2018 Organic Greenhouse Grow: 6 Strains

kgg634

Well here I go. I've been growing for 40+ years with the last 8 of them concentrating on cannabis. I started out in soil in pots then moved to hydro then back to pots and now in the ground. This is where I'm most comfortable and my plants seem to do better.

Specs

12x20 poly tunnel 8' tall at center
6ml poly (cheap poly not G.H poly yet)
Attic type thermostatic exhaust fan
Toyo laser kerosene heater
Security

What I'm growing

Bubba Kush
Holy Grail Kush
Haze Berry
Blue Dream
Critical Kush
Sensi Skunk Auto

They were all germinated in seed starting mix on April 25th
Moved to greenhouse the beginning of May. Put into the ground around the end of May.

My base soil is very heavy clay. I added compost, peat moss and sand last year. From experience I didn't add any lime. I grew vegetables only with good results. This spring I added 4 more bales of peat and more compost.

Due to height requirements I chose to train plants to grow as a table top. If buds touch poly they get rot..

Now I'll try to post a few pics.

Here are some pics. I'll start with how they looked like in early June.
DSCF7177.JPG
DSCF7180.JPG
DSCF7183.JPG
DSCF7185.JPG
DSCF7199.JPG
DSCF7202.JPG
DSCF7207.JPG
DSCF7206.JPG

Let me know if I should do something different when I post photos. Hoping to add descriptions when I figure out how. I'm still reading up on how.

I'm in for the ride!

When you upload photos there should be spaces for you to add a description and also to rename the photo...makes it a lot easier for you later when posting.

:goodluck:

Now I'll try to add descriptions with each pic.
I can't get captions between pics. I need to figure this out. Hopefully before it snows.
These are last years plants. I grew 2 outdoors inputs. Moved them to gh in mid Sept.​
Pic 4 show what happens when you more a potted bush to mow. Branches snapped off even though I was careful. My brother moved it and a third of it was lost. This one reason they are in the ground this year. Sam is my coon cat. He hangs in there and keeps the mice, rats, chipmunks and squirrels on their toes. He's just as important as the dragonflies in keeping pests in check.
DSC07032.JPG
DSC07030.JPG
DSC07034.JPG
DSC07037.JPG
DSC07041.JPG

I'm in for the ride!

When you upload photos there should be spaces for you to add a description and also to rename the photo...makes it a lot easier for you later when posting.

:goodluck:
Good afternoon Blew. I just posted more pics trying to do just as you said. Would it be easier if I placed pics in my album first? I don't remember seeing a prompt to add captions. Let me try again. Thanks K

Good afternoon Blew. I just posted more pics trying to do just as you said. Would it be easier if I placed pics in my album first? I don't remember seeing a prompt to add captions. Let me try again. Thanks K
Yes, put them in your album and when you are posting you click on the camera icon and it will open your photos.

Jesus, you murdered that plant that you moved! Consider getting some fabric pots with handles...makes moving them much easier...

DSCF7098.JPG
I'm going to try and attach captions again. Here's Blue Dream #1. I got 4 free seeds with my order. Germinated 2 of them. This one is a bit more robust than its sister​
DSCF7143.JPG
This is Blue Dream #2 She isn't as robust as #1 Which you will see in more current pics
DSCF7107.JPG

This is Bubba Kush from Humbolt Seed Org. Planted out about May 20th. All plants put into the ground without mulch to allow the soil time to warm up.
DSCF7109.JPG

An overview taken around June 1st

Yes, put them in your album and when you are posting you click on the camera icon and it will open your photos.

Jesus, you murdered that plant that you moved! Consider getting some fabric pots with handles...makes moving them much easier...

I was being kind to my brother. He mowed with his lawn tractor and moved them himself. In his defense this plant was ridiculously brittle. He did admit being in a hurry and the pot did a flip and roll down a small hill. Believe me my brother paid for it. Ha
As you know you can't control everything. It just sucked, I lost more than half the plant. This is why I'm planting in the ground now.

Mind if I set in Kgg your garden looks wonderful. this should be interesting. I need to get a green house as well. I'm not growing yet but will be in September due to heat where I live.

cheers
Welcome. I love my gh and you have to otherwise your in for a lot of frustration. Its
A lot of work but when you love it its not bad. Keeps me out of trouble...so far.

Can't see any of the latest pics....

Yeah, like I said in the beginning my PC is old. I'm having a bitch with this. I spent way too much time posting the last pics trying to remove the gallery info. I was worried I'd lose what I had. Followed this tutorial but right clicking on the pic in preview mode brought up a different window. Stripping Gallery Data From Your Post
And to top it off, typing using on screen keyboard is sooo slow. Time for a new laptop or something.
I'm gonna try again. Part deux coming soon?

I hope this works... This my Sunday routine. I use rough compost made with food scraps and lawn clippings and some fish, feather and bone meal. It got friggin' hot but never stank. I fill five gal buckets 1/3 full with compost add water steep at least an hour. The mess is straining. I mix the brew 1 part to 2 parts water. Each plant gets 5 gals. Then followed with a good hosing down. They look like I beat the crap out of them. If they're going to grow big outside they'll have to be tough.

Berry Haze. She's sativa dominant 80% 9 weeks flowering time. That puts her at the end of October. That's when the heater comes in. First frost is anytime after Sept 15th to Oct 15th. I need to keep gh warmer than the dew points for up to 8 weeks .

Bubba Kush. Supposed to be short. She's over 4' even though I've trained the crap out of it.

Blue Dream #2

Blue Dream #1
Front to back
Back to front
Center rt. is Critical Kush

. I'll b posting again tmrw. I have an issue w new growth that's yellow and a little deformities. First guess is calcium but not sure. I have pics 2b downloaded so I can post.

Attachments

• DSC07461.JPG
    DSC07461.JPG
    711.2 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC07463.JPG
    DSC07463.JPG
    810.4 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC07483.JPG
    DSC07483.JPG
    791.6 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC07484.JPG
    DSC07484.JPG
    736.3 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC07486.JPG
    DSC07486.JPG
    937 KB · Views: 178
Any idea what's going on?
This is what I have growing
Critical Kush
Bubba Kush
Holy Grail Kush
Haze Berry
Blue Dream

Growing in amended soil. Holy grail was the first to show signs. All tops on plants show yellowing starting in center base of new leaves. Some have variegation which I thought was viral in plants. When I looked here on 420mag the closest photo was over fert particularly excess nitrogen. Only using compost tea and fish fert mixed as label instructs. Sprayed homemade oxalic acid mixture I made from rhubarb 2 weeks ago. I'm puzzled.
Here are some pics. Other than this plants look healthy. No new bug damage.

Back
Top Bottom