2018 Organic Greenhouse Grow: 6 Strains

Nice thread. Keep up the good work. You got some awesome strains. Hopefully next year you can get a more taller gh house though. Also I would get one of those industrial stand up fans for in there. I know your on a budget, I am too. But invest for a better future of your grow.

Great growing! Love the journal. No surprise they're ripping it on the growth front, you are treating them right.

Looking super healthy man. Loving your strain collection.
Thanks. They do like the soil. The seeds were a gift from my brother. I chose the strains he paid. He's a good shit. Got him high once 35 yrs ago and he's never done it again. He liked it but he has asthma. Guy has crappy luck. So thanks to my little bro I have this.
I chose Critical kush from RQS because I grew it before but from Barneys and loved it. I had good luck w RQS before so will compare. I wanted a haze type so went with haze berry. Blue dream was a free promo. I asked who was the breeder and was told a private grower in Spain grew them. I grew 2 out of 4. Not very sativa like in leaf but so far they are blooming like the haze berry. The bubba and holy grail I've grown before but not outside. We'll see.

andIhalped post: 4101900 said:
Great growing! Love the journal. No surprise they're ripping it on the growth front, you are treating them right.
Thanks andlhalped. I really underestimated the growth potential. I'm kinda doing a day by day thing. Next year I'll get this part right but I'll be dealing with a different screw up. I can count on me. Gotta love growing and I do mean you gotta if you plan on keeping sane and have fun along the way.

Thanks andlhalped. I really underestimated the growth potential. I'm kinda doing a day by day thing. Next year I'll get this part right but I'll be dealing with a different screw up. I can count on me. Gotta love growing and I do mean you gotta if you plan on keeping sane and have fun along the way.
Almost everyone underestimates how big they'll get, if you treat 'em right.

8 ft plants look kinda cool, but they're a bit much to deal with.

But if you want 'em shorter (but bushier), start topping & LST'ing earlier. I learned my lesson two years ago, wrestling with a 7+ foot Jack Herer. Great plant, great yield, but probably coulda got the same yield from the same plant if it was 2 ft shorter, but bushier.

Need more spacing between plants to do it right, but it ain't that hard.

Really happy with this gal...about 3 foot wide & about 3 ft tall in this pic from last week (3rd week in flower)...woulda let her get taller, but I thought she'd stretch more & she hasn't, but I'm quite satisfied:

But if you want 'em shorter (but bushier), start topping & LST'ing earlier. I learned my lesson two years ago, wrestling with a 7+ foot Jack Herer. Great plant, great yield, but probably coulda got the same yield from the same plant if it was 2 ft shorter, but bushier.

Really happy with this gal...about 3 foot wide & about 3 ft tall in this pic from last week (3rd week in flower)...woulda let her get taller, but I thought she'd stretch more & she hasn't, but I'm quite satisfied:

errps that was from 2 weeks ago

this is from last week

Nice thread. Keep up the good work. You got some awesome strains. Hopefully next year you can get a more taller gh house though. Also I would get one of those industrial stand up fans for in there. I know your on a budget, I am too. But invest for a better future of your grow.
Thanks, I like your thinking. My gh is 20+ yrs old. Baby needs a new dress. Her plastic isn't what I normally use. I have new film a 6yr gh poly that's going on next spring. I have a thermostatic fan but all I can find is the control unit, no fan. Looked in places I'd forgotten about. Really sucked with the heat we had this summer. I'm working at getting the laser stove ready. Cleaned fuel tank, found rat shit all under housing, hell found it everywhere. Did a good cleaning. She runs great. I set a temp and keep the tank full, run power. At 22,000 btu its able to do the job from early March to Thanksgivings. I'm lucky that I can raise her but that's not what I like. I've always grown in pots before. Never has a plant gotten away from me till now. I wasn't aggressive enough and gave in too soon. I let Them lose and goofed. Ha Welcome to the site by the way. Hope to see you around.

errps that was from 2 weeks ago

this is from last week

Wish I had asked for suggestions in July. I really didn't want them to hit 6' tall. I'm not about quantity, hell I don't even own scales. Well I loaned them out and you know the rest. Haven't weighed my crops in 3 years. Just put the bags in the freezer.
Your plants are what I was shooting for bud. Liberace would be proud of your candelabra. Very nice plants and you can care for them without using a ladder or cherry picker. If I fall there wouldn't be much left to the one I land on.
Your plant seems about a week ahead of my earliest. I thought when they hit 4' they were done and I stopped pinching the tips. All my experience In container growing led me to back off. After all they were touching each other. Spacing is an issue too. I must have spent a whole day figuring out placement. Chose 4' on center. Way too close. Next year I'm putting 4 plants max with 2 out in the wild.
I'm glad you noticed all my goofs. I saw it and to have you see it as I do is encouraging. My plan for this year seems fluid. I'm not in full control they are! But I'll work with what I have and not fight it. Good luck with your girls.

Wish I had asked for suggestions in July. I really didn't want them to hit 6' tall. I'm not about quantity, hell I don't even own scales. Well I loaned them out and you know the rest. Haven't weighed my crops in 3 years. Just put the bags in the freezer.
Your plants are what I was shooting for bud. Liberace would be proud of your candelabra. Very nice plants and you can care for them without using a ladder or cherry picker. If I fall there wouldn't be much left to the one I land on.
Your plant seems about a week ahead of my earliest. I thought when they hit 4' they were done and I stopped pinching the tips. All my experience In container growing led me to back off. After all they were touching each other. Spacing is an issue too. I must have spent a whole day figuring out placement. Chose 4' on center. Way too close. Next year I'm putting 4 plants max with 2 out in the wild.
I'm glad you noticed all my goofs. I saw it and to have you see it as I do is encouraging. My plan for this year seems fluid. I'm not in full control they are! But I'll work with what I have and not fight it. Good luck with your girls.
Those aren't goofs. It's all just guesswork, unless one's growing from a clone of plant they know well.

Mine is an example of not guessing correctly: I thought they'd stretch at least another foot in flower, which has been absolutely incorrect. But also no big deal. I'm satisfied.

We all learn best by doing & you're doing great. Your plants are healthy. Too big for your tastes is way better than unhealthy plants! So, :goodjob:

& yep, I don't own scale either. I also don't get hung up on yield. I give more than half away, yearly, anyway.

Thank you bud. It seems like I can always tell a seedling from a clone. Seedlings seem robust than clones. I'm lucky though, I can adjust the gh to accommodate their height. Just don't want them too crowded. Cool weather and rain are the norm here in the fall.
By the way I want to try lemon meringue. I'm a big sativa fan. Now I'm craving lemon meringue pie also, its my favorite.

Well the heats on its way again. 90's forecasted for the week. Have to get onions and potatoes out of the ground, cured and ready for storage. All before the girls get cut. This is when things get busy again.
So I need to plan for this after all it would suck to lose anything because I got lazy. The reason I chose to grow in my greenhouse was to prevent bud rot and be able to grow a few longer maturing strains. They grew and grew causing me to go into reactivate mode. I raised the gh, bent and tied plant, thinned them out and fortunately no mildew or pests arose. I do have a healthy crop of spiders and dragonflies helping me out. Just noticed a few caterpillars this week. No damage just making chrysalis'. They're everywhere including laundry hanging out to dry. I don't think I need to use BT at this point.
I've only had an issue with them once. Five or so yrs ago we had a borer infestation. Many local growers had them. They looked like European corn borers but I never did get a positive Id. Could see sawdust on the leaf near a stalk with a hole. I took a pin and poked above and below the hole killing the worm. I was able to keep ahead of them. I haven't seen any since but I keep looking.
This week I blew out the sides of the gh to give some grow space and airflow for the plants. This was me adapting to the situation not trying to force the plants to do what's not in their nature. Here are a few pics.

These pics show the project half done. Much more clearance than what it shows here. I was able to get the poly higher. Plenty of air and grow space and after thinning, bending and tying I can even get in there now

Thank you bud. It seems like I can always tell a seedling from a clone. Seedlings seem robust than clones. I'm lucky though, I can adjust the gh to accommodate their height. Just don't want them too crowded. Cool weather and rain are the norm here in the fall.
By the way I want to try lemon meringue. I'm a big sativa fan. Now I'm craving lemon meringue pie also, its my favorite.
I was really happy with the lemon meringue that I grew -- really stellar & yep I'm big into sativa's, too. Not a great yielder, but great buzz & great flavor!

Well the heats on its way again. 90's forecasted for the week. Have to get onions and potatoes out of the ground, cured and ready for storage. All before the girls get cut. This is when things get busy again.
So I need to plan for this after all it would suck to lose anything because I got lazy. The reason I chose to grow in my greenhouse was to prevent bud rot and be able to grow a few longer maturing strains. They grew and grew causing me to go into reactivate mode. I raised the gh, bent and tied plant, thinned them out and fortunately no mildew or pests arose. I do have a healthy crop of spiders and dragonflies helping me out. Just noticed a few caterpillars this week. No damage just making chrysalis'. They're everywhere including laundry hanging out to dry. I don't think I need to use BT at this point.
I've only had an issue with them once. Five or so yrs ago we had a borer infestation. Many local growers had them. They looked like European corn borers but I never did get a positive Id. Could see sawdust on the leaf near a stalk with a hole. I took a pin and poked above and below the hole killing the worm. I was able to keep ahead of them. I haven't seen any since but I keep looking.
This week I blew out the sides of the gh to give some grow space and airflow for the plants. This was me adapting to the situation not trying to force the plants to do what's not in their nature. Here are a few pics.

These pics show the project half done. Much more clearance than what it shows here. I was able to get the poly higher. Plenty of air and grow space and after thinning, bending and tying I can even get in there now
Really nice work! It's the home stretch, now!

Seems like we should put together a sticky thread in the outdoor growing section on keeping plants to a manageable size. Everyone wants a big plant until they have to wrestle with a monstress. Been thru it, too. Trying to keep my 7' Jack Herer under 10' a coupla years ago was more stressful than fun, at the time.

'course still smoking on that fine sativa two years later, made it entirely worthwhile!

Grow on!

Seems like we should put together a sticky thread in the outdoor growing section on keeping plants to a manageable size. Everyone wants a big plant until they have to wrestle with a monstress. Been thru it, too. Trying to keep my 7' Jack Herer under 10' a coupla years ago was more stressful than fun, at the time.

'course still smoking on that fine sativa two years later, made it entirely worthwhile!

Grow on![/
Sounds like something I could have used myself this grow. I'm not sure how to do a sticky but will help anyway I can.

I hear you!
Good to hear from you again. I've been looking through your post for a while and I have a question. Are you anywhere near Surry Gardens? They are my once a year drive I take to the coast. I've been all over New England but the area around Surry is by far the most beautiful imo. Lots of like minded people. Unity is another gem. I'll be there for Common Ground soon its always a good time learning new things.
Best of luck with your grow too.

After a long and hectic week I finally have a break. The plants have slowed down a bit. I'm no longer scared they will take over the back yard! I still needed to fix the greenhouse though. I wasn't comfortable with the air space between the tops and the gh film. So off to Lowes I went. I found something new to me. A snap tee. Coolest thing. like getting a new lego set with all the newest cool pieces. So I bought a few with the fitting sizes I needed and made some alterations.

I was able to snap them to my purlins and with the reducer. I added an 18'' piece of pvc pipe with a 90⁰ angle to each on the ends and a tee to the center support because it is such a long span (7ft).

Then I connected three of these risers with 2 long pvc pipes that now hold the gh film away from the tops of my plants. This is the final alteration I plan on doing. I now need to put in the heater. We have lows in the lower 40's this coming weekend. My average first frost is around the 15th of this month.

Back
Top Bottom