2014 HeavyWeights Duke It Out for the Silver Coin

Re: 2014 HeavyWeights Duke it out for the Silver Coin with Rock Nutrients

here is a pic of the cuts and tonight was Heisenberg tea night
they are going to make it, in two weeks Ill know which one will run.
The Cap'n and I decided that he will run GH flora series on the non entry cut and I will run Advanced Nutrients 2 Part Grow on my non-entry Purple Dream and this way we can all see a three way side by side (calm down lol) and see which of the 3 grows best.

IMG_186119.JPG

Sorry its upside downthat was the tea being given to the entry cut

here is a pic of the cuts and tonight was Heisenberg tea night
they are going to make it, in two weeks Ill know which one will run.
The Cap'n and I decided that he will run GH flora series on the non entry cut and I will run Advanced Nutrients 2 Part Grow on my non-entry Purple Dream and this way we can all see a three way side by side (calm down lol) and see which of the 3 grows best.

Sorry its upside down, that was the tea being given to the entry cut

Looking great! Hold your camera the OTHER way so the pictures don't auto flip on this messageboard.

I need to brew up some tea tomorrow. Isn't it weird how the ROCK GROW doesn't change the color of the water in the bucket?

Smack talk.... you guys know I love to give everyone a hard time :) Especially Sling. But sling's veg always looks A+ and my veg game has been off lately.

This game is 80% about veg. Sure, flower is important too, but whoever can grow it the biggest in veg will have a huge head start in flower.

subed for sure , great thread guys. :)

I'm sure this is going to be great.

:bravo:

You guys may not know it but you are doing a great service here on 420 mag plus a whole lot of fun. LET'S "ROCK"

You guys may not know it but you are doing a great service here on 420 mag plus a whole lot of fun. LET'S "ROCK"

Trust me, we know it. It's 420mag who doesn't know it. But I don't do it for them. I do it for myself and all my cool friends here. Maybe someday we can all meet up at a cannabis cup.

Here's an update from The Capn:

Growth from Friday to Today. I topped both yesterday. It's funny how we can't really see our plants growing when we look at them every day. But when we compare pictures, it's a real eye opener.

I know this is the boring part. Let me know how I can make pictures of veg more exciting.

can you guys post your nutrient feeding schedule as you go along??

This is awesome! Ive always wanted to see someone who knows what they are doing, use the rock line up. love the side by side. Cap'n can you take a look at hydroponic research's FWOK. It is bulk wool and foam (for oxygen). Let me know what you think about it. I ordered some a while back and am using it with 12 gorilla glue 4 clones.

This is awesome! Ive always wanted to see someone who knows what they are doing, use the rock line up. love the side by side. Cap'n can you take a look at hydroponic research's FWOK. It is bulk wool and foam (for oxygen). Let me know what you think about it. I ordered some a while back and am using it with 12 gorilla glue 4 clones.

Rock wool grow cubes, mapito, FWOK... love it all. You can grow in any of these and still follow "capn style" recipes.

No one told me about this thread and not find it till now, so late should have been here from page 1, but here till end now!

Cap'n, how you get rid of all the cubes in this pic, I want to do that with one of my outdoor beasts after harvest, hoping to challenge the record for base stem width for growing 'cap'n style', think I going to need a saw to cut them down:)

Here is what my entry looked like yesterday after I transplanted it from a netpot to a #1 Nursery Pot.
Its getting the "Rock" Fusion Grow and "Rock" Supercharge. I will keep all of you updated with pics when they have grown enough to see a difference.
Feel free to ask questions
Purple_Dream.jpg

Hey cap'n are we using Reverse Osmosis Water Only or is natural well water ok? If I can't use my 84 PPM well water I will supplement with CA-MG.
I will also top the plant tonight, once it recovers and shows new growth I will post a pic

OK went back to page 1 and read where its ok to supplement with CA/MG just let me know what options I have with H2O

Looking good s1ingblade, How much run off do you want when you feed to waste, s1ing? Capn?

No one told me about this thread and not find it till now, so late should have been here from page 1, but here till end now!

Cap'n, how you get rid of all the cubes in this pic, I want to do that with one of my outdoor beasts after harvest, hoping to challenge the record for base stem width for growing 'cap'n style', think I going to need a saw to cut them down:)

I sprayed the root ball with a garden hose sprayer until I sprayed all the rockwool out of it. I tried to make some "balm" but it didn't really help my patient. If you decide to do this, let me know.

Hey cap'n are we using Reverse Osmosis Water Only or is natural well water ok? If I can't use my 84 PPM well water I will supplement with CA-MG.
I will also top the plant tonight, once it recovers and shows new growth I will post a pic

In veg, I start with a 5 gal bucket of water and I add about 3ml/gal, to my RO water. That brings the PPM to just over 200. Then I'm adding 6ml/gal Rock GROW, and 4ml/gal Rock SuperCharge. This is according to the nutrient chart. The ONLY other thing I'm doing is making beneficial tea, once a week.

A cal / mag additive is optional. Personally, I would use it even with the well water.

Looking good s1ingblade, How much run off do you want when you feed to waste, s1ing? Capn?

60cal, that's a great question. It is best to have plenty of run off. If you only feed until you see a TINY bit of run off, there is a chance the PPM or PH could fluctuate inside the media (rockwool). The more you run off, the more confident you can be that the PH and PPM in the root zone is the same as what you're pouring in. And this is why, in flower, we irrigate (recirculating) for a solid 15 minutes at a time. I've actually seen minor deficiencies in veg, when I don't water enough. I used to recirculate in veg too, but I find I enjoy hand watering them.

So then if i gather correctly you are feeding to waste in veg then, yes?

Yes I hand water to waste in veg, unless I'm on vacation, and then I rig up recirculating. I enjoy gardening and different kinds of plants, (canna, banana trees, coleus, etc) so I always have a use for the run off nutrients.

Yes I hand water to waste in veg, unless I'm on vacation, and then I rig up recirculating. I enjoy gardening and different kinds of plants, (canna, banana trees, coleus, etc) so I always have a use for the run off nutrients.

Thanks Capn.. will just be a matter of time before mods remove your off topic photo.. but damn!! you got some roots! Lovely picture. Do you have an off topic gallery by any chance? Clearly you can grow some amazing cannabis, i'm sure you're quite the gardener!

I also enjoy gardening (however i dont have an actual garden.. YET) and the GF and i were going to start a couple of Pineapples.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of nutrients a pineapple plant likes and if i can grow them in grodan gro cubes hahaha

Back
Top Bottom