Etzmishpat

Hey everyone,

This is my first grow!

I’ve received both of Ontario’s first legal recreational Cannabis strains from the OCS: Tweed’s Argyle and Bakerstreet seeds.

Both are Indica hybrids as far as I know.

I’m limited to a total of 4 plants at any given time (no way around this)... so I’m germinating 4 seeds, two of each strain. My understanding is that both sets of seeds are feminized.

I will post pictures when they germinate.

I am still setting up my equipment, a list of what I have so far follows below. If anyone can suggest better kit, I’m willing to invest in whatever is reasonable to ensure a perpetual harvest of 4 plants for personal use within the limits of Ontario and Canadian recreational Cannabis laws.

If anyone would like to help me with advice and constructive criticism during this grow, I would greatly appreciate it!

This is the equipment so have so far:

Lights:
- 1 x Advanced Platinum LED P150
- 1 x Advanced Platinum LED P450
- 1x 100w Cree COB LED

Tent:
- 4x4 foot from Vivosun

Medium: (Soil)
- Foxfarm potting soil from Amazon
- Promix also from Amazon

Nutrients:
- I’m not planning on using any nutrients at all but just incase, I do have:
- General Hydroponics (GH) PH up and PH down
- GH Bloom
- GH Grow (I understand this to be for veg phase)
- PH tester pen
- PPM tester pen

Grow Environment:

- I’m growing indoors

- Relative Humidity (RH) is pretty low 20-30% and I can’t change that much because of the environment here.

- Temperature: with lights on in the tent the temp is ~19-23 C. With lights off the temp can go as low as 17 C.

Light Cycle: Planning to start with 24-0

I have set up the intake and exhaust fans, also from vivosun and have timers.

I’m thinking of just using the two Platinum LEDs on veg setting (suspended at the top of the tent) - the measurements, above, reflect testing with the two Platinums suspended side by side.

I’m considering using the Cree COB during flower if at all.

Any suggestions are welcome.

452864E3-904D-4D54-B553-C0BF9515B6DA.jpeg

first post i have seen on here with actual legal seeds.

finally. gosh we be slow

karma sent friend,, look thru the journals for similar grows to what you plan,, and get reading,, so much to learn

looks like you are preparing nicely,, well done

cheers

Thanks!

Yeah, the wait for legal seeds has been ridiculous. They are also unreasonably expensive. 60$ for four seeds, that’s before shipping... I’ve been growing dill and basil to test the equipment for the last few weeks.

Now for the real thing.

I hope they germinate!

yeah, about 126$ CAD for 8 seeds from the OCS (Ontario Cannabis Store).

My interpretation of the relevant legislation is that only 4 seeds can be growing at any given time.

I’ve started with 2 of each type with a view to having four plants, two of each.

If all goes well, two (one of each) will become mother plants for clones so i’ll keep those two in veg for as long as necessary.

The other two will be allowed to flower after LST etc.

This hobby has already cost probably two grand in lights and equipment alone: the P450 was 900$ Canadian after tax, the P150 was 350$ CAD - the Cree COB was 250 after tax... this is an expensive hobby.

The goal is to have my own 100% legal self-generating stash. If this initial investment gets me there then it will be worth it.

For personal / professional reasons (can’t get into too much detail) I have to be very careful and abide strictly by our provincial and federal recreational Cannabis laws.

I’ve been waiting for a very long time to be able to grow and smoke my own herb without having to worry about adverse legal consequences.

And given the position of the Americans, I still have to be on guard even though I’m strictly folllowing the law because the US border guards may ban Canadians involved in the “production” of Cannabis... that’s why I’ll be limiting the personal information I post.

I think he four plant limit is very unreasonable. Will a clone count as a “plant” within the meaning of the Act?

I’m sure there will be some very interesting cases before the courts. I look forward to reading them and just don’t want to be the defendant in a test case.

This isn’t legal advice but please be very careful. My interpretation of the relevant legislation requires all recreational plants to have been purchased from an authorized source, such as the OCS with the relevant Excise Act number for chain of custody... or plausibly be a descendant of such a source.

Just to all Canadians without giving legal advice (this is a friendly commentary and not to be relied upon), unless you are satisfied that you can prove that your plants are from a legal source and that you have exercised due diligence to ensure that your plants are not unlawfully obtained, be circumspect about creating evidence that may be intercepted and used by the Crown against you.

i think this is an rcmp sting,, i am outa here

o_O

oh, btw,, i have,, 'seeds' for sale,, cheap,, free delivery,, iffin you pick em up,, stealth guaranteed

Ha, would the RCMP target someone who has taken special care not to violate the letter or spirit of the law? Actually, they might! For my sake I hope they have better things to do. If this were some kind of sting, I doubt the OP would entreat her audience to follow the law... FOLLOW THE LAW!

But you really never know... if you don’t think the RCMP actively read this forum then you’re nuts. If you’re interested, search www.canlii.org for more information, perhaps a case where the Crown entered excerpts from this forum as exhibits. I have not checked but there may be results.

I do expect the police to see this and, as such, hello Mounties and all other Peace Officers! If I’m doing something wrong, why not post advice and direction (on your respective websites or, even as a reply to this thread) so that Canadians may conduct their affairs, including the private and personal cultivation of recreational Cannabis (where allowed by provincial law etc) within the letter of the law. I understand this forum to be indexed by google...

In any event I am not a police officer of any kind but I do everything reasonably possible to comply with the letter and spirit of the law.

Hopefully this doesn’t scare too many people away. But better that than not advising people not to volunteer inculpatory evidence that may be used against them.

Cannabis prohibition has ended in Canada. It’s time to (cautiously) abandon the bunker mentality. Even the Mounties can blaze nowadays.

almost every serious , what might be called, cannabis connoisseurs, could not possibly conform to the letter of the law. things have not changed at all for that person.

i think it would be accurate and fair to say that most old stoners are non conformists, to some degree, already. i completely speak from my own experience and knowledge of me.

for one,, how can one ever grow a plant outside?? who does not want to do that , if possible, within reason??

and the word perpetual,, i am not sure if that pertains to growing one batch, then growing another,, not quite perpetual, imo,, not to my way of thinking,,

see,, to have perpetual,, you would need to have two in flower,, while the other two are in veg,, getting ready to put into flower when harvest comes round on the two in flower

i get the totally legal thing,, certainly satisfies a lotto missus's out there,, growing mostly, but not only, a male thing

so,, i guess y'all never drive impaired then,, good on ya

not at all knockin you fine citizens,, not at all.

y'all notice something in canada?? since legalization??

nothin has really changed,, not that one would notice,, same ole,,

for a bunch of us,, business as usual,, stealth, keep it to onesself,, don't bring any attention to it,,

i have many more than four,, but all small, and oh,,
i live in brazil,, no,, uraguay,, ya,, that's it,, uraguay,,

karma sent from uraguay,,

almost every serious , what might be called, cannabis connoisseurs, could not possibly conform to the letter of the law. things have not changed at all for that person.

i think it would be accurate and fair to say that most old stoners are non conformists, to some degree, already. i completely speak from my own experience and knowledge of me.

for one,, how can one ever grow a plant outside?? who does not want to do that , if possible, within reason??

and the word perpetual,, i am not sure if that pertains to growing one batch, then growing another,, not quite perpetual, imo,, not to my way of thinking,,

see,, to have perpetual,, you would need to have two in flower,, while the other two are in veg,, getting ready to put into flower when harvest comes round on the two in flower

i get the totally legal thing,, certainly satisfies a lotto missus's out there,, growing mostly, but not only, a male thing

so,, i guess y'all never drive impaired then,, good on ya

not at all knockin you fine citizens,, not at all.

for a bunch of us,, business as usual,, stealth, keep it to onesself,, don't bring any attention to it,,

i have many more than four,, but all small, and oh,,
i live in brazil,, no,, uraguay,, ya,, that's it,, uraguay,,

karma sent from uraguay,,

Montevideo is an amazing place... not just the herb but the steak is... ridiculous. Churassco. They even named their airport after steak. Ha

Anyway, as noted above these seeds are supposed to be feminized and they’re expensive af. From what I’ve read, they can still yield male plants or herm out from stress. Apart from low temps and avoidance of stress, anything else I can do to reduce the likelihood of male or herm plants?

I’ll be really pissed off if, after months of care, one of these almost 20dollar government provided seeds has to be tossed.

yup, prices have dropped at dispensaries, legal or not, which makes it better for those who don't grow but don't want government weed :)

Absolutely true! I can count on one hand how many people I have seen smoking in public since legalization. I'm sure people see me all the time when I walk my dog enjoying my homegrown herb, but nothing has changed that I have noticed. Police dogs at ride checks now. Ya, that changed ;)

Equipment update:

I ordered a second, smaller, 2 by 2 tent so that I can keep the two plants that I ultimately select as “mothers” in veg while the other two go on to flower.

The plan is to let these four legal plants grow from seed, select the stronger two as mothers, flower the weaker two and then after every harvest take 2 new clones and flower those... again and again, forever.

The self-sustaining legal stash.

I’m going to put the Cree COB in the smaller tent.

For compliance purposes, I won’t be taking any cuttings from the future mother plants until the two future flower plants have been actually cut clean out of the ground, thus respecting the 4 plant limit at all times.

I know this is a long way off, but I’m going to have to get good at cloning. It looks like we can’t take an extra clone “just in case”... so if one of the two new flower-clones dies, too bad. Take one and only one new one and wait.

Gotta work with what we have.

Germination Protocol:

- 4 seeds placed in regular bowl of tap water for 24 hours (soak).

- after 24h soak each seed placed directly into very wet soil in individual containers... and, we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

oh sheesh,, last thing you want is very wet soil

my method ,, you do what you think is best,, you have my permission

leave the seeds in the water,, good start,,

watch for the seed to split and the tap root to show,, very easy to see all lilly white and all,,

once the seed has cracked,, and only once it has cracked,, place the seed,, very carefully,, put on the good glasses for this part

place the seed tap root side down,, into a solo cup of 'pre MOISTENED' soil,, not at all wet. put the soil in the cup and add just a bit of water and get a stick and mix it all up real good near down to the bottom,, mix it good so the soil is 'moist' only.

if wet,, dump out and start over

dig a hole in the very loosely packed soil about 3/4 inch deep and carefully plant the seed and 'loosely' cover the seed with the moistened soil.

and wait for 3 days for the head to pop out.

no watering at all during this time,, if you must,, lightly spray the top of the soil,, no more,, till the head pops out,, which it will, if the seed was cracked

then proper watering gets more difficult

Back
Top Bottom