correct. and yea, that towel wuz the only thing i could whip up at the moment, and it keeps me nervous, so im going to replace it with something more secure today! well off to work, ill check in later!

Ok so here is the 3 way moisture meter/light sensor/soil ph meter.
the kids on day 7 and the other supplies.
both
day_72.JPG

older one
day_7_old_one.JPG

younger one
day_7_young_one.JPG

the stuff
supplies3.JPG

best pic i could get of the thrash nugget!
Thrash.JPG

Preciate the help!
any suggestions on when to transplant into three gallon pots??
do u think i should get bigger pots and only transplant once?
And once again!:thanks:

[/QUOTE]do u think i should get bigger pots and only transplant once?
And once again!:thanks:[/QUOTE]
i would trans plant say week 3 but you can wait till you see roots then trans
i would only trans once transing them to much could put it into shock if done wrong trust me i have killed a plant transplantin it
hope this helps
oh hey i gotta Q why are my plants growing so F'n slow this time around mine are in day 3 now still very small and only have first round leafs and first pointed leafs smaller than a penny in size
thanks?

what light schedule should i have them on for the first 4 weeks?
i have it set 12/12 right now should i go 18/6 or maybe 24 of light for a while?????
anything is much help

well, im planning on vegging mine for at least 4-5 weeks and have them on 18/6 so they can get a decent size, then ill switch them over to 12/12 for flowering,
if you want to veg them first then i believe either 18/6 or 24/0 should be fine, from what i've read, its personal preference,

Ok, so before i left home for work i added another 26W 6400k CFL
and one of the plants seems to be tilting the top quite a bit, ill post pics later after i get back from work,
I also wanted to know if the 3 gallon pots would be big enough to continue until harvest? cuz i can easily aquire some buckets.
anything would help!:thanks::yummy::ganjamon:

where and how much was you CFL i need to lessin my number of bulbs lol
my box is a mess i have old laps a tor apart i have a wires every where it aint pretty im tryin to do cheap because i have to lol
anything will help
oh and i think im going to leave the lights on 24/0 or the 18/6 someone said thats why mine have been growin slow because i put them on 12/12 to early

ok i have 4 that burn the same 6500k 1750lumen
and 4 others that are 900 lumen but burn soft white so i have something for flowerin befor it gets to that point

yes i know i will need more but i want to get what i can now lol that way when time comes i have all that i need
and i know i need soft white or a redesh tint and that the bluesh is good for flower or i can use a mix of both right now as long as the blue domanates the red
lol i have read alot on this lol
but nice plants man lookin good mine are still in first and second leafs not so big as yours i have 4 2 stayin inside and 2 gotin outside soon

Back
Top Bottom