2014 Indoor - DWC - CFL - Unknown Seed

Trial and error , learning exp thats all so we will see, i had 6 and 2 seedlings i put 4 in the dwc and 2 outside so i have two healthy backups and 2 growing seedlings incase

49 day

Today i decided to prepare plant for full flowering. Stretching is almost complete, buds are about to start forming. Removed all lower fan leaves and several weaker branches. Trained and evenly spreaded colas. Used whole pack of pipe cleaning thingies :cheesygrinsmiley:
Few photos for today:ganjamon:
5942.jpg
41184.jpg
31540.jpg
21736.jpg
12580.jpg

6837.jpg

Next day plant feels good, looks good and smells good :) Giving her 1.5l of tap water with mineral magic every last 3 days, not filling reservoir to the top, i noticed that plant feels better when pretty large part of roots is hanging in the air, and all hairy and fluffy part is sitting in water. Keeping pH at 5.8 always, it's really easy, just few drops of pH- after adding new water. I must say, that growing in hydro is absolutely easy and does not take much of time, if not talking about training or other stuff you do with your plant. This is really good stuff!
Few photos for today
DSCN00138.jpg
DSCN00128.jpg
DSCN001811.jpg
DSCN000910.jpg

52 day, 21 day of 12/12

Many small leaves grown out of future bud sites, flowering is going on well. It seems that it's sativa dominant (by the leaves), also that explains, why the smell is so intensive and why plant stretched so much in flowering. Some leaves still have brown tips, plant shows too much nutes constantly, even if i am giving her nutes only once a week and only part of recommended nutes. Today she received only 70% of recommended nutes, hoping that she will be happy with that.
flow2.jpg

Looking amazing ashpac! You have really done a lot in that small cab!

Keep in mind if you see effects on your plant its usually caused 2-3 days ago. Dont worry about using less and less nutes if thats what she is telling you. Im in full flower coming down ready for my harvest and my girl never used over 600 ppm of nutes the entire grow. If i raised it more than this i saw signs of nute burn and tip burn. All strains are different!

:bravo::goodjob:

Looking amazing ashpac! You have really done a lot in that small cab!

Keep in mind if you see effects on your plant its usually caused 2-3 days ago. Dont worry about using less and less nutes if thats what she is telling you. Im in full flower coming down ready for my harvest and my girl never used over 600 ppm of nutes the entire grow. If i raised it more than this i saw signs of nute burn and tip burn. All strains are different!

:bravo::goodjob:

Thanks, man! Yeah, it seems that nute recommendations are only general, but every plant has it's own limits. You see, i use tap water, which is 425ppm already, so this could be a reason of slight overdose of nutes. Anyway, all this is coming with practice, i could say that im starting to feel what my plant wants, may it sound strange, but it is like that :)

55 day, 24 day of 12/12

This box is clearly too small for this monster :thedoubletake: It seems that some more bending will be needed, despite it is not good in flowering. Lots of new green mass has grown. After reducing some nutes new signs of overdose are not seen, flowering is going well :Namaste:
P10801171.JPG

i would say my good sir that you have a sativa dominant hybrid there .
long thin fingered leaves,medium calyx to leaf ratio and a will to keep stretching lol.:)
what does she smell like mate?
looking good mate ,you obviously have the "touch"

Yeah man, i think that it's "sativa like" plant, which is a big joy for me, i like high more than stone. Smell is very strange, it smells not skunky at all, not fruity or lemony or anything i recognize. Smell is pretty intensive, it feels when box is open, especially after touching plant. I could not say that smell is nor pleasant or unpleasant, it's specific and strangely sweet / fresh, can not even describe it :) Will see later, when plant will develop buds and some oils, thinking that the smell could change then. Anyway, i need just further correctly feed her and bend her, it seems that she is pretty happy with what she is receiving :)

yep i think whatever your doing is perfect for you and over time you will hone these skills and evolve with your grows.
once again awesome job:)
as to minor nute burn (and this is where peeps will argue with me) if the tips of the leaves are showing minor nute burn, as long as its only the very point of the leaf and the plants are drinking and growing rapidly still
then it would not concern me as i know that my plants are still uptaking the nutes at MAX strength and happy growing. and maintain ph (which i never have a prob with the nutes i use)

Minor burns are from earlier time last week, when i added some more nutes. This all week there were less nutes and no new brown tips are seen, so i think this is the sweet point, will keep it this way, till maybe plant will ask for more in later flowering. Next week she will receive first portion of flower stimulator (fructose with various good stuff), hoping she will like it :) One other thing i did understood in this grow - you surely can use both bio and mineral nutes / additives together, plant will use it all without any problems as long as there is plenty of light and fair amount of everything else, everything is working together just perfectly :) And yeah, Cellmax nutes i am using have no problems with pH too - just a couple ml of pH- when changing nutes and few drops when feeding - my pH is always 5.8, just like that, with no fluctuations.

in time you will realise whats best for you and whats not.
i tend not to listen to hydro store owners, they have products to market and need to sell.
you walk in for advice and walk out a couple hundred bucks lighter and a bunch of crap addatives that do nothing except cause problems lmao.

58 day / 27 day of 12/12

Yesterday plant has reached lamps again, so training was made one more time. Hoping that it was last time, as stems are pretty hard already and easily snaps when bending. Anyway, result of this training is very good, now all colas have gaps between them and light is reaching bottom of buds. No leaves were removed yesterday, they all moved to bottom just under the scrog after bending.
Changed all bulbs to 2700K 23W 1600lm, in active flowering plant will receive only warm light.
Tomorrow mini flush will be done for one day, before adding new nutes and flowering stimulator.
Here is my plant day after training
DSCN9888.JPG

they are looking like flower has set in properly now so stretch should slow down but dont discount it, she will prob make you work a bit more lol
i must sound like i stutter when i jump on your journal as all i can say is GOOD JOB mate. your doing a top job!!

Back
Top Bottom