2020 outdoor grow in Nova Scotia

Sunshine! Woo hoo. They are loving it. :)

Attachments

• 20200607_141412.jpg
    20200607_141412.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
So yesterday evening, I picked 6 slugs off of one plant. Big ones, little ones they juat kept comming. What options do I have to keep these things away?
Cut the top and bottom off a pop can slice it down one side so you can open it up. Cut it so that you can place it around the stock of the plant at the bottom and push it in the soil a little. Now carefully wrap the pop can completely in copper wire. Slugs do not fair well when they touch copper and get an electrical charge do to their enzymes in their slime. Copper wire sleeves can be bought at most garden store but need to be placed when transplanting them into their forever pot. The reason for wrapping a pop can is to allow the stock to grow to pop can size. Wrapping the stock on a growing plant will result in the plant slowly decapitating its self.

Cut the top and bottom off a pop can slice it down one side so you can open it up. Cut it so that you can place it around the stock of the plant at the bottom and push it in the soil a little. Now carefully wrap the pop can completely in copper wire. Slugs do not fair well when they touch copper and get an electrical charge do to their enzymes in their slime. Copper wire sleeves can be bought at most garden store but need to be placed when transplanting them into their forever pot. The reason for wrapping a pop can is to allow the stock to grow to pop can size. Wrapping the stock on a growing plant will result in the plant slowly decapitating its self.
Im gonna do this and get some shells to go around thanks @Flying Whales

Hey guys, been busy and not keeping up with journals , including my own. Life gets in the way this time of year and especially starting back to work. Thought I would pop in this morning and share a bit of my outdoor girls and update my thread since it’s raining out.

Here’s some pics of what I have going this year

Gorilla Shizzle Auto started inside and flowering out, soon will be ready
8974A5D9-F3D5-438B-87AC-E2CE2396B7CB.jpeg

These are the Blue Dream girls in the garden I have started to build with the intent of it becoming a greenhouse before next spring.

F7B7F55D-36AA-4E5C-BE60-33D65514AD83.jpeg
07CFC7E1-DA7E-423D-AC38-463160D93912.jpeg
F6A7C0AE-69D2-45AE-B900-E17EA659F336.jpeg
5028B4F6-47E0-4090-8FB5-39DA9CCFAE99.jpeg

And lastly, a Cluster Bomb in a 20 gal tote set up hempy style with perlite at the bottom and coco for medium. She was about 4“ tall 3 weeks ago when I put her out, did very little the 1st week and then exploded being fed 2 gallons a day of 6g/gal Mega Crop. Now 24” tall

05D239B2-55E5-4737-B104-07BB4908FCBC.jpeg

Have a good one guys, I’ll pop back in next weekend is time allows

Back
Top Bottom