2017 Aliens Have Landed! Leaving Behind Elite Ecwam & Deweyponics

Ok, how do I grow a strain for medicine...max yield....small space....shortest amount of time....budget??????

This is where my quest started almost a year ago.

I took my decades of gorilla, patio/container soil grow experience.
Couple years of hydro experience (NFT and Dutch Bucket).

Started a cabinet grow inside.
Hydro...DWC, Standalone.
20"x14"x5'6" overpriced piece of shit grow box.
1 MARS HYDRO 48
WW 9 plants in a SOG
Changed to grow for clones
19 clones taken
SCOG...Flip
Harvested 1/3 on weeks 7, 9 and 10
5.6 ounces (marketable bud only, no trim no popcorn)

22470.jpg

Same time frame
The next grow was designed for a larger grow cabinet 2 each 24"x36"x6' wall lockers. Separate Clone. Veg, Flower compartments.

20170629_201719_resized.jpg

its being repurposed into a HUMIDOR?

Hydro, DWC standalone 10gal tote.
32"x24"x8' closet cubbyhole.
2/3 MARS HYDRO 48
WW 4 plants 1 runt
80 days of training, 80 days of flower
40 clones taken
10.4 ounces (marketable bud no trim no popcorn

small_space.jpg

26days.jpg

Hydro, DWC standalone 7gal tote.
16"x34"x6.5" under bed tote
2/3 MARS HYDRO 48
WW 21 plants in a SOG
5 weeks of rooting/veg, 10 weeks of flower

[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Clone_Closet2.jpg

4th week of flower unexpected heat wave hit. No A/C set up. Temps, pH, Lockout.....2 weeks of battered distress and sloooooowwwww growth.

20170622_202012_resized.jpg

Yielded a disappointing 8.7 ounces

During this time the grow box has come together. Operating efficiently environmentally.

Started a 36 clone tote 15 gal. Grew out of proportion during the heat wave. Delayed flowering turned into more of a hassle than worth the effort. Brought to an early harvest for Fresh Harvest OIL.
Hydro was becoming a major issue!
I only need to run independent standalone drain to waste systems.

MY THOUGHTS ON HYDRO! I'll try to be professional with this.

To maximize the benefits of growing in hydroponics.
It's important to know how to fine tune the nutrient regimen.
This will ensure plants are getting everything they need. In the right doses at the right time.
Understanding and utilizing EC readings as a measurement tool. designed to monitor and to feed a mix of the right elements for optimal growth and yield.

EC is a great management tool for hydroponics, but it can be misleading when you're using organic fertilizers. Organic molecules generally don't conduct electricity.
Plants can't take up large, uncharged organic molecules; they must first be digested by micro-organisms in the SOIL into tiny ions that plants absorb through the roots in a process called mineralization.

Micro-organisms such as mycorrhizal fungi and plant-growth-promoting rhizobacteria produce organic acids and enzymes that release the mineral ions from SOIL and organic matter into a form that the roots can absorb.
In SOIL systems, organic fertilizers feed the micro-organisms, and the micro-organisms feed the plants. Only the ions that are ready for plant use will be measured with an EC meter.

Hydroponics provides a shortcut for mineral uptake.
The minerals for hydroponics are mined from the earth and ocean. Than processed into their water-soluble, ionic form.
When hydroponic fertilizers dissolve in water, they immediately split up into a nutritious blend of positively and negatively charged mineral ions, bypassing the micro-organisms and directly feeding the plant.

By giving the plant all of its nutrients in water-soluble, ionic forms, the plant can take up nutrients quickly.

ENOUPH being nice....

Hydroponic Companies nutrients are not designed to micro feed.

Look at all the money ($$$$) they would lose without multitudes of Beneficial's, enhancer's and good old "you need this stuff to grow big" products.

Don't get me wrong...there are products out there that fit the bill for micro feed, but they do come with a cost$$$
AN, NPK, CH all make products or combination thereof. For $0.47 to $1.10 per gallon to feed.

Had a great conversation with AN Helpline representative. He advised me that "With all are products. You really need to flush your system with H2O2 every 5 to 7 days". Claimed he was a hydro grower using AN products. Growing 300 plants at a time. Shit got too expensive and ended up going back to soil.

AN sponsored a NEW Grow-Op in Colorado with a one-year FREE NUTRIENT contract.
18 months later?????? To expensive? Closed their doors for good though.

I have the room now. Contemplated going back to soil....I'll do G2HM self-watering system...Maybe an Ebb & Flow.

Grow Box is on hold.....

Turning a master bath walk-in closet addition to my poorhouse into the cultivation area.

Following some 420 member's journals.

Pennywise is rockin it in the same environmental issues???

"Z7" he says. What the F#C& is z7?

Extensive research into z7 and their manufacturer has led me to a nutrient line.
That claims to micro feed their products (7 products, only need 5 to work) at pennies per gallon.

Bedroom Farmer has introduced to the community "Dewey Misters" aeroponic system.

With the combination of both....looking for a phenomenal cost effective grow.

ON POINT and on with the build

Very nice read to wake up to sir.

Just learned some pretty good info there based on personal experience and research .

Both those dudes are solid guys.

See you learned from someone else I'm learning from you ...

Guys the thing is that this low pressure aero (Dewey) is new to us also and we're learning as we go. Now Vex, Growchy and furcifer are experimenting with it so a lot of questions will be answered soon. The nutrients Furcifer and myself are using is a solid product but we need to dial in EC and PH. It seems in the aero/dwc setup it will take way less product than called for. Hopefully again we can answer my questions over the next few months on the nute line.

You must have been an Officer....
Sorry, could have been. I decided to work for a living. And most important..Taking care of Soldiers.
Infantry...Billed with a One-Star when retired.
Your name leads me to believe...Armor?

What's the price point on the FS nutes as opposed to AN?
Around $0.02 to $0.26 per gallon for FS.
These are a guesstimate figure based on their feed schedule.

Looks like it might be less using "Dewey".

AN around $0.45 to $1.00 plus per gallon throughout a grow.

2 days ago
Aliens have 7 finger leaves.
Official start of the veg stage!
Larger girls roots hit water.
Little one is poking along.

Today Will Increased NUTRIENTS to 40ppm, 0.03EC.

420-magazine-mobile1309734679.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1771910530.jpg

Slightly stained from CH bennies.
Impressed with the diameter of the roots.

420-magazine-mobile1874791538.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1264671908.jpg

They have great color. Let's see if they take off now.

Since I'm landlocked due to inclement weather.

I'll let you in on my vision, Grow plan for medicine.

Aliens are going to veg for clones (4each), and CS a branch for aditional seeds.

FIM to develope the supporting branches, and increase flowering bud sites. Some LST to improve lower branch development.

8 GSC Hybrid will go in the SOG Tote. One of two totes.
Enduring the same fate as the Aliens. (24 clones for 2nd Tote)

Once clones are taken from GSC. They will go to 12/12.

Aliens are 3 weeks ahead of GSC.
Their clones will go in the same Tote as the GSC.

All plants except the GSC clones will start flower phase together.

3 weeks out from harvest.
Start next grow strains.

Will work well, mine will be 4 buckets in flower tent. 2 buckets would be at harvest with the next 2 buckets 1 month behind. Ill have 2 buckets in flower tent 1 month apart. As i harvest 2 from flower tent i move 2 vegged plants in to replace them. Hope to harvest 2 plants each month or so.

So, this has nothing to do with marijuana cultivation, but this morning I placed my cinnamon roll down on table. I go to kitchen for coffee. In comes this little critter licking her whiskers....
IMG_95608.JPG
. I'm assuming she was looking for more. Lol. Oh well, my fatass didn't need it anyway.

On the side...I received my order from 420 in 8 days to south east us. In case anyone was wondering about 420. No tracking # with them though. Blueberry autoflower....in pt's, even though they suggest a diff method for germing....man I hope I can grow a decent plant. Love that blueberry. The "gold leaf" will have to wait.

Lastly, anyone know if these are the "magic" variety of mushrooms? Don't want the puppers getting crazy or sick on me. The one above is nicknamed "jaws" because she has a killer bite that she thinks is harmless. She even has a shark costume for trick or treating already:thumb: Oh, these shrooms are in wife's gerber daisy pot. Same soil my plants are in.

Sorry, could have been. I decided to work for a living. And most important..Taking care of Soldiers.
Infantry...Billed with a One-Star when retired.
Your name leads me to believe...Armor?

1sg Infantry
RLTW
All the way!

Update with Pics, your killing me. Nice setup.

Back
Top Bottom